Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Weather 2015/16 : See Mod Note Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Imogen maybe on the way.

STATUS ORANGE

Wind Warning for Cork and Kerry
    Westerly winds will reach mean speeds of 65 to 75 km/h with gusts of 100 to 120 km/h, strongest winds along the coast.

Issued:Saturday 06 February 2016 19:00
    Valid:Monday 08 February 2016 02:00 to Monday 08 February 2016 09:00

STATUS YELLOW

Wind Warning for Clare, Limerick and Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

Any day of the week here is pretty much the same really. Ditto our seasons.

So at least you're not missing much at work.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Right edited out
    Early birds got it
    I'm going to jinx it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

Thanks Wheatenbriar......My Favourite Wheetybuddy :D

377137.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blackbird99

nodp2q.jpg
    for any of ye climbers interested,
    rain/sleet turned to snow at low levels about midnight last night.

• Advertisement

Right edited out
    Early birds got it

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blackbird99

Right edited out
    Early birds got it

you should have left your post unedited, a lot of information on parking and getting to the snow on foot.
    you'l still probably get the crowd that won't leave the car and decide to drive up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

snow in dublin this week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Not a bad set of ensembles at all! (Dublin)

graphe3_1000_113_33___.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Some snow atop here in South Kerry 400 asl but can no longer see anything much with the great swathes of white rain in the high winds. Bitter cold westerly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Another horrendously miserable day wet windy cold.

I had forgotten the photos i took last Tuesday; these are the elusive back mountains i mentioned. From the lake on the way to Killarney. 9s75tl.jpgjue9n6.jpg It will be like that there today behind all the rain

Very bad up here already and seems that the winds are simply merging into Imogen already? Roof is creaking... worse than the last storm and met ie says " fresh" for Munster. Closing down soon....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,162 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Nice relaxing day inside today :)

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Nice relaxing day inside today :)

;) Grand way to end my online day! Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,561 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

This weather here is just ****ty. It's just pissing rain, not heavily, not very lightly with a few hazy sunny intervals but a lot of cloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭howlinwolf

Same here, it brightens up for a few minutes then the rain comes again, and on and on we go. Not very windy here yet although I don't expect to get bad here tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

After a lovely clear sunny morning, its clouded over now here in the NE and is fairly breezy, Not much rain though thankfully....so far

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Really wicked day here near Tralee, raining on and off and strong winds, gusting over 60 kph

13mm so far since midnight

8.9C

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

West Laois, some pretty severe gusts in the showers, wind really howling down the chimney. Don't have an anemometer but I would say in the region of 80kph+, calm enough though between the showers. Tomorrow is to be windier again looking at the hourly forecast from yr.no, I would say we are borderline yellow weather warning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Increasing chance of a major snow-fall event towards the end of the week/ weekend.

Marginal stuff, but the charts look really interesting and I would not be surprised to see a major event somewhere in Ireland, pin-pointing detail is extremely difficult at this juncture.

Increasing chance of a major snow-fall event towards the end of the week/ weekend.

Marginal stuff, but the charts look really interesting and I would not be surprised to see a major event somewhere in Ireland, pin-pointing detail is extremely difficult at this juncture.

This type of chart rings alarm bells

Rtavn1321.gif

This type of chart rings alarm bells

Rtavn1321.gif

Bank

gfs-2-138.png?18?18

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

I feel a little faint :D

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭United road

Sorry weathercheck, can you explain those charts?? I dont know what im looking at. Tks

Sorry weathercheck, can you explain those charts?? I dont know what im looking at. Tks

Its a front next Saturday engaging cold air with rain turning to widespread fairly heavy snow at all levels across north Munster, all of Leinster and most of Connaught
    1 run,low probability of verifying

By saying bank,hes hoping it happens

• Registered Users Posts: 18,162 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Its a front next Saturday engaging cold air with rain turning to widespread fairly heavy snow at all levels across north Munster, all of Leinster and most of Connaught
    1 run,low probability of verifying

By saying bank,hes hoping it happens

Ah stop, you getting me to think I could see some in West Clare (which, I know I can't, too coastal)

• Advertisement

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Ah stop, you getting me to think I could see some in West Clare (which, I know I can't, too coastal)

Well, the air interaction would not originate west of you,its a land flow so yeah,you might actually get lucky,all academic though as the story of model cold this winter is its always FI

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement