Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Weather 2015/16 : See Mod Note Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Just started snowing in Greystones. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

For Southern guys on here showers should kick off next couple of hours.
    Though it's not forecast by the met I can see snow lying on the hills of cork by early this evening. Looks a coastal thing but worth watching the radar this afternoon

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,898 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Skies clearing here (in Dublin 16) from the north. Slushy stuff left on the ground from those showers. 2.9c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kittyn

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Another sleet/snow/graupel mix shower here in Dublin 16. 2.3c DP 1.0c atm.

After these showers push though, does not look like the Irish Sea is producing too many more showers (for the Dublin area) for the time being.

Is that it for us do you think? Due to the change in wind direction :(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,898 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

kittyn wrote: »
    Is that it for us do you think? Due to the change in wind direction :(

Might be! Irish Sea, north/east of Dublin looking pretty clear now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Soft hail / graupel / whatever in Bray here right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kittyn

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Might be! Irish Sea, north/east of Dublin looking pretty clear now.

Typical ...... Mind you Mother Nature could surprise us ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭the 12 th man

Sun shining here in West Wicklow now short lived excitement.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

A few hail showers here over the past hour but no snow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭arctictree

Heavy snow here. +1.2c. Starting to stick. Roundwood, Co. Wicklow. 250M ASL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Sat looks very clear over the Irish sea, was expecting more instability. Hopefully we'll see a last bit of convection during the afternoon/evening before the upper flow turns northerly

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

nothing to report here, all the action is over south dublin and wicklow although that looks like its dying away to the south as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭JFKIRELAND

Any decent snow around the Hellfire or Cruagh? Do not see any reports...thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Gonzo wrote: »
    nothing to report here, all the action is over south dublin and wicklow although that looks like its dying away to the south as well.

Aye, quite an active celll zipped east to the north of Arklow
    Winds here are now North East,with ample fetch but the instability is too weak at the moment, lets see what the next 10 hrs or so do with slightly colder 850's?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭horsefarm

JFKIRELAND wrote: »
    Any decent snow around the Hellfire or Cruagh? Do not see any reports...thanks

No I'm looking across at hellfire and there's nothing decent. Just a sprinkle

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭highdef

Oddly, a shower has developed inland n south Meath and I'd heading for north and north west Kildare. Easy to pick out on visible satellite. It's enlarging and increasing in intensity quite rapidly. Anyone know what is driving this?

highdef wrote: »
    Oddly, a shower has developed inland n south Meath and I'd heading for north and north west Kildare. Easy to pick out on visible satellite. It's enlarging and increasing in intensity quite rapidly. Anyone know what is driving this?

Convergence maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭john why

Very heavy graupel shower in d15

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭highdef

Convergence maybe

Agreed, wind appears to be more northerly behind the developing band of precipitation. Would it be classed as a developing cold front as I'm guessing that the colder uppers are following it with a wind change to a more northerly component?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

A nice winters day here. Its bright and dry and you can go outdoors. Mind you it's breezy and cold and my poor overgrown garden is in an awful state. When will a spring thread appear? March 1?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

In Terenure. Can see a wall of what looks like snow to my north west. Pretty cool looking

• Registered Users Posts: 7,166 ✭✭✭pad199207

Black as the ace of spades in Naas now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,561 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Typical mild and wet weather the weekend. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Hail shower 10 mins ago in Dublin 10

• Registered Users Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Snow near Roundwood about an hour ago. Seems to have been quite localised. Laragh fine, but half way between laragh and Roundwood it was heavy enough - and obviously higher had more (had to collect the kids in Lough Dan).

Out the Bray side doesn't seem to have had as much. Still lying enough that the children are still able to be out playing in it, but its thawing on the road/drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,747 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Light snow falling on the Kilkenny hills.

highdef wrote: »
    Agreed, wind appears to be more northerly behind the developing band of precipitation. Would it be classed as a developing cold front as I'm guessing that the colder uppers are following it with a wind change to a more northerly component?
    It could be just a convergence somehow of the cold surface air well inland from last night with this mixed maratime layer coming in from the Irish sea
    Its happening further south too,giving Robert kk his snow in Kilkenny
    Another case of mother nature trumping our forecasters it seems including mt
    It should be less of a feature later though, I think

Another wintry mix (rain, sleet, snow, hail) shower just passed through here (in Dublin 16). 4.8c DP 1.8c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Sunny and cold here in Cork..my feet are the only icy things around here.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭the 12 th man

Snowing again for now (West Wicklow)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement