Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Weather 2015/16 : See Mod Note Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,162 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

No MT forecast today?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,206 ✭✭✭✭km79

Carnacalla wrote: »
    No MT forecast today?

Hope everything is ok with him!
    Daft how we are so reliant on a man from Canada for our national forecast :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,561 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Well it feels like spring today. Temp jumped in the last 30mins from 2.4c to 3.5c.

Well it feels like spring today. Temp jumped in the last 30mins from 2.4c to 3.5c.

Are you joking? I'm freezing my buns off here :pac::(

• Advertisement

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Are you joking? I'm freezing my buns off here :pac::(

No wind and the brightest Sunshine and most cloudless sky I've seen since pre-December :P

No wind and the brightest Sunshine and most cloudless sky I've seen since pre-December :P

Luckily, I have enjoyed a lot more days like these this Winter than most places.

Dec 11th
    Dec 24th
    Jan 7th
    Jan 8th
    Jan 11th
    Jan 14th
    Jan 20th
    Jan 22nd
    Jan 30th
    Feb 10th

^ Wow... I didn't think there was that much. This will be the most remarkable Winter in my records if February turns out mild which it will do. That's what I don't want for Spring!

I want Spring to be a very benign Spring like 2014 with nothing extreme!

It's been worse than usual here this winter. Have been listening to the Dublin based radio stations more than once in the morning talking about the beautiful cloudless morning they have while I drive through the drizzle.

It's been worse than usual here this winter. Have been listening to the Dublin based radio stations more than once in the morning talking about the beautiful cloudless morning they have while I drive through the drizzle.

Yep. Bro if you were in Dublin on January 22nd, you would feel like you're in Spain. It was that warm with the daytime temperature AND the sun blazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

A balmy 7C here in Dublin Port at the moment. Even had to turn the heating off I was that warm!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Anyone get some snow last nite?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Just an icing sugar dusting overnight near Roundwood. Had the beefy shower yesterday afternoon which caused a bit of mayhem!

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Gorgeous clear day over the country visible on Nasa image , with a few snow covered peaks.

ScreenHunter_215%20Feb.%2015%2014.21.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Beautiful! Where did you get that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,166 ✭✭✭pad199207

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Yep. Bro if you were in Dublin on January 22nd, you would feel like you're in Spain. It was that warm with the daytime temperature AND the sun blazing!
    Yes and the morning of the 24th. There wasnt much sunshine but it was 16c in ringsend and i was walking around with a t shirt. Couldnt get over the warmth. Obviously urban effect too. But got back to Naas and it was 12c but felt like the arctic!

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

ronnie3585 wrote: »

Its from an Earthdata /Nasa website , new image posted each data around PM , here is a link I store in my browseer favourites :

http://lance-modis.eosdis.nasa.gov/imagery/subsets/?subset=United_Kingdom_Ireland

It has all the history there also from previous days , so most days are obliterated by cloud.
    If you navigate around the website ,Im fairly sure there is global images and more info on who/how they are generated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

ronnie3585 wrote: »

Fair bit of snow on the wicklow mountains on it,the most extensive mountain cover in the country actually on todays sat pic
    Lugnaquilla is visible from Arklow today and looking gorgeously plastered in snow

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

We had a light dusting of frozen graupel on the ground this morning.

Very exciting it was....zzzzzzz....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Lovely day here today, so lovely in fact that i got the 1st cut of the grass done, will finish it off tomorrow if its not to wet, or definitely wednesday, i think its time for spring to kick into gear now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭horsefarm

Temperature dropping (D16)
    currently 1.2c and Dew point -5.5c
    Shame the temps couldn't stay like that when the precipitation arrives tomorrow!

• Advertisement

Only 1.2c at this time? Wow!

Currently 5.6c here with a max of 7.7c here today in glorious sunshine. Light cloud got thicker and thicker from 3pm and the sun was gone by 4:30pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Only 1.2c at this time? Wow!

Currently 5.6c here with a max of 7.7c here today in glorious sunshine. Light cloud got thicker and thicker from 3pm and the sun was gone by 4:30pm.

Aye -1c here in Arklow with another strong frost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Hooter23

According to bbc weather the jet stream will get stronger for the second half of febuary because of very cold air over eastern america moving out over the atlantic...so unsettled for us with depressions to the north bringing rain and wind with temperatures getting milder but also some colder days as the depressions pass by dragging down some colder air at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Yesterday was a lovely winter dat. So nice to see bright sunshine. Not spring but at least dry and bright. Was out early this morning for a run. Back to wind and meh. At least the brightness is getting noticeable at both ends of the day.

Hooter23 wrote: »
    According to bbc weather the jet stream will get stronger for the second half of febuary because of very cold air over eastern america moving out over the atlantic...so unsettled for us with depressions to the north bringing rain and wind with temperatures getting milder but also some colder days as the depressions pass by dragging down some colder air at times.

Back to typical crappy weather we have been getting used to during this Winter AND November

• Registered Users Posts: 7,166 ✭✭✭pad199207

Met Eireamn mentioning Rain turning to Sleet and Snow over the East tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ferretr33

It does not feel to mild out there today with that wind chill.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

yesterday seemed like the one day since the end of October that almost reminded us what winter feels like and a refreshing change from the relentless atlantic muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Water everywhere up here. South Kerry mountains 400 asl .. fields are deep in dark waters, heavy unrelenting downpour and wind rising. Downright hostile environment and if this carries on there will be flooding. The lane is already starting to look like a river. Nasty chill to the air and have given up trying to get warm. There is not an emoticon that matches the mood.. been out thrice to see if the big cat who is "nested" in the rushes wants in but he just rolls in the wet and looks at me., got soaked already bringing him in twice..feral cat is missing a second day so either he is on a spring rampage or bad weather ahead .....range lit early and barley pudding in the oven.. comfort food might help ;) Bitter cold

• Advertisement

Gonzo wrote: »
    yesterday seemed like the one day since the end of October that almost reminded us what winter feels like and a refreshing change from the relentless atlantic muck.

Dec 11th, 13th
    Jan 7th, 8th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 30th

^ Sorry all these days felt like actual Winter here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement