Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-chain video game stores in ireland

Options
  • 25-08-2015 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Title should be Independant stores in Ireland

Is there any of these in ireland? I'd rather buy off a non chain store, plus they might sell you a game a day early if your nice enough! I searched but only found chain stores

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,716 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

boardbro wrote: »
    Idie stores isn't it? Is there any of these in ireland? I'd rather buy off a non chain store, plus they might sell you a game a day early if your nice enough! I searched but only found chain stores

I'd imagine it would be borderline impossible for a non-chain video game story to survive in this day-and-age, especially brick & mortar.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

Haven't seen one in years and don't think they can really compete anymore even the chains are having problems keeping brick and mortar stores open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Player1 Gaming in Maynooth is a non-chain game store.

http://www.player1.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Think the marketplace is too small and the margins too tight for it too succeed. Plenty have come and gone in a hurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Player1 is good.

The RAGE is decent for retro.

• Advertisement
Advertisement