Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Weather 2015/16 : See Mod Note Post #1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,898 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Graupel shower here now (in Dublin 16). No rain....just graupel. :) 4.3c Dp 1.4c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Hail showers all night here, now its a mix of everything shower, rain, hail, snow, just ruined yesterdays nice dry day

• Registered Users Posts: 13,561 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Another day with snow! YES!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,898 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

More light graupel showers. 3.8c DP 1.4c atm.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Another day with snow! YES!

Heavy enough snow shower here now, but its not worth getting excited about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭horsefarm

Graces7 wrote: »
    Wild,wet and windy night up here. South Kerry mountains 400 asl. Yesterday's brief respite over. Stars hiding to and fro with clouds and still too dark to see more....

It takes just a split second it takes to write "ft" or "m" it would be really great if you could include it in your posts to prevent the repeated queries

Heavy enough snow shower here now, but its not worth getting excited about

No I wasn't gettin' overly excited. I was being happy because it was only the 2nd time I received any during this Winter as well as I just love it when I record some snow.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    No I wasn't gettin' overly excited. I was being happy because it was only the 2nd time I received any during this Winter as well as I just love it when I record some snow.

Ah right, just out of interest, how much has to fall for you to record it, that snow shower we got, while heavy enough, i certainly wont be remembering it.

Ah right, just out of interest, how much has to fall for you to record it, that snow shower we got, while heavy enough, i certainly wont be remembering it.

At least 2cm :D

I always keep record of days I have had with snow though with any quantity of snowfall

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Lovely sunshine and 0.0 degrees. :D

• Advertisement

joujoujou wrote: »
    Lovely sunshine and 0.0 degrees. :D

Man give me some of that Winter sunshine. Now it's just rain, sleet and snow mixed here with dull skies. The skies are as dull as my school :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Don't hesitate - come here and take as much as you want. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Hail showers all night here, now its a mix of everything shower, rain, hail, snow, just ruined yesterdays nice dry day

You look well positioned for some white stuff today, whether you want it is another story.

Slizzle (sleety drizzle) falling here now (in Dublin 16). 3.4c DP 1.3c atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

brief but very heavy hail shower

You look well positioned for some white stuff today, whether you want it is another story.

Ah I like snow, but i'd prefer it in late november to early january, not now, it'll melt as quick as it falls and just leave everywhere wet and mucky, so its pointless, i want dry days from now on

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭United road

Heavy hail just hit us here in Stepaside south dublin. We also have thunder and lightning

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭horsefarm

Thunder snow at 260 m in D16, just a degree or so too mild for me to get too excited. temp had dropped from 3c to 1.5 in about 5 mins. Dew point -1.4c

horsefarm wrote: »
    Thunder snow....

Yip! :) Getting it all here now in Dublin 16 now.

Rain, hail, sleet, snow, graupel, lightning and thunder....all from one shower!!! 2.5c DP 1.0c atm.

beautiful cloudscapes over the Irish sea, can see showers forming. Should be a decent amount of instability for the next 12 hrs on the East Coast. Uppers atm should be about -6 atm going down to -7/-8 by late afternoon.

• Advertisement

That shower has passed now, but has left (a transient) dusting of snow and graupel on all surfaces (grass, roads, roofs, etc.). 1.8c DP 0.8c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭the 12 th man

Snowing in West Wicklow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Superhorse

Heavy hail just hit us here in Stepaside south dublin. We also have thunder and lightning
    Stay safe and god speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,166 ✭✭✭pad199207

Moderate to Heavy Snow in Naas now

2.1c

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

There's plenty of snow above about 500m in the Wicklow Mountains if you go looking for it. I was up Mullaghcleevaun yesterday and was going up to my knees in the stuff coming down off the northern side.

Cars covered here in Naas now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Alun wrote: »
    There's plenty of snow above about 500m in the Wicklow Mountains if you go looking for it. I was up Mullaghcleevaun yesterday and was going up to my knees in the stuff coming down off the northern side.

Yup,the southern wicklow mtns got a very large fall on last Tuesday
    Croghan moira is still white just above Aughrim and llug behind is looks head to toe buried in the stuff as viewed from here in Arklow
    Both are accessible

Meanwhile that easterly today would bite you
    No precip at all here yesterday or overnight
    Currently dry in South wicklow until perhaps the wind shifts more northeast

Starting to ease in Naas now. Dusting on Cars and Grass. 0.8c DP -0.1c

Shower activity has shifted further south, a large shower should hit the Wicklow coast soon. Light rain with spits of hail here now

• Advertisement

Another sleet/snow/graupel mix shower here in Dublin 16. 2.3c DP 1.0c atm.

After these showers push though, does not look like the Irish Sea is producing too many more showers (for the Dublin area) for the time being.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement