Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon delivery times.

Options
  • 25-08-2015 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Does anybody know roughly how long pre-orders take to get to Ireland from the UK? I'm thinking of getting Metal Gear Solid V on Amazon. It's a fiver cheaper than Smyths but it isn't worth saving money if I don't get it until nearly a week after release.

I know that they dispatch the games before release to try and get them there on release day but has anybody had any experience of this?

Thanks!

Seán.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

No guarantees of having it on Release day since they messed up and pre-dispatched GTA5 copies. I'd just but it in Smyths for the sake of €5

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

Usually takes about 3 days if direct from amazon and not a seller on there. Also they do send early to allow and pretty sure they even have a shipping option to ensure you have it on release but if not shouldn't be more than a day or two after.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

argos will be cheaper i'd wager

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Amazon delivery has got very slow for me last 18 months. The 2 day delivery option usually guarantees release date delivery but it's so expensive it's not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

sweetie wrote: »
    argos will be cheaper i'd wager

Argos don't do pre-orders as far as I know.

Cormac, Smyths isn't a bad shout but it actually ends up a lot more after getting the bus into Dublin and all that. Sounds like penny pinching, I know. But I'm really short on cash at the moment. I wouldn't be bothered essentially paying an extra tenner to get it from Smyths.

• Advertisement

troyzer wrote: »
    Argos don't do pre-orders as far as I know.

Cormac, Smyths isn't a bad shout but it actually ends up a lot more after getting the bus into Dublin and all that. Sounds like penny pinching, I know. But I'm really short on cash at the moment. I wouldn't be bothered essentially paying an extra tenner to get it from Smyths.

Have you factored in Postage from Amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Cormac... wrote: »
    Have you factored in Postage from Amazon?

I did, it's free delivery. But that's the Super Saver which has definitely been getting slower lately. Which is why I started this thread I suppose.

troyzer wrote: »
    I did, it's free delivery. But that's the Super Saver which has definitely been getting slower lately. Which is why I started this thread I suppose.

Man, for a Launch day game, given you will be given the LOWEST possible priority for postage, that'll be more like 6 Working Days.

Source: Know some Amazon ex-employees

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

Smyths do free delivery.

Advertisement