Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ad Astra Academic

Options
  • 25-08-2015 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hey, just wondering if anyone here had their interviews over the last few days and how they went. Had mine today. Thought they were all very nice but don't really know what they were looking for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Im in Ad Astra, going into second year. This year is the first year theyve had an application process, before it was automatic once you got 625, so i cant speak much about what theyre looking for but I just wanted to say good-luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Header15

Thanks! Just got word today that I'm one of fourteen who have been accepted. Apparently around 200 applications and 23 called for interview. Kind of shocked when I heard that. Delighted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Header15 wrote: »
    Thanks! Just got word today that I'm one of fourteen who have been accepted. Apparently around 200 applications and 23 called for interview. Kind of shocked when I heard that. Delighted :D

Congrats! :D Are you going to be living on campus? Theres a spare spot in my apartment (all ad astras live togeter) and Im curious to see what first year I end up with :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Header15

I already have a house organised for this year but maybe next year. I'm afraid you won't have the honour of my presence but you can always dream :P

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭FHB

Wow only 14 this year? There were like 40 last year. I guess having to apply meant that a lot of people who did get 6 A1s missed out due to not applying. Even so, only 14 of 23 getting it seems pretty strict too. Looks like it's gonna get super exclusive over the next few years then.

Congrats anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Doctorhopeful

FHB wrote:
    Wow only 14 this year? There were like 40 last year. I guess having to apply meant that a lot of people who did get 6 A1s missed out due to not applying
    yup, i never applied and have been kicking myself so hard, it's a pretty sneaky way for ucd to reduce the number of places each year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3 finnjo

Hey guys,

It says here that in order to apply, you must submit a form talking about "one of your most outstanding extra-curricular achievement(s)", do they expect you to have solved world hunger or what are the typical achievements that successful ad Astra scholars have on their cv that get them the scholarship.

Sorry to bring up a dead forum, I look forward to hearing from you.

Advertisement