Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Night Of Champions Thread *Spoilers*

• 25-08-2015 12:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,265 ✭✭✭✭

wwe-night-of-champions-seth-rollins-sting.jpg

September 20th from Houston, Texas

WWE Championship: Rollins v Sting

Possibly:

US Championship: Rollins v Cena

Tag Championship: New Day v PTP v Dudleys

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,364 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was actually just wondering if Rollins would have to pull double duty. Or wasn't it Angle had 2 titles and lost them both without being pinned in a single match? Could be a similar match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was actually just wondering if Rollins would have to pull double duty. Or wasn't it Angle had 2 titles and lost them both without being pinned in a single match? Could be a similar match

Yeah, 2 out of 3 falls three-way at Wrestlemania 16.

I never really like these September shows as they tend to be a bait and switch and involve screwy finishes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,070 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

the wwe title match will end in a screwy finish i think. a few things id like to see happen

Triple H comes out to help rollins but turns on him setting up Rollins vs Triple H at Survivor Series for the title (rollins wins by DQ).

The Wyatts come out and attack Sting setting up Bray Wyatt vs Sting at Survivor Series (Ambrose and Reigns could carry on the rivalry with the new wyatt member and luke harper) .

Sting Wins the title Losing it to Cena or even Sheamus at Survivor Series (Undertaker comes out causing sting to lose the title)

Sheamus cashes in his money in the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Philiminator

Sting will lose but how is the question. Could be because Bray Wyatt appears outa knowwhere setting up a potential 4 vs 3 match at survivor series with Eric Rowan reuniting with the family and Sting teaming with Roman Reigns

or

When Rollins gets into trouble Triple H comes out to assist but his intervention appears to be futile until...............Shawn Michaels comes and helps his friend (because the event is in his home state).

or

The Undertaker (also from Texas) shafts him like he did Brock a few months ago.

They also need to sort out this Divas Revolution thing. For something that had potential, it has been botched badly. Like its blatantly obvious that Nikki Bella is going to beat AJ Lee's record for holding the title because they don't want AJ having such a record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I'd like to see Sting win the championship. I can't believe I am saying that, because I wasn't that excited about him so far in his WWE appearances. But I was pretty pumped when he turned up on Monday. Don't get me wrong, I've always enjoyed Sting, I just think the match with Triple H really took a lot of the good out of this run for me. But yeah, I think he'll be able to have potentially a very good match at least with Seth Rollins and win hopefully. I was only talking about this with someone earlier. Perhaps if Sting wins, then Sheamus cashes in on him it will get him colossal heel heat. Then, they'd have the perfect guy for Roman Reigns to defeat if they still wanted to go in that direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Had HHH not beaten Sting at WM, this match would have way more interesting possible angles to it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,977 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Would it be to much to be hoping it will be Finn.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/640177652473708546?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Probably be Rowan..and the crowd will go mild.

In a dream world it would be DB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'd love it to be Samoa Joe actually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

WWE leaked a picture with the mystery spot filled in with
    Baron Corbin
    earlier. That was quickly taken down though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,878 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How is Sting getting a title match?

He turned up on Raw instead of Seth Rollins' statue and attacked him. Triple H made the match.

He turned up on Raw instead of Seth Rollins' statue and attacked him. Triple H made the match.

I thought I missed him qualifying as the new No. 1 contender :p did Lesnar ever get his rematch

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought I missed him qualifying as the new No. 1 contender :p did Lesnar ever get his rematch

He did. Taker interfered in the match.

He didn't get a rematch that had a definitive result. Hopefully he challenges again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Feels like a WWE Special designed to set up the next one.

Not sure any match feels important.

Sting should have faced Rollins at Mania so its 6 months late. It would have fitted in nicely with his Authority feud, Sting could have won and made an interesting rematch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

martyos121 wrote: »

WWE leaked a picture with the mystery spot filled in with
    Baron Corbin
    earlier. That was quickly taken down though.
    Fecking hell, I'd rather see Rowan back.

The final card so far looking like:-

WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match
    (C) Seth Rollins vs. Sting

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match
    (C) Ryback vs. Kevin Owens

WWE United States Championship Match
    (C) Seth Rollins vs. John Cena

WWE Divas Championship Match
    (C) Nikki Bella vs. Charlotte

WWE Tag Team Championship Match
    (C) The New Day vs. The Dudley Boyz

Dolph Ziggler vs. Rusev

Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper and Braun Strowman vs. Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose and a mystery partner

Pre-Show Match
    Stardust and The Ascension vs. The Lucha Dragons and Neville

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

No Cesaro match :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

With regards the mystery partner, here's a left-field option I've been thinking about: Rikishi.

They attacked his son, and if I'm not mistaken he's a cousin of Reigns.

You can bring him in for a pop and have him do the job without hurting Reigns or Ambrose.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Booker T

As its in Houston

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Maybe Cesaro could be thrown in. He's got nothing else to do, and I'd be rather annoyed if he's left off the card altogether.

I really really really want The Rock or Bryan to be the mystery partner

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I really really really want The Rock or Bryan to be the mystery partner

Bryan has a chance but the rock? No chance. Jericho might be in with a shout tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I'd be shocked if it isn't Jericho, he's got plenty of history with Wyatt, and as a part-timer taking the loss won't hurt him at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

reigns and ambrose partner

fps1z.jpg

edit: pic not showing up in spoilers for some reason its
    batista

Pwinsider.com reports that
    Chris Jericho
    flew into Houston, Texas today and is backstage at the WWE Night of Champions PPV.
    Jericho
    has been rumoured to be the mystery partner for Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose in their match against The Wyatts at tonight’s event, but that has yet to be confirmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Very predictable looking PPV. Rollins vs Cena should be decent but nothing that we haven't seen before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Maybe should Spoiler that. Would make sense if happened.

• Advertisement

Sorry will do, thread title has spoilers in title so didn't think it needed tags too but will change

I can see the non spoilered post in the quote in your post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Loughc wrote: »
    I can see the non spoilered post in the quote in your post.

Sorry about that. Didn't realise myself.

Sorry about that. Didn't realise myself.

No problem at all, these things happen :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Sheamus saying in backstage interview its back to back matches looks like it'll be a cash in tonight or at least a tease :(

God I hate sheamus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Hahah Xavier Woods looks like Roofio from Hook with the new 'do.
    Legend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Lillian Garcia just doesn't age at all. She looks better now than she did 10 years ago!

I love Owens smack talking in the ring.

Delighted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Hope he can push on now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,870 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Love KO he's such a good heel. Great stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Is that the first mention of the Hell in a Cell match. Brock v Taker?! What a weak way to announce it if so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I'm not sure that ring gear is PG! :D

I think that line from Cole might be one of the best things he's said in years.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Angron wrote: »
    I think that line from Cole might be one of the best things he's said in years.

which?

That was just daft.

BMMachine wrote: »
    which?
    He was making fun of JBL, "Dear Diary, Rey Mysterio once beat me in this city in 25 seconds."

Awful (Great!) "heel" line from Cole it has to be said

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

And Feeeeeeeel the Powaaaaaa.

I f*cking love that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Did Nikki get another boob job ? They are looking much more spectacular looking. Woah is all,I could think.

The New Day are the best thing in WWE bar none

• Advertisement
Advertisement