Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Panasonic aquarea a2w heat pumps

• 25-08-2015 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of these and how they perform?

One of the bigger plumbing suppliers are selling them quite competitively.

Looking to gauge how they stack up to the thermia a2w pumps being sold by one of the bigger suppliers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Condenser

bargaret wrote: »

One of the bigger plumbing suppliers are selling them quite competitively.

Looking to gauge how they stack up to the thermia a2w pumps being sold by one of the bigger suppliers.

Comparing how one heat performs against another is a completely pointless exercise as its final performance will all depend on your installer and if you're buying it off a plumbing store and getting the local plumber to stick it in I can pretty much guarantee that performance won't be good.

People need to stop treating heat pumps like they were as simple to install as a domestic fridge. They are far from and comparing even the same two heat pumps against one another is likely not going to give you the same result unless the same installer put both in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bargaret

Thanks, still be interested if anyone has any specific feedback on the Panasonic system assuming it's been installed correctly and matched to the heating loads of the house and ufh system (how hard can it be!)

Appreciate it's impossible to compare like for like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

bargaret wrote: »

Look at the seai harp database for relative comparison of units in terms of efficiency.

Panasonic are one of the big Japanese brand names so they have that behind them, but they wouldn't be regarded as one of the best but far from the worst. What warranty is offered?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dingdang

Hello. I have been quoted a price for the Panasonic Aquerea 12kw unit also and it comes with a 5 year guarantee. What kind of lifespan could I expect for such a unit? I have been assured 20 years + from the supplier. How do they compare to the Thermia unit in terms of longevity?

Thanks,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

dingdang wrote: »
    ? I have been assured 20 years + from the supplier. How do they compare to the Thermia unit in terms of longevity?,

I've seen plenty of Panasonic compressors with over 50,000 hours run time. If you figure 10 hours a day for 250 days a year, that would be 20 years. In practice I'd assume 15 years on the average, almost irrespective of brand. Minor parts such as boards, thermistors etc fail more frequently.

• Advertisement
Advertisement