Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Weather 2015/16 : See Mod Note Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Mod Note

Some posts on this weekends cold snap have been moved to the Autumn Weather Thread to keep all of the discussion together
    And it is still Autumn...
    Thanks guys

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Lumi wrote: »
    Mod Note

Some posts on this weekends cold snap have been moved to the Autumn Weather Thread to keep all of the discussion together
    And it is still Autumn...
    Thanks guys

It's like trying to herd cats keeping us in the right threads in the weather forum! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

Is there another cold snap 1St week of December ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Tindie wrote: »
    Is there another cold snap 1St week of December ?

Well the latest charts show cold west/north west winds from Friday next week through the weekend and then a reload of cold on the 1st of december..

Theres a good chance the cold will arrive for friday and the weekend but beyond that things are not as certain reliable forecasts only go as far as 7-10days max

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭droidman123

Hooter23 wrote: »
    Well the latest charts show cold west/north west winds from Friday next week through the weekend and then a reload of cold on the 1st of december..

Theres a good chance the cold will arrive for friday and the weekend but beyond that things are not as certain reliable forecasts only go as far as 7-10days max

Dont say that too loud on here

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

next weekend is another north-westerly/northerly so if we are lucky we may be able to count on one finger the amount of snizzle flakes we will see in Leinster over next weekend:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Gonzo wrote: »
    next weekend is another north-westerly/northerly so if we are lucky we may be able to count on one finger the amount of snizzle flakes we will see in Leinster over next weekend:)

It would be beefier than snizzle. The problem is that it would be proceeded by heavy rain and after less than a day or so the rain would return.

Anyway it's still off in FI and would be questionable for low level areas even if it did happen.

4wiyNzw.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

After seeing the ecm have you still got the same confidence?

ECM is a thing of beauty and if it proves to be right Ger has called it wrong!

All to play for

Bump.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭johndeere3350

Didn't MT say in his last update that he would give another summary in a few days did he give that or am I just not able to find it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

after 5 failed winters in a row I feel were due another 'beast from the east' hopefully this winter.

Yes and the wait goes on. Azores High and Greenland Lows for the next two weeks at least it seems.Westerly winds all the way with minor variations to the north or south. Desperation not setting in yet though, still 8 days until winter officially starts. Patterns always change eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

La Fenetre wrote: »
    Love too, I keep asking does anyone want to post about the winter weather for a change ?

MOD NOTE :

Please refrain from posting in this forum again.

I just had to remove over 40 posts because of how the thread has been derailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

La Fenetre wrote: »
    Good man, what do you think the chances of much snow are for this winter ?

In the next week or two, I am most accurate about. Further on, very uncertain. Anyways, snow is likely in the hills over Ireland during parts of next weekend - only hills. Lower levels - NO, very low chance like less than 10% chance. :(. The Winter overall, yes I detect some snowfall during the same cold spell in late January and February that M.T. Cranium is predicting.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

I know nothing wintry is expected but has anybody else noticed the light we've had today and yesterday - that snowy kind of light? My daughter thought so too. It's presumably just the cloud cover but we usually only get it with snow clouds. It's cold too, colder than the temp would suggest

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

the first 2 weeks of December is looking very unsettled, mostly mild and a wild atlantic.

the first 2 weeks of December is looking very unsettled, mostly mild and a wild atlantic.

Very close to what was happening in 2009 and it's the same calendar as that year - just thought I'd say that as a fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭esposito

And after that, a dramatic turn of events... Frequent snow showers being brought in on a biting north easterly wind, leading to significant accumulations of snow, especially in the eastern half of the country. Max daytime temps ranging from -3 to + 2 celsius :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I am beginning to get anxious now, I have been looking at charts from very strong El Nino years (82-3, 97-8) and the current charts and I don't like what I'm seeing.
    * not what most here want to hear so the usual T & Cs apply - I hope I'm 100% wrong!

ECM1-240.GIF?25-0
    Rrea00119830115.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Some bed time reading . Netweather have released their winter outlook.
    http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=winter-forecast-2015;sess=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Looks like 3 months of misery :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

MidMan25 wrote: »

immmmmm not really January looks good. If it happens

Thats if you like cold and snow :-)

• Advertisement

So it is looking a lot like the Winter of 2011 / 12 (without the January)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

In summary,patience grasshoppa's?

https://twitter.com/DorsetSnow/status/669817784419926016

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Anyone hill walking lately? Much snow above 600m?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Anyone hill walking lately? Much snow above 600m?

None I'd say - temp (now 13C) hasn't dropped below 10C in about 48 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Weatherproof79

I am beginning to get anxious now, I have been looking at charts from very strong El Nino years (82-3, 97-8) and the current charts and I don't like what I'm seeing.
    * not what most here want to hear so the usual T & Cs apply - I hope I'm 100% wrong!

ECM1-240.GIF?25-0
    Rrea00119830115.gif

2009-10 was an El Nino year albeit not as strong. Winter hasn't even started yet and it will be a very long one indeed with that attitude.

Winter is over posts seem to happen earlier each year. It'll be Halloween next year

Well last year they fc a cold hearted winter and that never materialised. It isn't gospel it's just what they think will happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Temperatures as high as 14 degrees forecast for 01 December.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭FWVT

Well last year they fc a cold hearted winter and that never materialised. It isn't gospel it's just what they think will happen

Who are "they"?

• Advertisement

FWVT wrote: »
    Who are "they"?

Read over previous page

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement