Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booking Module registration Start ? Need Email?

Options
  • 24-08-2015 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

So i have a sis account but I don't have a UCD email?

Can I still book a start time for the module registration with my sis account? Like I have my old g mail account associated with the sis account !

Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭nerd95

Paddyg96 wrote: »
    So i have a sis account but I don't have a UCD email?

Can I still book a start time for the module registration with my sis account? Like I have my old g mail account associated with the sis account !

Thanks !

As long as you can access your sisweb account you will be fine. Booking a start time and module registration are all carried out through your sisweb account and do not require your ucd connect email account in any way. Just make sure to write down your start time somewhere so you won't forget it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

nerd95 wrote: »
    Just make sure to write down your start time somewhere so you won't forget it!!
    Do we have a limited time to register the modules? Can they be changed at a later date? The website does mention that advice can be sought during orientation week, but that wouldn't be of much use if they can't be amended after Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭nerd95

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    Do we have a limited time to register the modules? Can they be changed at a later date? The website does mention that advice can be sought during orientation week, but that wouldn't be of much use if they can't be amended after Thursday.

It isn't exactly limited (I mean, it will obviously have to be done by the time lectures begin but you don't have to register at the exact time given) - it is just that the quicker you register the more options you will have with electives as some of the more popular ones fill up quickly.
    I only mentioned in my previous post to write the start time down because the confirmation email is sent to the ucd connect account and since Paddyg96 doesn't have the email activated yet I recommended to write it down just in case.

Secondly, yes- you will have the option to change some modules at a later date if needs be (there is a deadline for changes though which I think is around the 2nd or 3rd week of lectures ). Last year I took a french elective and during my second week of lectures I discovered that it was clashing with one of my biology labs so I had to change electives. I chose astronomy instead but at that stage I had very few options left for electives as a lot of the interesting ones outside of my degree area (i.e outside of science) were full so I went for an "in-programme" elective (i.e a science elective).

If, as mentioned on the website, you need to seek advice about any modules during orientation that is perfectly fine- You will have the option to select different modules if you decide. You more than likely will not experience any issues with changing modules within your degree (provided you do so before the deadline for changes), it is just the changing of electives that are outside of your degree area that you need to be mindful of as they may be full (or may not be full- it would depend on the demand and popularity of the elective). Hope this answers your questions without sounding too confusing!! If you have any more questions I'd be more than happy to answer them :)

Advertisement