Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unknown lens - Digital Advance 0.43x 58mm

• 25-08-2015 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

So about 2 years ago I bought a 650d in Vegas and there was a promotion on in the store at the time and the salesman gave me a free Digital Advance 0.43x 58mm Thread Deluxe Super Wide-Angle Lens With Macro Japan Optics (VLA4358)

prodigitaladvance.com/products/digital-advance-043x-58mm-thread-deluxe-super-wide-angle-lens-with-macro-japan-optics-vla4358

I had no idea what it was but took it because it was free. Im now having a look online and the only thing I can find on this is the link above?

Can anybody please shed some light on this for me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

There's not much light to shed. It's an auxiliary lens, screws onto the front of your existing lens, assuming it has a 58mm filter thread, and makes it wider. Normally at the cost of image quality. With some exceptions they're generally not very good. The exceptions very probably don't include ones thrown in for free as part of another purchase.

-edit- Just looking at that site there, I don't think it's worth anywhere near that price :-D

Advertisement