Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Verified alarm from a single sensor

Options
  • 25-08-2015 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭

I've had a look at the Garda requirements around verified alarms for monitored alarms and from my reading of it a secondary activation is required from a different sensor.
    Say an inertia first and then a pir.
    But I've had an installer tell me that someone hitting a window and activating the same inertia twice would be enough to verify the alarm.
    Is that correct?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

No it wouldn't.
    Sure a faulty device could be activating every few minutes. The whole idea of a verified alarm was to prevent calls due to false alarms by something faulty.
    You can, however, have an inertia sensor on one zone and the contact on another. If both of them activate that would be a confirmed alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

KoolKid wrote: »
    No it wouldn't.
    Sure a faulty device could be activating every few minutes. The whole idea of a verified alarm was to prevent calls due to false alarms by something faulty.
    You can, however, have an inertia sensor on one zone and the contact on another. If both of them activate that would be a confirmed alarm.

Yes I can see how inertia and then contact would make sense to verify.
    But they were saying shock only which seemed pretty fishy to me and going by the model number in their quote they are supplying shock only sensors.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Sounds to me they are trying to sell you what they want, not what you need.
    There's a lot of that in this business, unfortunately.

Advertisement