Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish tourist has a run in with some Turkish shopkeepers

• 25-08-2015 9:21pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

An Irish tourist pulls too hard on a fridge door and causes a load of water bottles to fall to the floor. The shopkeeper is not too pleased and goes at him with a bat. Scuffle ensues, he knocks out one of the Turks, eats a few chair shots and gets whacked out of it stick and poles.

Good to see we are making friends abroad anyway!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Good on him. Pity he didn't floor a few more of them

Shopkeepers in Turkey are fcuking unreal. If you looked at them sideways they'd chase you down the road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Fair play to your man I say, balls of steel! There was no need for those pricks to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭ron jambo

He kinda had no choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

scum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Doesn't look Irish.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 647 ✭✭✭RichardCeann

ron jambo wrote: »
    He kinda had no choice.

He goes marching back down to the crowd at 1.46 in the video!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Jan Laco

Nice as pie until you make a simple mistake those two faced Turks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭ron jambo

He goes marching back down to the crowd at 1.46 in the video!
    What else would you do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 647 ✭✭✭RichardCeann

ron jambo wrote: »
    What else would you do.

Got the fuck out of dodge. They were backing away at that stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Fair play to him but pity he didn't have more mates with him to give them all a good baiting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

lol.. Apparently "Irishman" (Irlandali) is top trending in Turkey. And even they are singing the guy's praises

http://trends24.in/turkey/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Holy ****, that's a lot of angry people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Dead right too, stand up to those cûnts.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

A couple of my work mates were in turkey recently. All nice as pie until you say no to one of the ****ers apparatly. Aggressive "you buy you buy" types. Fair play to yer man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Not excusing the shopkeepers actions but who the fcuk opens a fridge like that?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Fair play. No need for yer man to bring the bat out like that at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

SeaFields wrote: »
    Not excusing the shopkeepers actions but who the fcuk opens a fridge like that?!

Somebody with a few too many in them, usually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,020 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Them "men" in Turkey are so frustrated that they will spoil for a fight to get their rocks off anytime. Never see a woman in a shop. Funny that!

Most Turkish people are grand. The shopkeepers can do your head in though.

Still, why anyone would go to Turkey on a holiday is beyond me. Must be the cheap drink or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

Well that was quite the Turkish Delight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭buckwheat

Them "men" in Turkey are so frustrated that they will spoil for a fight to get their rocks off anytime. Never see a woman in a shop. Funny that!

Most Turkish people are grand. The shopkeepers can do your head in though.

Still, why anyone would go to Turkey on a holiday is beyond me. Must be the cheap drink or something.

Istanbul is a fantastic city. Have you ever been?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

He done the nation proud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,882 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

That's a fantastic effort just after 1:10

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Doesn't look Irish.

was gona post that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Who in the name of Jesus Allah edited that video?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

SeaFields wrote: »

Own fridge door gets stuck like that sometimes. The bastardin suction keeps it shut. When sober too !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

Why is everyone siding with the irish fella.. He opened the fridge too hard and instead of saying sorry and helping out to put the water back into the fridge, he starts a confrontation with the owner. Any decent human being would have just kept his head down and put the water back into the fridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Am I the only one who thinks he looks like Kenny Powers?

buckwheat wrote: »
    Istanbul is a fantastic city. Have you ever been?

Yes many years ago now though. It was amazing and a bit scary because it was Sooo big and different. I enjoyed it because it was a working city, not a holiday resort. Although it was geared up for tourists and rightly so, the Hagia Sofia, the Blue Mosque and the boat over the Bosphorous were experiences alright. And great fun too.

But the holiday resorts are a different matter. Been there too, once, Never again.

In the holiday resorts the indigenous women are hidden away for some reason, I am female, and I found that a bit strange, apart from the macho man thing looking for a European woman all the time, every time, it was unreal.

But there we are. Perception is 90% of reality. But that is my experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Fol20 wrote: »
    Why is everyone siding with the irish fella.. He opened the fridge too hard and instead of saying sorry and helping out to put the water back into the fridge, he starts a confrontation with the owner. Any decent human being would have just kept his head down and put the water back into the fridge.

Jaysus it's like play time during midnight express. Sure Shirla burla loike!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

brevity wrote: »
    Well that was quite the Turkish Delight.

2/10 at best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Unlike some of you I have never experienced unpleasantness from a Turk or a Turkish Cypriot. I can't say the same about Greeks or Greek Cypriots. But having seen the video more power to this guy for standing up to the bullying.
    Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Doesn't look Irish.

I would be very disappointed if he's not. If he is we should all be out at the airport to welcome him back. And somebody should tell Billy Walsh about him :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

some of this is true

but its a bit much to go after someone with bats and chairs for knocking over a few bottles

I have heard similar stories about Turkey before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

False flag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Celtic supporters or maybe Shamrock Rovers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

Who in the name of Jesus Allah edited that video?

Allah , everything that happens is Allah will.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

Did they get all the water back in the fridge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

no , any decent human being would ask why the fridge is not "tied" to the wall - it's wobbly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

the guy with the green and white top appeared with a lump of timber 5 seconds after the tourist opened the door. I'm not sure he had too much of a chance to apologise.

Turkish people are great.

Outside of the resorts that is.

Resort folk are after your money, your women and your dignity. They don't give a dam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Lol at the little bitch in the gray tshirt whacking your man with the bat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

the guy with the green and white top appeared with a lump of timber 5 seconds after the tourist opened the door. I'm not sure he had too much of a chance to apologise.

Yes he did show up with a bat fairly quick however the other guy was giving out to him instead of trying to at least help clean up the mess. Even if it is the shops fault i would still help them clean up. In this case though its 50/50. the shop should have secured the fridge better however the guy shouldnt be having a game of tug of war with the fridge either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

I was there in June of this year off a cruise ship. Nothing but hassle and done royally by a taxi driver on the way back to the boat. Taxi cost €10 on the way into town and nearly €50 on the way out due to "traffic".

My wife was also done being accused of handing the bent taxi driver 5 turkish lira instead of €50, the colours are the same.

Some of the Turks are very nasty conmen and others are at pains to point out that we are all "brothers".

No one gets left alone and in peace in this hell on Earth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

The size of him compared to them.....its a bit like that scene in Jason and the Argonauts when he's fighting the skeletons

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

the guy with the green and white top appeared with a lump of timber 5 seconds after

He's a real proponent of the 'speak softly but carry a big stick' school of diplomacy.

I take it that fridge is not bolted into anything because the store owner pushes it out on to public area which he doesn't own and then locks it away inside when closing up.

Yes he did show up with a bat fairly quick however the other guy was giving out to him instead of trying to at least help clean up the mess. Even if it is the shops fault i would still help them clean up. In this case though its 50/50. the shop should have secured the fridge better however the guy shouldnt be having a game of tug of war with the fridge either.

would your first reaction to some spilled water be to grab a piece of timber?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Jesus those street traders sure have short fuses, you can see where the expression 'turning Turk' comes from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Why anyone would go to any turkish, egyptian, tunisian or moroccan resort town is beyond me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

The video is from the 1st August.

If that dude was Irish, we'd know who he is by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,619 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I'd have taken refuge in the feckin fridge.

Why anyone would go to any turkish, egyptian, tunisian or moroccan resort town is beyond me

I've only been to morocco but never ever go to Agadir. A kip. Marrakesh was nice though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement