Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Label everything!

Options
  • 25-08-2015 8:02pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A plea to parents of primary school children to label everything, pencils, twistables, coats, jumpers, ties, lunch boxes and anything else they have. And don't think it's only needed for infants.

The amount of lost property up through most schools would make your eyes (and wallet) water. And how is a teacher to adjudicate as to who owns one of 20 similar items that 4 kids SWEAR is theirs? :D:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭zeffabelli

Thanks, was just thinking about this. That's my Wednesday night sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Keep an eye on Groupan or similar, I bought a deal for cute name stickers for my son's stuff. They're really good as they don't wash off lunchboxes & things when they are being washed which is a bonus :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Keep an eye on Groupan or similar, I bought a deal for cute name stickers for my son's stuff. They're really good as they don't wash off lunchboxes & things when they are being washed which is a bonus :)

Lol, I'm such a miserable fecker, i just used a sharpie!!! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

For smaller children a little picture beside their name can help, if they don't recognise their name.

Either way, if the name is on the item, there's a much greater chance it will return! And don't forget things like hats and gloves, people often make a great burst labeling stuff for the start of the school year and then forget to label things later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Lol, I'm such a miserable fecker, i just used a sharpie!!! :D

So did I last year but after multiple washes it eventually comes off. Labels cost as much a sharpie so out of laziness I bought labels ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

For play school children..Please write their names on their drinks and make sure they can recognise their lunch box. It saves a lot of time and confusion as all lunches go in the fridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭zeffabelli

Where do you get labels for uniform items....iron on or stitch on...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

That was my Monday evening. Although I just realised I didn't label his jumper. Well with the rain we've been having all morning I don't think he'll be taking it off today anyway!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

zeffabelli wrote: »
    Where do you get labels for uniform items....iron on or stitch on...

I get mine from wovenlabels.co.uk but https://www.mystuff.ie/ and https://www.mynametags.ie are both irish.

I use a sharpie for the school bags and lunch boxes and I tie a ribbon to the school bag as chances are more then 2 will have the same bag!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Aldi have a label maker going on sale tomorrow as well as plastic, paper and iron on labels. Might be of use to some! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement