Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light Turnout Rugs

Options
  • 25-08-2015 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Just looking for opinions on good light turnout rugs.

Brand

Fit

Price

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭fits

Was just looking for same. Premier Equine is an excellent brand but woah have they gone up in price!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Has Horseware anything? I'm hoping to get over to TRI at the weekend so can report back if I see anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

PE quality has gone down in recent years. I really rate the Amigo rugs and TRI usually have them on offer if you hang on long enough. Other than that the Turfmasters ones are pretty good too.

I just bought two lightweight rugs from swish equestrian. They have a good sale on. Hope quality will be ok now. Will report back. Paid 100 sterling including 14 postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

My personal choice would be the horseware amigo lightweight turn out.

Derby house do fantastic rugs and I have two turnouts one a sheet, one lightweight which have lasted but sadly I found their customer service very much lacking so never ordered anything else from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Bellablu2011

I don't find the Amigo great at all. End up having to buy a new one every year. If you can afford it go with a rambo. It will last years

There is no way on earth Id be paying 300+ euro on a rug for a horse. No Way! Always found premier equine very good and they are half the price. But for lightweights, which I dont use very much anyway, I'm going to cheap out on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

I didnt know Rambo did lightweight turnouts. I couldnt justify an expensive lightweight. PE used to be good but have heard from lots of people they are letting water in (brand new rugs) and I've always found them really heavy when wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

Turfmasters are fine, don't hold their waterproofing that long though. Disappointingly, same with Bucas; I bought one about a year and a half ago (and they get minimal use with me) and it is no longer waterproof; discovered that when I found a sopping horse underneath it one rainy day :/

Advertisement