Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raheny 2-mile and 1-mile races Tuesday 25 Aug

Options
  • 25-08-2015 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭

Gala Night - 25th August.

Raheny Shamrock will host a 2-mile and a 1-mile race on the 25th August (TONIGHT). Races will start at 8pm with entry costing 7euro. Register in the clubhouse from 7.15. Prizes and refreshments after.

see www.rahenyshamrock.ie for directions etc.

ALL WELCOME! You don't have to be a member or Raheny or of any club.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

It was great! You all should have come!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Sure was, think I will give the winter league a go.

I know I always give really short notice of these Raheny races, but there's a really fun one tonight -- The Jim Wall Memorial Handicap Race!

It's a 2-miler and an open handicap. Basically, you come down to the clubhouse beforehand, give your 2-mile time, and you get a head start, depending on your speed. So slowest runners head off first and fastest last. The winner is the first over the line, so everyone has a chance.

Race starts at 8, handicapping and sign up in the clubhouse from 7.15. €7, prizes and refreshments after in the clubhouse.

See www.rahenyshamrock.ie for directions etc

I really enjoyed that tonight, my first handicap race.

Yes, I loved it too. My second mile was quicker, because I think all the long-handicap fast runners passing me from behind pulled me along.

What was your handicap, Dub13?

• Advertisement

HelenAnne wrote: »
    Yes, I loved it too. My second mile was quicker, because I think all the long-handicap fast runners passing me from behind pulled me along.

What was your handicap, Dub13?

I was 6:30, did it in 13:21 or 19:51. Would like to run more of these made the finish very interesting.

Mine was 7.30 and I finished in 20.09 ... so 12.39?? All the 9 and 10 minute-handicap people swept past me about a mile and a half in :)

Only a few past me, all the super fast lads and only in the last 500 meters or so which was soul distorting at the time. I can't believe the league is just over, the summer has flown in. Are you doing the DRS half next weekend..? Also I believe we are getting a new ParkRun in the area in a few week's.

Advertisement