Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Affordable retinol products?!

Options
  • 25-08-2015 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

I got a Retinol product in a beauty box and found it brill.
    Does anyone recommend a good 'affordable' Retinol product?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Retinol reface by Indeed Labs or I use MD3 retinol serum with 2% retinol,got it for €19 on a grabone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

Retinals are useless. They dont go deep enough into the skin to make a difference. They also have to be converted to another substance for them to be effective. But they dont have meaningful results. Here is a video from a dermatologist about it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJE090r7RPM

Use a AHA like Glycolic acid. That is actually effective

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Lunaarli

newacc2015 wrote: »
    Retinals are useless. They dont go deep enough into the skin to make a difference. They also have to be converted to another substance for them to be effective. But they dont have meaningful results. Here is a video from a dermatologist about it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJE090r7RPM

Use a AHA like Glycolic acid. That is actually effective

Oh! Thanks. I thought they were the be all and end all of products!
    Can you recommend some good glycolic products?! :rolleyes::confused::D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Lunaarli wrote: »
    Oh! Thanks. I thought they were the be all and end all of products!
    Can you recommend some good glycolic products?! :rolleyes::confused::D

I saw on a blog of a girl who went to visit the fancy mulroony skin care clinic that she was recommended one called Prescribed Solutions Starting Up Face. She was told only to use it twice a week and it was essential to use a spf 50 everyday while using it. Not an spf moisturiser note but a proper sunscreen called Hellio or something similar.

Anyone used that cleanser by any chance?

Advertisement