Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Weather 2015/16 : See Mod Note Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭lolie

Could be fairly blustery in parts later on according to the GFS.
    12-289UK.GIF?02-12
    15-289UK.GIF?02-12

• Registered Users Posts: 18,162 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Showers approaching and temp a cold 3.7c.
    I hope for some hail for a temporary white coating! Its the best I can wish for.

Looking at the Net Weather Weather Radar there's alot of heavyish snow around the counties of Cavan, Leitrim etc.

Any reports?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Looking at the Net Weather Weather Radar there's alot of heavyish snow around the counties of Cavan, Leitrim etc.

Any reports?

About a half an hour ago we had a heavy snow shower that turned to hail and didn't stick - but it's gone considerably colder - South Sligo 70m asl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Any reports?

Yeah, had a heavy snow shower in Cavan. Easing off now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,126 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

1927 update

Cold and windy overnight with clear spells and showers. Some will be heavy, with some sleet at times and a little dusting of snow on high ground. There is a risk of thunder also. Lowest temperatures 1 to 4 C., and despite a stiff and blustery west to northwesterly wind, frost will form in places, resulting in some icy patches. But the frost should clear some areas before dawn.

Windy after, around the coasts,
    West to northwesterly gales or strong gales this evening and for a time tonight, on all Irish coastal waters and on to the Irish Sea

Having a look at the 7pm reports, alot of the coastal stations are gusting in excess of 40 knots compared to much calmer conditions further inland. 1 degree at knock with a dew point of -1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭highdef

Looking at satellite, there appears to be some sort of trough with maybe a bit of circulation in it, heading towards the NW of the country at the moment. If it is something of interest, it should become viewable in the next hour or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭lolie

Any reports?

Brief shower here, fairly heavy for a few minutes with some nice big flakes. Nice to see.

A band of almost depleted percip (Snow according to Net Weather) nearing North Dublin. Might hold long enough but doubt it.

• Advertisement

Mace head gusting 47 knots (54 MPH)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Very light snow shower in drogheda but it's stopped already :(

As i post its turned a lot more showery and very windy here in Castlebar.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Had a fairly heavy snow shower at about 19.00 which has turned the ground white, seem to have missed out on every thing since, temp hovering around zero.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Very wintry day and night here near Tralee with hail hammering offf the house as I type . Multiple showers of hail, rain and sleet today giving a total of 6.2mm atm. Windy gusting to 62.8 kph , currently 3.3C with a windchill of - 2C in a NW wind avg 27 kph.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Recent heavy hail shower, with sleet and some ninja snow.

Buoy M4 mean speed 33, gust 49 knots

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Just went outside to see the snow and the biggest thunder clap I have ever heard, never heard one as loud and I've seen a strike closer and it's not been as loud.
    There's been snow showers here in East Donegal all evening, only heavy in the last hour or so.

12574tz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Amy snow reaching Dublin overnight ?

Some percip is somewhat possible, snow or not is questionable.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Its three degrees up here so I'd not be glued to the lampposts, so to speak :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Henrys spawn is certainly making it a very rough night here in Donegal.

Belfast Aldergrove reporting light snow at 00:20.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,747 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Light dusting of snow here in north kilkenny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

I can see lugnaquilla from Arklow today and it's plastered in snow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Temps are up & down for next few days. Significant change in our weather this weekend - BBC Weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Temps are up & down for next few days. Significant change in our weather this weekend - BBC Weather.

snow in dublin?

snow in dublin?

My god :D:D
    Trust me, if there's any realistic chance you'll hear about it on here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Looking at latest charts it would seem to me that we might miss the highest winds associated witth that potential stormy weather set for Sun /Mon. Looks like the South of England / France could be the recipient of the strongest winds if it comes off. Still early days in a very complex fast moving Atlantic as mentioned by others.

pNvo5LY.gif?1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Looking at latest charts it would seem to me that we might miss the highest winds associated witth that potential stormy weather set for Sun /Mon. Looks like the South of England / France could be the recipient of the strongest winds if it comes off. Still early days in a very complex fast moving Atlantic as mentioned by others.

Hmmm...could be interesting! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement