Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Weather 2015/16 : See Mod Note Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Whatever about light flipping sleet its heavy bloody rain all day. A disaster and revenge for the bit of brightness yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Big fall in temperature in the last half hour - Kilkenny hills 220m asl.

High of the day at 22.15 with 8.3C
    22.44 and now it is 5.6C.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭highdef

RobertKK wrote: »
    Big fall in temperature in the last half hour - Kilkenny hills 220m asl.

High of the day at 22.15 with 8.3C
    22.44 and now it is 5.6C.

At 220m, you may well wake up to a pleasant scene

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

km79 wrote: »
    What's the minimum rainfall for a rainfall warning ..........well over 20mm since noon in east galway

24mm between noon & 10pm in Athenry, with 29.7mm here in Tuam since 11am - and it's still pissing, albiet lighter than earlier.

New Moon

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Its been raining non stop here since 11am with a total of 16.5mm recorded. Temp still a mild 9.8c.

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Temps at 10pm, defined cold front over central belt of the country.

obs.png

probably best to ignore that 20 in Wicklow, seems a little out of place..

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Temps at 10pm, defined cold front over central belt of the country.

obs.png

probably best to ignore that 20 in Wicklow, seems a little out of place..

Sorry, that's prob my grow house causing that, gonna turn it down a bit, Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭highdef

Mech1 wrote: »
    Sorry, that's prob my grow house causing that, gonna turn it down a bit, Thanks.

Ah I'd say it's a Fohn effect wind ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

12 hours of non stop rain
    Oh joy

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭horsefarm

8 degrees here in South Dublin

I'm not feeling the snow vibe at all tonight. It's still nearly 7C at 260M and absolutely lashing rain (s Dublin)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,140 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

1 degree at knock at 11pm, snow on the way there by morning

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

horsefarm wrote: »
    I'm not feeling the snow vibe at all tonight. It's still nearly 7C at 260M and absolutely lashing rain (s Dublin)

Lashing rain here now , the Dublin and Wicklow mountains may get snow but that's all I suspect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

horsefarm wrote: »

The cold front is approaching from the north west. Close enough to Dublin now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Much colder now in the NW / W , still 5.2c here near Tralee.

28.4mm so far

pU3VLrA.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Aye, enough cold will filter into that rainband overnight in the east alright

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

Wet snow falling in Loughrea, not sticking (yet!) as ground is saturated after solid day of rain

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Raining here and the temp has plunged from a cosy 9C to a frigid 6C in the past hour.....total rain today 8.4mm

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Wet snow here for the last couple of hours, didn't stick at first as ground too wet now ground is white and flakes much smaller and drier 0.1C dp. -1.0

S.E. Sligo 255m asl

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Temp starting to dive here with a drop from 9.2 to 7.9 in 5 mins, Also the heaviest rain of the event so far.

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭lolie

Still raining fairly heavy and turning increasingly sleety here in South cavan.
    Edit: proper snow now, trying to stick to car roof.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

The rain has been relentless here in West Cork. They have issues a yellow flood warning for Bandon. I hope there is no damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Rain still belting down in north meath, this has been as persistent and heavy as any spell we've had over the winter.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

raining now close to 14 hours non stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Belfast International Airport (BFS) reporting light snow and 0c at 01:50. Could be accumulations with the percip left to go.

Its been reporting rain snow before that since 00:50.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭lolie

Quite a decent decent covering of snow here with a layer of slush on the road.
    Roads will be dodgy in a few hours if it freezes.
    378005.jpg
    378006.jpg
    378007.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

wet snow falling here now but far too wet for anything to stick, looks like were near the end of the precipitation as well as the front is clearing off into the Irish sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Snow in north meath and its on the ground, great, wont finish cutting the grass today, and more field flooding when it melts as soon as the sun turns up along with everywhere just been a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Lovely icey rain in Galway city, will make the walk from the Carpark very fresh. Has some potential for higher ground inland.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Just read through post since yesterday afternoon. Oh MY! Lack of good sunlight causes mood changes of course...Just checked kerry cocotwitter and AT LAST they cottoned on to the fact and reported flooding.. Not seen the scenery yet today but there has been more and more rain overnight. Opened the door very early just to see and the cat shot in like a bat out of hell! He must have seen the light go on.. The feral has still not appeared after three days; they are wise these critters. Deferring any outing myself; very much " under the weather" so a spectator day...Surely this has to end sometime... PLEASE!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Quite a bit of snow in Cavan this morning

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement