Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Weather 2015/16 : See Mod Note Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Others are reporting almost spring like conditions in Kerry this morning?

I was online in the early darkness and it was bitterly cod still, but daylight wrought a happy change here which has consolidated today thankfully. A blessedly peaceful day, calm and still and mildening. Thick fog at first so was very glad I had not gone out sightseeing ...mountains hidden. As the fog cleared, the air mildened. Wonderfully mild. Small clouds swimming up the mountains where there is less snow now and the bliss of being able to walk outside without the air icing lungs. A space to play ball with the dog and just enjoy the air. I see that this is likely to be a brief respite and it is all the more valued and to be relished. Enjoying the air and the day! Even looking at my battered garden... Just looking ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Up to 6c now and overcast. Looks like 6-8 for the next week and relatively dry. All in all not a bad January.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,171 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Manchester reporting light snow at 15:50 and 1c. Edinburgh 0c light snow, Glasgow 0c moderate snow.

Dublin 5c. Shannon 7c Cork 7c. Kerry 9c.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭esposito

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Manchester reporting light snow at 15:50 and 1c. Edinburgh 0c light snow, Glasgow 0c moderate snow.

Dublin 5c. Shannon 7c Cork 7c. Kerry 9c.

I hate this country sometimes:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

I wouldn't drive up past Kippure, plenty of cars skidding out and a bus abandoned.

24309685732_9444cc701c_c.jpg
    24335038591_11b1d57ec5_c.jpg
    24050118879_8f3f38aa37_c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Faustino

Great photos

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Awesome pictures!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Great pics

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    I wouldn't drive up past Kippure, plenty of cars skidding out and a bus abandoned.

24309685732_9444cc701c_c.jpg
    24335038591_11b1d57ec5_c.jpg
    24050118879_8f3f38aa37_c.jpg

Please Please put them in the weather pictures thread. They are amazing photos and deserve a thread of there own. Otherwise they,ll get lost.

:):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Also get them into RTE/TV3 etc. They'd love that sort of thing for the weather forecast or for Ireland in Pictures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Ross_Mahon wrote: »

Fantastic pics!

Looks you were on the set of The Spy Who Loved Me, all that's missing is the nuke!!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Mr Bumble

The first one will soon be on many UFO sites

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Apart from the fact that it's currently 4.5c I can't comment on the weather, as I can't see though the thick fog.

I like the quiet stillness of fog.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Milder air here now with a current temp of 9c with light rain starting.

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ferretr33

looks the same across the country very mild in meath now the Atlantic has taking control once again , crazy when you look at the temps in the uk for the week ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Mafra

Ugh. 8' and disgusted to be back to grey. Again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

ferretr33 wrote: »
    looks the same across the country very mild in meath now the Atlantic has taking control once again , crazy when you look at the temps in the uk for the week ahead.

nothing really too out of the ordinary with it, they hold onto cold air till about Wedesday but it will be mainly dry and not much if any snow for them so we're not missing out on much. They will be back into the mild regime by Wednesday.

Early rain soft thrumming, hard drumming. Some wind. The snow-bare mountains veiled in small drifting clouds, and the air mild, and gentling between rains. A kind, grey , soft Sunday up here in the South Kerry mountains 400 asl. Hoping out tomorrow but there may be fog as there was yesterday. It was ironic as I was partly planning out to take photos for here but hey! You had some beauties! When I was due out, the fog or low cloud was so thick could hardly see the gate. Ah well! They say a northerly gale tonight ..Nothing like variety. But deeply peaceful here now. A resting.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Some temperature difference between Ireland and England.

BQ7226e.png

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ferretr33

sleet falling in meath on the navan/kells boarder didnt expect to see that today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

The only time British weather conditions are relevant to me is when we have an easterly.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Going to some heavy rainfall overnight with a risk of more Thursday night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Very heavy rain over Cork.
    Have met eireann under estimated the flood potential? !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Very heavy rain over Cork.
    Have met eireann under estimated the flood potential? !

Was thinking the same! Didn't realise it was going to be as heavy/prolonged as it has been.. :eek:

Places have drained out. The previous flood potential was due to long term sustained heavy rainfall over a period of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,596 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Places have drained out. The previous flood potential was due to long term sustained heavy rainfall over a period of weeks.

Luckily for me I only endured short term floods on individual days

Its been fecking lashing here since 8:30. Seems the rain just won't leave West Clare. Proper loud persistent rain.

It was cosy last evening. Rain battering the windows, wind rising, snug inside with a book and knitting. Winter! Loved it! Quiet now, with gentle rain and a soft wind, and a day for shopping and being out a while. Life...

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Escaped all the rain so far
    Was expecting a very wet 24 hours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

GFS looking very wet for the southwest on Friday morning with rain rates up to 35mm/6hr which would be a orange warning from Met Eireann if it verified.

102-779UK_jkl8.GIF

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement