Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 4 Captain

• 25-08-2015 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭

Agueeeeerrrrooooooo!

Who is your captain for Gameweek 4? 218 votes

Rooney (SWA)
    0% 0 votes
    Depay (SWA)
    1% 3 votes
    Aguero (WAT)
    0% 1 vote
    Silva (WAT)
    79% 174 votes
    Yaya (WAT)
    4% 10 votes
    Sanchez (NEW)
    4% 9 votes
    Giroud (NEW)
    0% 1 vote
    Hazard (PAL)
    0% 0 votes
    Costa (PAL)
    2% 5 votes
    Mahrez (BOU)
    1% 3 votes
    Kane (EVE)
    1% 4 votes
    Benteke (WHU)
    0% 0 votes
    Payet (LIV)
    2% 6 votes
    Pele (NOR)
    0% 0 votes
    Other
    0% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Agueeeeerrrrooooooo!

Be surprised if it's less than 95% Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Anyone thinking of 3x captain this week for Aguerrro

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Only one choice this week

Wilson against Leicester

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Anyone thinking of 3x captain this week for Aguerrro

I'll be keeping that bad boy for a double game week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Yesssssssss

jYajVyo.jpg

................hopefully

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

ScummyMan wrote:
    Agueeeeerrrrooooooo!

Kolaroooooov!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Aguero
    But if I had kolorov if captain him
    Watford don't score or concede many !

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭First Explorer

Yet to get a captain right this season partly from trying to be too clever so going with the obvious this week......Aguero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Oh, how you are all gonna look so silly when Watford come away from the Etihad with a glorious 1-0 win....

I will also be captaining Aguero. Not a week to take a chance :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Watford could do a Burnley and they do have 2 clean sheets in a row (albeit at home) so it wouldn't be the most outrageous statement to suggest there could be a lot of disappointment ahead

However Aguero is playing Watford at home with City seemingly at their free-flowing attacking best.

Never has a decision been easier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Is anyone on here actually going without Aguero for this game, never mind not captaining him? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Somebody picked Rooney!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Paully D wrote: »
    Is anyone on here actually going without Aguero for this game, never mind not captaining him? :eek:

IC8m4JO.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Thread doesn't even need a poll this week

Paully D wrote: »

I'm strongly thinking of it ,

I dont want to have - points or use my wildcard and cant afford him

It's likely I wont have him in my team

Its a massive risk but if Aguero doesnt score and my captain does I will take the lead in my league

Just need to pick a captain that will score ? Strongly thinking Hazard !!

Its a massive risk but if Aguero doesnt score and my captain does I will take the lead in my league

You might get away with it but you should have been planning to get him in this GW at the latest from your initial squad selection

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'll be on aguero but there are a lot of good captaincy options this week. Hazard Pedro benteke sanchez are all playing in fixtures I'd be happy to captain them in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭L.S.F

Wildcarded to bring Aguero in. Out of 3 game weeks so far my captains have earned me 5 bonus points!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Has there ever been such a one sided captain poll?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Last one I can remember was Aguero vs WHam away last year... he was flying and very few alternatives iirc... He flopped :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I'd prefer to take -8 and get aguero than go without, bring top of the league now isn't going to win you much is it?

If you have no plan and go without and he gets a Hattrick This weekend and your captain fails, not only could you be 30+ points behind most, but also you will additional problems of getting him into your team and then having to make up the points lost plus cost of getting him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

There are weeks to take a gamble on a captain. However, the week when the best striker in the league, playing for a team who are firing on all cylinders, is at home to a newly promoted side, is not the week to be f***ing about.

Aguero captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Banking your hopes on Aguero not scoring against Watford at home is just lunacy. I mean anything is possible in future, but the odds have got to be in favour of a double digit figure for Aguero this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

You didn't make that 'if' big enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Not captaining Aguero this week is like bringing in Begovic for -4 hoping Courtois gets a second RC from drawing a penalty before the half hour mark, Begovic subbing in for him, saving the peno, the rebound and all CP attempts and getting a late winner for Chelsea a la Howard. Of course you'd have him captain as a season start gamble :cool:.

Aside this fantasy parabola I remember tha last year very few "captains obvious" did actually work...

iroced wrote: »
    Aside this fantasy parabola I remember tha last year very few "captains obvious" did actually work...

It did against QPR and the people that tried to be clever were severely punished. There's no need to put a possible 30 point (or more!) gap between you and your rivals just to gamble early on in the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

What about pelle this week

Or sterling

What about pelle this week

Or sterling

Or heres one. Sergio Aguero....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Suarez still holds the record from a couple of seasons ago but I think Aguero will break it this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

To be fair...this sort of week roots out the players who aren't serious threats in your league.

There is no 'how about Player X or Y?'. Kun may blank, of course he might, but your strategy, if it doesn't fail this week, will do eventually.

There is no question. There is no other option. It is Aguero.

The only other player I'd even 1% entertain is Silva, but even that's an unnecessary risk.

You'll have other weeks to take risks. There'll be plenty in fact. This is as far away from one of them that you can get.

SlickRic wrote: »
    To be fair...this sort of week roots out the players who aren't serious threats in your league.

There is no 'how about Player X or Y?'. Kun may blank, of course he might, but your strategy, if it doesn't fail this week, will do eventually.

There is no question. There is no other option. It is Aguero.

The only other player I'd even 1% entertain is Silva, but even that's an unnecessary risk.

You'll have other weeks to take risks. There'll be plenty in fact. This is as far away from one of them that you can get.

You can close this tread now lads. Nothing more needs to be said..... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I think who is your VC may get a more varied response.

I assume 12/112 who voted someone else, dont have Aguero.

I was one of the few who was going to go without aguero in my team

I have eventually coped on and got him in now
    AGUERO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    I assume 12/112 who voted someone else, dont have Aguero.

Draft league so I don't, I picked Silva

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Kolarov(c) is so tempting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Hococop wrote: »
    Draft league so I don't, I picked Silva

Honestly, no offence but this really doesn't apply to draft leagues. You could save yourself the trouble of having to explain yourself repeatedly throughout the season like you did last year by not voting in these polls. It's only inviting comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

spock. wrote: »
    Kolarov(c) is so tempting

I'm tempted by this. It would be my first time ever captaining a defender. I don't think it will be the goalfest people are expecting.

Honestly, no offence but this really doesn't apply to draft leagues. You could save yourself the trouble of having to explain yourself repeatedly throughout the season like you did last year by not voting in these polls. It's only inviting comment.

Well I did invite it by saying those who didn't captain him, didn't have him. So his post is kinda still valid, regardless of the league or team. Does that mean we have to create a separate thread or even forum for these types of responses.

• Advertisement

UJTfosw.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Well I did invite it by saying those who didn't captain him, didn't have him. So his post is kinda still valid, regardless of the league or team. Does that mean we have to create a separate thread or even forum for these types of responses.

I know, sorry, I really don't mean to be making an issue. I just recall that last year Hococop spent more time explaining his bizarre captain choices than anything else. I would have thought that the point of threads like these was to give people pointers about who other players with the same means were captaining. It's a different game that he's playing and has no relevance to the rest of us.

It's just my mini rant of the week:o

UJTfosw.png

Whaaaaaaaat

I know, sorry, I really don't mean to be making an issue. I just recall that last year Hococop spent more time explaining his bizarre captain choices than anything else. I would have thought that the point of threads like these was to give people pointers about who other players with the same means were captaining. It's a different game that he's playing and has no relevance to the rest of us.

It's just my mini rant of the week:o

Yeah I remember that I'd pick Lukaku and 2/or would ask why I'm taking a stupid gamble and thus having to explain, fair enough I'll still vote and probably won't comment

CSF wrote: »
    Whaaaaaaaat

Risky but Watford have not made much of a scoring impact this season

Risky but Watford have not made much of a scoring impact this season

Ok, but, Aguero one goal = Kolarov clean sheet in terms of points with Aguero probably having the edge in terms of bonus points in those scenarios. Aguero goal is a much shorter price than a City clean sheet.

Aguero 2 goals is 13 points, Kolarov clean sheet and goal is 15 points. The price on Kolarov clean sheet and goal would be about 3 times the price of Aguero 2 goals.

Kolarov captain only really works if you expect Aguero not to do well IMO.

Actually scratch that, it's even more so than I thought. Aguero hat trick is the same price as Kolarov goal. I wouldn't view it that way myself but food for thought.

CSF wrote: »
    Actually scratch that, it's even more so than I thought. Aguero hat trick is the same price as Kolarov goal. I wouldn't view it that way myself but food for thought.

Only gamble is city leading 3or 4 nil and conceded a sloppy goal that's 4 points lost

Only gamble is city leading 3or 4 nil and conceded a sloppy goal that's 4 points lost

The real gamble is Aguero's much higher points potential this week IMO. Likelihood is even if Kolarov gets the clean sheet Aguero outscores him.

Haha was just a joke. Aguero normal captain

• Advertisement
Advertisement