Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Health and safety systems

• 25-08-2015 8:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi , I'm starting this course in Sept, i know its a relatively new course but would anyone have any idea will i need many books?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭ejayy

Hi, my boyfriend has just finished and passed first year of this course! He didn't need/buy any books for this course and still got on well! Just attend your lectures and you will be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Fionarose

Thank you for your reply, is he enjoying the course, did he find the maths and physics hard? Not my strongest subjects! Its all very daunting!
    Kind regards,
    Fiona.

Ya he likes the course, maths is very doable as theres 40 per cent continous assesment which you can easily get the whole 40 per cent just go to tutorials and they show you how to do them, for physics its only one semester long so thats pretty ok too!

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply, orientaion week starting mon excited but nervous!

Best of luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

This will freak you out but attached are some of the core texts for that course and the enterprise systems masters. You don't *need* any of them really but if books were a hobby... (there's no first year books here as first year is just for scraping by and settling in)

Just a little freaked out now!!Have you done or are you doing the course, what do you think of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    This will freak you out but attached are some of the core texts for that course and the enterprise systems masters. You don't *need* any of them really but if books were a hobby... (there's no first year books here as first year is just for scraping by and settling in)

Would agree about the book thing that you dont need any but would have to disagree that first year is just for scraping by.
    You have to put the work in if you want to get into 2nd year nobody wants to fail if they can help it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Fionarose wrote: »
    Just a little freaked out now!!Have you done or are you doing the course, what do you think of it?

Yeah I did the course.. badly. Wish we didn't have to do university courses in general but we do so here's what I thought.

Physics in first year might be difficult if you haven't done it before but fine otherwise.
    I found second year very difficult... a lot of physical sciences, statistics, probability, engineering + tough marking on physiology. Law quite difficult in second and quite boring really!
    Third and fourth year not so bad. Very applied course, a Summer job in a heavy industry might make the whole thing seem more relevant / interesting.

Advertisement