Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roller Blinds in Charlesland

Options
  • 25-08-2015 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi, Would anyone have a recommendation of where to get window blinds please? Its just for the bedrooms. A price estimation also would be great!
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

We used these guys for black-out blinds for all our bedrooms - http://www.acmeblinds.com

They're based on Vevay Rd, Bray. Very pleased with the job done.

Cost varies on window size but they'll give you a quote no bother

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Rokyard

We just used mounttown blinds in dunlaoghaire (just fitted last week). They did a great job & we are very pleased with them.

See mounttownblinds.com. They arent a reseller and custom make everything in their workshop but are also reasonably priced too. they sent someone out to us to measure all our windows at no extra cost.

We ended up getting two roller blinds for each of the bedrooms.
    1 blackout & 1 voile. .... we dont have any curtains for them.

Really happy with the result.

Sooooo much better than the stupid wooden Venetian ones from when we moved in.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Cranipea

Thanks Rokyard. CAn i ask what a voile is?! Is it a type of net curtain? I'm assuming this is to let some let in but keep some privacy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭RumTumTiger

We got All shades in Wicklow town out to do vertical blinds recently and they did a great job. Relatives are getting roller blinds fitted with them in next few weeks based on job they did here. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

If its just blackout blinds you want then IKEA have them fairly cheap - you have to cut them yourself if they dont fit or else just have them slightly bigger than you need.

• Advertisement

Hey Cranipea. Yep, Voile gives lots of light but also lots of privacy. Instead of net curtains, we got a roller blinds version of them. I`m really not a fan of net curtains. I found the roller blind version fantastic ... With the blinds down, they let in LOTS of light but from the outside you can hardly see into the apartment unless you have your nose against the window. Well worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Cranipea

Hi Rokyard, thats great info. Can i ask how it works then, do you have 2 blinds on the one window? Are they bulky when one over the other?

Hey Cranipea, we have the voile blinds and normal curtains in the front and voile blinds and black out blinds for the bed rooms (i.e no curtains) they work very well. I don't think they are bulky at all. if anything because we have no curtains it feels like there is more room. the two blinds fittings together only take up a little over half of the window space. so you have a lot of the windowsill still left free.

Advertisement