Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Weather 2015/16 : See Mod Note Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,162 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Ah feck, watched the weather after the Nine O'Clock news and now I'm hopeful of snow here in West Clare tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Ah feck, watched the weather after the Nine O'Clock news and now I'm hopeful of snow here in West Clare tonight.

Why?

Why?

Percip lingering around and temps will likely be borderline sleet/snow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

sryanbruen wrote: »
    That in turn was followed by an awful Winter and an unremarkable Autumn

Which in turn was followed by some intense thunderstorm activity in the following May, June & July.

ThxyRP3.gif

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭pauldry

Looks like the next 2 days may be sunny with just showers

Does this mean im finally not going to get soaked for the first time in 2016?

No. Even on dry days there are two showers at 9 and 530pm

Have had 152mm of rain since Jan 10th. In sligo. Only about 1.5 times normal but seems wetter

• Advertisement

Heavy sleet here in West Clare, only the second occurence this year as far as I can remember Come on temps! Drop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Theres a photo up on the wicklow weather Facebook page of the epic conditions up above glenmalure tonight
    Hard to say which road it is but if its the road to Aughavanagh, it rises above 500 metres and is one of the snowiest roads in Ireland if you ask me
    Going to try attach a screengrab but I think boards attachments are still not working
    Its been snowing hard up there all day
    If this doesn't work, just search wicklow weather on Facebook

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

Carnacalla wrote:

Heavy rain here near Kilfenora.
    There's ice in it,maybe later on it'll turn to snow.
    I'd say Kilnamona is getting fairly heavy layer,it's high enough.
    And Woodcock hill

Heavy rain here near Kilfenora.
    There's ice in it,maybe later on it'll turn to snow.
    I'd say Kilnamona is getting fairly heavy layer,it's high enough.
    And Woodcock hill

Bit closer to the cold up yer way anyway :P

Looking at the 5day forecast feature on the Met Eireann website, and I notice on SAT 13th at 12pm there is a low of 2c just over West Clare/North Kerry, and also a band of precipitation. Looks very borderline for the region.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

Carnacalla wrote:
    Looking at the 5day forecast feature on the Met Eireann website, and I notice on SAT 13th at 12pm there is a low of 2c just over West Clare/North Kerry, and also a band of precipitation. Looks very borderline for the region.

Funny you should say that,I've to travel from Clare to North Kerry on Saturday evening.
    Might take the Ferry.
    The rain is belting down here now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Percip lingering around and temps will likely be borderline sleet/snow

Why do people insist on shortening precipitation to percip?

MidMan25 wrote: »
    Why do people insist on shortening precipitation to percip?

It's a fairly long (and awkward to spell) word, if there's a shorter alternative mutually understood by people on this fourm, why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Has anybody else noticed that deafening silence outside tonight,I think this is the first night in months I can hear no wind on the Mayo coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭budweiser6

Raining heavily and relentlessly here in Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Funny you should say that,I've to travel from Clare to North Kerry on Saturday evening.
    Might take the Ferry.
    The rain is belting down here now.

Lucky you! I am South Kerry and the only viable way I could see Clare, as I cannot be away overnight, would be the ferry but at E18 EACH WAY! I did ask if there were reductions for pensioners/disabled but no. AH well! Plenty to see here. Have a wonderful drive...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Loud and long falls of something in the small hours.. opened the front door to see when I first was up but the ground is not white..Assuming all got washed away but met ie seem to think South is going to get snow at the weekend. Would rather stay home today but needs must out. Stultifyingly COLD. Will decide how far I get later.... hope the gritters are out already...But going to get worse as the week goes on. Winter is whatever we get; limiting it to snow is inaccurate..winter is always a challenge in diverse ways and never " disappointing"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

First real sunny day in Dublin - not a cloud at the moment - for months. Probably since October.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

First real sunny day in Dublin - not a cloud at the moment - for months. Probably since October.

Beautiful morning alright. Clear blue skies. 1.4c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Fingers crossed...

prectypeuktopo.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Glorious morning in the north east, sharp frost, clear sky and sunshine, love this weather

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

I can see,Croghan mtn,croghan moira mtn and lugnaquilla from Arklow today
    All stunning alpine head to toe
    Lug looks simply mont Blanc,probably afoot of snow up there
    Maybe half that on the two croghans

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

As a rule, I totally ignore those charts.
    Plus, check the current run. Can't post attachment at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭lolie

Fingers crossed...

prectypeuktopo.png

Aaand it's downgraded already, that didn't take long.
    prectypeuktopo.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Beautiful morning in Galway City. Blue skies and no wind - it feels like months since I experienced this!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭sunsetbeachfan

Yesterday in three rock mountain Ticknock
    Dublin it was snowing ! One inch of snow on ground
    So beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I can see,Croghan mtn,croghan moira mtn and lugnaquilla from Arklow today All stunning alpine head to toe Lug looks simply mont Blanc,probably afoot of snow up there Maybe half that on the two croghans

Snow line low enough further north. Scarr has a good covering, and the lower hills around it have snow. Haven't ventured any further than the village, so just what I can see from near Roundwood!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭littlema

Just spent a miserable 1/2hour with a grape spearing all the recycle rubbish from under the boundary trees where Henry blew it from the toppled bin. Cattle had been in the field a month ago & the muck & puddle was deep!!!! Job done, warming up now by fire. ... some few days off !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

http://www.mountain-forecast.com/peaks/Lugnaquilla/forecasts/925

For anyone wanting good snow cover and annual snow fix I would say Lughnaquilla will be a good bet over the next week. Will be up there tomorrow with camera.

[IMG]:confused:[/IMG]

• Advertisement

I have followed every instruction Lumi gave me to the letter, but the attachments are not going from the phone.......so U give up.
    http://imgur.com/a/kiqrJ

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement