Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panda Online Billing

Options
  • 25-08-2015 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭

Along with my last paper bill Panda included a letter asking me to sign up for online billing - via email

Now waste disposal bills are not exactly sensitive data, but I don't know of any other utility sending out bills by email - all others offer some form of email notification to say that your bill is available in your online account, and to log on to view it.

Now personally I would not be too concerned about this, but the idea of making a significant reduction in the admin costs of Panda, without them sharing some of the cost saving with me, is not very attractive - has anyone had any success at negotiating a discount in exchange for accepting paperless billing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

in business I get most invoices sent by email - fairly standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Quite common in business to have invoices sent by email. Self-service appplications (i.e. where you log in to see your invoices) involve a lot more setup. It probably depends on their billing system - some systems will have a self-service module, and others won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭homer911

I think both posts are missing the point - business invoices are corporate, non-personal. Personal invoices are quite different and may fall under Data Protection legislation

Advertisement