Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Weather 2015/16 : See Mod Note Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Yes showers now moving in from the west...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Looks like another wipe out of a weekend. For those of us working all week its very depressing. This winter and last summer has reinforced my desire to retire somewhere warm and sunny.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Looks like another wipe out of a weekend. For those of us working all week its very depressing. This winter and last summer has reinforced my desire to retire somewhere warm and sunny.

Like Arklow? :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

ah sure we've been having wipeout weekends since the end of October!

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

But if you retire you won't be reduced to relying on two particular days of the week having the right weather for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Tactical wrote: »
    Don't get mad.

There's no such thing as bad weather, just a bad choice of clothing.

If you approach it from that point of view there is little enough to keep a person cooped up inside. Getting out can work wonders for one's mood, especially if you're dry and warm in your clothing.

I personally would like to see a decent windstorm to liven things up a bit or a decent covering of snow. While I'm dreaming of weather armogeden I'm just having to plan tasks in a way appropriate to the weather we currently have.

Keep the chin up and smile. People will wonder what you're up to ;)

What it is to be young and healthy, Flippers and snorkel might work today.. Go out there? You must be joking! Snugged in here....only place to be in deluges and cold....tasks remain as always this month; knitting for the summer ahead and started beading yesterday. Have to go out for coal and will meander round the house outside s few times but deluging...cold wet, again...stamina is needed this month,, as the saints say, " patient endurance attaineth to all things."

But if you retire you won't be reduced to relying on two particular days of the week having the right weather for you.

Any day of the week here is pretty much the same really. Ditto our seasons.

Thoroughly miserable morning. Went for a run very windy very cold very wet. Its relentless. I'm hoping that march will bring spring weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,171 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Ah well, you can't get that mad that we are getting normal February weather :)

I quite like the constant weather systems pushing through. Just wish there was more variation on precipitation type.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭squarecircles

On Wednesday winds will moderate and overall it will be a drier day, but it will turn colder with widespread frost and ice on untreated surfaces for Wednesday night.

The further outlook out to next weekend is for a cold snap with sub freezing temperatures at night and slightly below average temperatures for the time of year by day as winds turn to the north.

Met.ie

• Advertisement

Now that's a nice forecast :P
    February snow anyone?

Despite my likening to the wet and windy typical Irish, I do quite like a nice frost. Have recorded 1 so far this year, melted by 9am.

Brrrrrrr....

ukmintemp.png

That's at 12pm?

Aye

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Aye

It's six days away as far as I can see..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,596 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Cold snap? :pac::pac: I think we all know how long that will last... as we have seen in past examples since November

prectypeuktopo.png

prectypeuktopo.png

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Mon certainly looking very windy for the South especially during the early hours and during the morning school runs and commute to work.

v012G2d.gif

ludemY4.gif

gjbrCO1.png

That would be an orange wind warning for the south,dare I say Imogen.

ukgust.png

Which may result in the naming of Storm Imogen.
    We'll see this evening/tomorrow I suppose!

• Advertisement

Huge swell of the southwest coast Monday morning,coinciding with potentially storm force 10 winds,and high tides.

A wild and wet a day as any this winter... Pools at the front and a chill welcome out there but some blue sky just now...Shivers,,,

I just want a break from precipitation so snow would not be welcome from me. Id love a couple of nice dry mild spring days dry the place up and give us a chance for a bit of a spring clean.other than some posters here and school kids I really don't see or hear any appetite for snow out there. Dry benign weather is what's needed.

I just want a break from precipitation so snow would not be welcome from me. Id love a couple of nice dry mild spring days dry the place up and give us a chance for a bit of a spring clean.other than some posters here and school kids I really don't see or hear any appetite for snow out there. Dry benign weather is what's needed.

I guess this long wet spell is Mother Nature's idea of payback for the dry spell back in October... remember that!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

sryanbruen wrote: »
    I guess this long wet spell is Mother Nature's idea of payback for the dry spell back in October... remember that!

October is nearly like a fleeting memory, we have had 920mm of rain since then.

Xenji wrote: »
    October is nearly like a fleeting memory, we have had 920mm of rain since then.

Weren't the dry spells of April, June, September and October last year absolutely great though?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Weren't the dry spells of April, June, September and October last year absolutely great though?

Only June, April and September brought over 300mm of rain between them, June was the only sub 100mm month we had.

Xenji wrote: »
    Only June, April and September brought over 300mm of rain between them, June was the only sub 100mm month we had.

I know. I was talking 'bout the dry spells of:

April 4th - 9th and 16th - 23rd
    June 7th - 20th (the rain on the 16th / 17th was hardly anything)
    September 4th - 10th (9th in places) and 25th - October 4th
    October 7th - 20th

^ The April and September dry spells were awesome though, mainly because of how sunny those periods were. This Winter my longest dry spell has been January 14th - 16th (just 3 days). WOW... in the Winter of 2013 / 14, I had even longer dry spells than that...

Tried that when I came here from Orkney... the wind followed me and the rain and mud..

• Advertisement

Sleet showers passing through here in West Clare temp 4-5c (Inconsistent between showers)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement