Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Weather 2015/16 : See Mod Note Post #1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Graces7 wrote: »
    Not sure if you want to start a dedicated snow thread or merge with the cold spell one?

Hi Graces...as you can see...I merged into the Winter Weather Thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Hi Graces...as you can see...I merged into the Winter Weather Thread.

Thanks; was not sure. The temperature has dropped greatly up here. met ie says a measly 5 and I can believe it... shivers... But the sun has just emerged which will help that. Off to light the range and to wrap the gas pipes and top of the cylinder up as the frost will stop the supply...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Graces7 wrote: »
    Thanks; was not sure.

Just want to try and keep things under control/tidy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blackbird99

photographic evidence of this morning

374010.jpg
    374011.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Very cold morning.
    Highest temperature for today was at 00.00 with 8.6C.
    This morning at 10:32 and 1.9c the lowest, it has warmed up to a mild 2.3c.
    Don't think it will get much above 3C on the Kilkenny hills today.

• Advertisement

2j67kmc.jpg South Kerry, looking west.. have tried to resize... the only one that came out as I was shivering..Dry here and chill and still.

I don't think there was any frost.

https://twitter.com/kclr96fm/status/685194267342553094

• Registered Users Posts: 5,917 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Very heavy rain in Galway for the last two hours did not expect this it won't help the poor unfounate people caught up in the floods

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Very heavy rain in Galway for the last two hours did not expect this it won't help the poor unfounate people caught up in the floods

Yeah where has this come from ???? It's still not even on the net short range forecast
    Or is but is supposed to be over cork ????

• Registered Users Posts: 18,171 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Very quiet here considering the temps and percip over the country.... are people not even getting sleet? Net weather shows snow in Northern Cavan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Very quiet here considering the temps and percip over the country.... are people not even getting sleet? Net weather shows snow in Northern Cavan

Very very heavy rain for last hour in east Galway
    Suprising and depressing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Dunno about snow...certainly none here.

Personally I refuse to report sleet...it smacks of desperation and lampostism :)

Personally I refuse to report sleet...it smacks of desperation and lampostism :)

You should try living in West Clare, sleet is like winning the lotto, snow is the euro millions :D : D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭Redbishop

Mild, 6 degrees here and light rain outside Mullingar.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

You should try living in West Clare, sleet is like winning the lotto, snow is the euro millions :D : D

Actually I could think of very many worse places to live! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Dazzo

I am both desperate and a lampostist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Temperatures have risen.
    Humidity has risen.
    So unless things change, snow only for mountains.

Would have got snow this morning if the hills between Tipperary and Kilkenny were not shower killers.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 GreyRock Lass

Live just outside Lisdoonvarna heading towards Ballyvaughan. We had sleet this morning Carnacalla around 8.30am and again this evening at 7.45pm. Not a lot but enough to stick onto the cars and house windows!! Very surprised tbh.....it's cold but it was raining in Doolin & other nearby areas.
    I'll take this over the constant train of Atlantic Muck we have been receiving since late Nov.....thermals on and fire lit.....Proper seasonal weather & proper bord na mona tv ad ;)

PS Carnacalla....I'm from your Area & know what you mean about snow/sleet and winning the lotto ;) etc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Lashing down in Limerick City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

lashing again in north meath,* sighs*

Long noisy night up here.. South Kerry mountains 400 asl. Sounded like hail at some stages. Will see when the light comes what has fallen. ;) When I let the dog out there was a faint glow in the east. Off out early to get the car sorted in Kenmare and I think I will take a run out then. The car is blissfully warm..old bones here! Will enter the Beara peninsula at Kenmare, as far as Lauragh then, if the roads are clear, over the Healy Pass and to Glengarriff then back over the Caha Pass.. there should be some good photos there. Only a couple of years since I drove the Conor Pass from Dingle over ice, passing the TURN BACK sign because all the other cars were ignoring it. Interesting drive..;) We shall see today. Just feels so cold this morning...

lashing again in north meath,* sighs*

If it freezes atop your floods you will have your very own ice rink...dreadful thought and when the thaw comes..... Stay dry..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

just looking at the rainfall radar chart and looking at the lovely rain, as its starts of as nothing and then intensifies as it arrives over meath, aw how lovely to see it....again, i missed it yesterday as i stared at the strange bright orange ball in the sky thinking i could get used to looking at this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

A bit of cold rain (and maybe a hailstone or two) - thats as much as anyone can hope for this winter or from this upcoming "cold spell".

Heavenly hail shower here in West Clare painted everything white.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Heavenly hail shower here in West Clare painted everything white.

Grace?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

MidMan25 wrote: »
    Grace?

I was about to say I think Graces7 has inspired some more poetic writing from other posters.

Heavy cold showers here all morning, a slight hint of ice granules in the heavier stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

kstand wrote: »
    A bit of cold rain (and maybe a hailstone or two) - thats as much as anyone can hope for this winter or from this upcoming "cold spell".

I had a lovely snow shower lasting about 25 minutes yesterday morning.

Not soppy wet stuff but proper snowflakes :) Awsome to look at.

I love to see snow, so for me the downward trend in temperature has not been disappointing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

I was about to say I think Graces7 has inspired some more poetic writing from other posters.

You could coin a new phrase in relation to this...A Graceism ;):)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement