Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building Gaming PC Help

Options
  • 24-08-2015 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi guys,

I'm looking to build my first gaming PC and would like some help.

I've put together a list of what I think I need but would like confirmation on the parts.

amazon.co.uk/registry/wishlist/BULRN1HFVLAV <-- link to parts list

Questions I have are...

Do I need everything listed?
    Can I save money buy getting a cheaper part? or if I buy from somewhere else?
    Will everything be compatible?
    Is there something I am missing that is needed for a gaming pc?

Was looking to run games at 1080p with 60 fps. Mainly building for Fallout 4 if that gives an idea of what parts I need to do that.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

You won't need a power lead as that will come with the power supply.
    You won't need sata cable as that will come with motherboard.
    You will only need the cpu cooler if you plan to overclock otherwise the stock one will be fine.
    500w psu should be more than enough.
    As far as I know sound cards are not needed much anymore unless you have a specific use for it like editing or are very fussy about sound quality but most people don't bother.
    The motherboard is the wrong socket type for the cpu. You need a LGA1150 motherboard.

Other than that if you wanted to shave money off drop cpu to an i5 4460 and get a smaller ssd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

What ant said. Wrong mobo that is for an amd cpu. And agree the cpu needs changing.

CPU A lower priced i5 on Amazon. De 170 euro

PSU A be quiet 7 500w psu Amazon. De
    53 euro.

Motherboard Asus h81m plus Amazon. De 56.80 euro.

Hdd same one you picked is 50.60 amazon. De

Case cant tell if you wanted this case for. Particular reason but antec one 50 euro amazon. De better case overall / or if you want a micro atx case thermaltake core v21 65 more expensive but great to work with room for huge cards, water Cooling yadda yadda.

Right now your gpu needs a change, big time.

Above swaps is nearly 90 euro saved towards a better gpu.

Drop the soundcard thats another 35 euro saved towards gpu .it's not needed at all on this budget.

Drop the cpu cooler stock will do. 23 euro saved.

Drop ssd to crucial bx 100. Amazon. De
    62 saves almost 25 euro.

So over 200 euro to play with for gpu. So could get a msi gtx 960 for 220 Amazon. de

Or adverts. Ie for around 180 - 200 r 9 280x/gtx 770.

Anyways above changes will run fallout 4 at much higher frames and settings than original build. If you have any questions ask away. Good luck with the build Gary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

The 740 won't really do it for gaming. Minimum 750TI. Ideally a 960 GTX for Fallout 4 I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 EvanBaker

Thanks very much guys will look at everything after work. Really appreciate you used your time to help me out. Cheers.

Advertisement