Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost €15 to telephone Eircom to cancel

Options
  • 25-08-2015 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi
    I signed up to Eircom for Broadband.  from the start the whole experience was a nightmare.
    After several weeks trying to place an order ( Eircom kept telling me I already had a phone, Comreg had to resolve the issue), only a phone line was installed.  I had to contact Eircom again, and according to Eircom I did not order Broadband.  I had to place another order for Broadband.  After another 2 weeks, the broadband was activated, but the max speed was 0.4Mbps.

I tried time and time again to contact Eircom on 1901, as per the letters from Eircom, but there was no option for customer care.  I would have to contact Sales or technical support and get transfered to Customer care.

I recently received my mobile phone bill, and the cost of the call to cancel my Eircom account was €15 for the so called Lo Call number.

This is a disgrace, either way Eircom made certain they extracted money from the customer.  They could not provide a service, so they extract the monies in other ways.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi madyoke2009

I am unaware of letters that sate you cannot contact customer care on (free phone 1901) - Our accounts team can take complaints and serve and customer care as equally there are other free methods of contacting care - for example via an online complaint form found here:
    [font=Calibri","sans-serif]https://www.eircom.net/logacomplaint.jsp or a variety of free contact methods found here www.eircom.net/contact[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]I can assure you that there is no active campaign to extract money from your or make any of experience with eircom purposely difficult.[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]If you have any queries or issue you would like assistance with please do feel free to PM me the details including your old eircom account number and I'll look in to this for you.[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Calibri","sans-serif]
    Al
    [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭madyoke2009

Hi madyoke2009

I am unaware of letters that sate you cannot contact customer care on (free phone 1901) - Our accounts team can take complaints and serve and customer care as equally there are other free methods of contacting care - for example via an online complaint form found here:
    https://www.eircom.net/logacomplaint.jsp or a variety of free contact methods found here www.eircom.net/contact

I can assure you that there is no active campaign to extract money from your or make any of experience with eircom purposely difficult.

If you have any queries or issue you would like assistance with please do feel free to PM me the details including your old eircom account number and I'll look in to this for you.

Thanks

Al
    I am unaware of letters that sate you cannot contact customer care on (free phone 1901 - the letter says to CONTACT eircom on this number, but the number does not allow access to customer care, just automated services.  When I eventually got though to sales, they said that my Eircom number is not recognised by the service, so I can not use it.

I wanted to cancel my Eircom account.  I sent in several email requests, but got no response from Eircom
    I contacted chat, and they said I have to telephone to cancel the account, as it can not be cancelled over the chat, as the agent could not see all my details on their system.

I received a phone call from Eircom, after Comreg contacted Eircom.  When I telephoned and spoke to customer care, there was no notes on the account that Comreg were in contact, nor where there any notes in relation to conversation from the agent, who made contact with regards to the Comreg complaint.

Hi madyoke2009

https://www.eircom.net/logacomplaint.jsp or a variety of free contact methods found here www.eircom.net/contact

I can assure you that there is no active campaign to extract money from your or make any of experience with eircom purposely difficult.

If you have any queries or issue you would like assistance with please do feel free to PM me the details including your old eircom account number and I'll look in to this for you.

Thanks

Al
    I am unaware of letters that sate you cannot contact customer care on (free phone 1901 - the letter says to CONTACT eircom on this number, but the number does not allow access to customer care, just automated services.  When I eventually got though to sales, they said that my Eircom number is not recognised by the service, so I can not use it.

I wanted to cancel my Eircom account.  I sent in several email requests, but got no response from Eircom
    I contacted chat, and they said I have to telephone to cancel the account, as it can not be cancelled over the chat, as the agent could not see all my details on their system.

I received a phone call from Eircom, after Comreg contacted Eircom.  When I telephoned and spoke to customer care, there was no notes on the account that Comreg were in contact, nor where there any notes in relation to conversation from the agent, who made contact with regards to the Comreg complaint.
    Hi madyoke2009

I'm very sorry to hear of this the 1901 free phone contact is indeed for existing customers.

The sales line is also a free phone contact on 1800503303. As I mentioned above there is also alternative free contact methods available online and also here.

For an Update on a case logged with comreg case you would need to contact comreg as there is security measures in place due to the seriousness of comreg complaints.

Ultimately I understand the you are posting about the cost of calling 1890260260. This is indeed charged at a Local rate and charges are accepted by usage.

I do apologise for the inconvenience created madyoke2009

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭65535

http://www.saynoto1890.com/a-z/e/

◾Eircom Broadband
    ◾Customer Service 1890260260 Call Instead - 01678 8888 (you may have to ask to be put through to Broadband support)

◾Eircom Phonewatch
    ◾Customer Service 1850753753 Call Instead – 012076100
    ◾Sales 1850500900 Call Instead – 012076100

Thanks for sharing this 65535

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement