Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law with Politics / Law with history

Options
  • 24-08-2015 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

Two of the courses I'm looking at in UCD at the moment are law with history and law with politics. I was wondering if anyone had any kind of information on either of these courses in relation to things such as class assignments/hours a week the course is on. Is there an option to study a language or go abroad on either of these courses?
    Did they talk to the students about recruitment options and career prospects after either of these courses?
    Any information at all about either course would be amazing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

I'm not doing the course, but I know there's an opportunity to spend a semester abroad In third year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭robman60

littleun wrote: »
    Hi,

Two of the courses I'm looking at in UCD at the moment are law with history and law with politics. I was wondering if anyone had any kind of information on either of these courses in relation to things such as class assignments/hours a week the course is on. Is there an option to study a language or go abroad on either of these courses?
    Did they talk to the students about recruitment options and career prospects after either of these courses?
    Any information at all about either course would be amazing.
    I'm doing a law with course currently. You'll have 13-17 hours per week depending on how your modules and tutorials fall. For the law side you should only have two assignments for the year, both in second semester. One on Constitutional law and the other on some tort such as economic loss or one of the large sections.

The course allows two of your twelve modules for the year to be electives. I did a language as my elective in first year and I would definitely encourage picking something from outside your course as it just gives some more variety imo. In second year you still have electives, however you're strongly encouraged *ahem* to do two company law electives.

You can go abroad in third year for either the whole year or just second semester so that gives you huge opportunities really.

I can give you more detail if you'd like but I can't tell you a whole lot about prospects yet as I still have a couple of years to complete.

Advertisement