Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What was the movie shown at Odeon's Screen Unseen last night?

• 25-08-2015 6:10am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭

Interested in knowing what it was this time.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It was Me and Earl and The Dying Girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Loughc wrote: »
    It was Me and Earl and The Dying Girl.

Wish I'd known that, I woulda gone for a fiver :p Odeon is only 10 minutes from me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Wish I'd known that, I woulda gone for a fiver :p Odeon is only 10 minutes from me.

The Screen Unseen list has been very impressive so far, it's always worth a gamble at €5.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Telecaster58

Loughc wrote: »
    The Screen Unseen list has been very impressive so far, it's always worth a gamble at €5.
    I disagree. The first three, Whiplash, Nightcrawler, and It Follows certainly were. The last three, Selma, Inside Out, and Me, Earl, and the Dying Girl were not. That is not to say that those three films were without merit, but the impression I got was that these Screen Unseen films were slightly out left field and a bit edgy.

I disagree. The first three, Whiplash, Nightcrawler, and It Follows certainly were. The last three, Selma, Inside Out, and Me, Earl, and the Dying Girl were not. That is not to say that those three films were without merit, but the impression I got was that these Screen Unseen films were slightly out left field and a bit edgy.

Have you seen Me, Earl, and the Dying Girl? It is certainly out left field and a bit edgy. Selma was a bit quirky and Inside Out was the huge animated hit of the year that was shown weeks before it's release date for only a fiver, you can't really complain, personally I think it's worth a gamble each time they have one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Have been to the majority of them and have enjoyed them. I think Nightcrawler was intentionally misused as the first movie to get people talking and give the impression that every movie would be a big movie, but the actual intention is to show a solid movie that probably won't get the audiences it should. And every now and again a big movie will be thrown in.

Dunno how it's going down in general, last night seemed to have a few empty seats but could have been a bigger screen. And at times there have been groans when the film was revealed, although last night had some cheers. But it works for me, as I would most likely see the big movies anyway and things like Whiplash, Selma, and Me and Earl and The Dying Girl are stuff that would have passed me by, and I am glad to have seen them even if I didn't fully enjoy all of them.

Advertisement