Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential double payment

Options
  • 25-08-2015 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

I was online paying uni registration fees for my daughter, and the payment page timed out so I tried again and the payment page timed out again, there wasn't enough in the account to pay for 2 sets of fees, at this point I noticed a e payment history tab it indicated that the first payment was successfull with a bank ref and the other was pending / failed. I am a bit anxious about this second payment being taken from the account when it next has sufficient funds which will be payday. Am I needlessly worried or should I contact someone to cancel the second attempt

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Keisha07 wrote: »
    I was online paying uni registration fees for my daughter, and the payment page timed out so I tried again and the payment page timed out again, there wasn't enough in the account to pay for 2 sets of fees, at this point I noticed a e payment history tab it indicated that the first payment was successfull with a bank ref and the other was pending / failed. I am a bit anxious about this second payment being taken from the account when it next has sufficient funds which will be payday. Am I needlessly worried or should I contact someone to cancel the second attempt
    Hi Keisha07,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.

In this instance it would be best to contact the university directly and they can advise if they have processed more than one payment and cancel any pending transactions. 

Thanks,

Sharon

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Keisha07

I had contacted them but all I was told was it shouldn't go through, I was hoping for something more definite by way of an answer, thanks though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Keisha07 wrote: »
    I had contacted them but all I was told was it shouldn't go through, I was hoping for something more definite by way of an answer, thanks though
    Hi Keisha07,

Thanks for your reply. 

As we do not get transaction details until the payment has been processed by the company, we would be unable to advise if this payment will go through. 

If two transactions appear on your account, please contact BOI Direct on 0818 365 365 / 00353 1 4044000 and a representative with account access will be happy to look into this further. 

Thanks,

Sharon

Advertisement