Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Cert locking

Options
  • 25-08-2015 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Every time i authorise something with the digital cert it locks. I then have to log into the admin and unlock it. This is a massive inconvenience. Is there a solution to this? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Aronaay wrote: »
    Every time i authorise something with the digital cert it locks. I then have to log into the admin and unlock it. This is a massive inconvenience. Is there a solution to this? 
    Hi Aronaay,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie and sorry to hear that you are having difficulties authorising payments with your digital cert.

If your digital cert password is entered incorrectly on three consecutive occasions this will result in the password being locked. The Digital Cert password is case sensitive, can be 8-15 characters long and must contain at least one letter and one number.

This is a security feature of Business On Line and is used to ensure that all payment authorisations come from a User who has genuine access to the system.

As you mentioned if the digital cert becomes blocked it is possible for the administrator to login and unlock this so that you can proceed to authorise a payment.

If you cannot recall your digital cert password you will need to request a new digital cert to authorise payments. You may need to request a new digital cert if you are having difficulties using the existing cert as this will resolve the matter.

If you need any further assistance, please call our Business On Line helpdesk on 1890 818 265.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks
    Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Aronaay

It's locking after I have authorised payments. It's not a password issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Aronaay wrote: »
    It's locking after I have authorised payments. It's not a password issue
    Thanks Aronaay,

In this case there may be a problem with the digital cert file that is stored on your device and the easiest way to resolve this would be to request a new digital cert and overwrite/delete your existing cert.

You can see the steps for ordering a new digital cert on our training portal here.

Thanks
    Nicola

Advertisement