Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting in Chapelizod

Options
  • 25-08-2015 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi Folks,

My girlfriend and I were viewing apartments to rent in The Island in Chapelizod.
    Just wondering does anybody have any feedback on renting here?

Also what is the situation with parking?
    Most of the apartments seem to come with 1 parking space, but we also need a second one.
    When we were viewing, there seemed to be plenty of empty space in the underground car park.
    I rang the property management company and they told me that all the parking spaces are privately owned and assigned to the apartments.

Are there many people who don't have cars that may be looking to earn a few extra euro by sub letting their parking space?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

I used to work with someone who rented there. He liked it but I don't have any other details sorry.

In developments like this you could try advertising to the neighbours to find a free spot to rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Know someone who used to live there. Said he got a parking spot off another person in the building
    I think they had it advertised on a notice board somewhere

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Family member just pulled out of a purchase there- because of parking issues. The allocated space was on a right of way- and there were compliance issues highlighted by the surveyor. I didn't have any particular issues with the development when I went to view it- but its not somewhere I'd want to purchase either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

I know the islands apartments well.

Chapelizod Its a nice spot - quiet and on a bus route into town. Spar / Pharmacy and couple of pubs in spitting distance. Next door to the phoenix park and handy for the M50.

Parking in the islands - people do get clamped if they park in spots that are not their own / or if they dont pay and display on the ground level. I have seen various notes up asking for spots / offering spots (think going rate is roughly 50 euro per month).

You can park up towards knockmaree apartments on the road or just by the mullingar house but they are not really long term solutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,958 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

It is a really well maintained development alright and looks great. However, there are issues with parking that I have heard from friends who are there. They got an extra space, as someone else said, from a neighbour through the notice board.

I often walk down that way, great spot, still has a village feel despite all the development going on, and some of the older houses on the Main Street are at last being refurbished.

Things are looking up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Saigon

Thanks for the help guys.

Unfortunately while we were mulling over the apartment and the possibility of getting a second parking place, someone else took the apartment. Oh well.

What are the Knockmaree apartments like?
    Looks like the management company aren't the best at maintaining the communal areas, but I think the inside of the apartments are suppose to be reasonably nice.

Advertisement