Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Weather 2015/16 : See Mod Note Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Steady moderate cold rain here in Limerick since morning. 5.5C
    Probably the most miserable day of Feb so far. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Ditto south Tipp dull wet temp 5.5 met eireann called this right here anyway. Wife drove to Kildare earlier and said it rained whole way up. Any sign of the snow?....

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭the 12 th man

No snow yet in West Wicklow still hoping though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

No snow yet in West Wicklow still hoping though.

Don't think that's going to happen somehow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Ditto south Tipp dull wet temp 5.5 met eireann called this right here anyway. Wife drove to Kildare earlier and said it rained whole way up. Any sign of the snow?....
    Not here anyway or most of Ireland actually if you run the met Eireann radar loop
    Forecast last night was for a wet day nationwide
    Ditto mt's forecast
    Whereas its been restricted to the Munster area and the mid west mainly
    It mightn't make much progress Northwest at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,561 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

tippman1 wrote: »
    Steady moderate cold rain here in Limerick since morning. 5.5C
    Probably the most miserable day of Feb so far. :(

The 8th was the most miserable here influenced by Storm Imogen

• Registered Users Posts: 18,162 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Don't think theres an official measurement for miserableness :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,561 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Don't think theres an official measurement for miserableness :D:D

There is. For example,

The warmer and duller and wetter a Winter month is - December 2015 is obviously #1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

\,

• Advertisement

Not as terrible as a normal rainy day, there's absolutely no wind! 5.8c and a persistent rain (Heavy at times) since 2pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,747 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Had a very wet night with 16mm of rain.
    It has been a dull day and the temperature is continuing to fall, it did rise to 5.1C at 1pm, but currently at 3.7C and the trend is down.
    Dewpoint is 2.5C and falling.
    I might get some snow if the trend continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

What mountains in Wicklow have snow on them? How's the Sally Gap today. Planning a spin up there tomorrow but not sure where to head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Hello!!! Daily mail!

Read the mod note in post #1.

Hello to you too!!!!!!

Think we will begin to see alot of sleet in the next few hours as daylight ends. Maybe some snow in favoured locations.

Knock Airport has a TAF forecasting light snow showers from 6am-10am tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Hasn't stopped raining all day here, if only we had the desired uppers.
    Usual story of winter here, if only it was colder, if only we had more precipitation when it is colder.... If only.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭Macy0161

fletch wrote: »
    What mountains in Wicklow have snow on them? How's the Sally Gap today. Planning a spin up there tomorrow but not sure where to head.
    Snow line looks fairly high - the likes of Scarr are now pretty much clear.

Judging by the state of the Aughrim River this morning when i was out for a spin on the bike, I'd guess there was something of a thaw last night. I don't think there was the rain to have the river so full anyway.

That's all before whatever happens tonight obviously.

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=radar;sess=

Netweather radar shows alot of percip changing to sleet over the midlands

• Registered Users Posts: 48,206 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    I'm happy with this cold crisp DRY weather
    Saturday looks depressing now
    a load of precipitation
    I don't care of its cold rain or snow
    its wet
    go away

And so it was :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,450 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Current guidance suggests rain-snow line near 500m will sink slowly to 250m by morning but question being whether any precip would be falling at that time. Also the uppers become marginally favourable for snow in streamers by Sunday afternoon and evening. Faint hope clause in effect, I do think a few people will see snow but probably not a lot unless we get very lucky and a juicy streamer hits the Dublin region. To see lying snow would suggest waiting until Monday if possible as visibility will be better then and all windows of opportunity will have come and gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,747 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

That precipitation to the west in Kilkenny is not making much progress east of the county where I am.
    Current temperature 2.8C, DP 1.9C.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

A few sleety flakes creeping into the rain in Cashel now. Currently 2.8C

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

It doesnt look much on the ME rain radar but its pishing down in north meath

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭highdef

And net weather is showing it as sleet once you near the border - If I'm not mistaken, the showers coming in along the east coast north of Dublin appear to be Irish Sea babies.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

few light showers in off the Irish sea this evening tho they are all of rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Hailstones here now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Nothing on Radar but intermittent Hail showers in Bray 1am

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Wild,wet and windy night up here. South Kerry mountains 400 asl. Yesterday's brief respite over. Stars hiding to and fro with clouds and still too dark to see more....

Are you 400 metres or 400 feet above sea level? Just wondering.

• Advertisement

Dew points and uppers are starting to encourage me to imagine a mix of hail, snow and cold cold rain in these streamers, plus they are more robust than the models had been showing even six hours ago. Winds will back gradually from due east to north-northeast. That will tend to bring them inland further south. The Isle of Man shield may activate but with these shifting winds it won't just shield one part of the coast all day long. Also the temperature profile favours thunder in these streamers especially after 0900h.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement