Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭seanin4711

review after install plz,love to know if you could lock out the front D shifter for 1x applications

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Yes fitted but haven't done comparison v elite direto as yet - any day now.

165mm arms with 56 oval Passquest Narrow/wide 1 x chainring for TT season.

Caveat is its 4 bolt only.

They do a 5bolt but its 100+ euro more.

I had the Kickstarter single sided PM from Magene from a few years back,but wanted a more refined product.

bought from panda podium for €285 including all shipping and customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,961 ✭✭✭cletus

Waiting on a bb tool to be delivered from bike-discount. If it's not here in the next day or two, I'll be leaving the bearings in until after Gravel Grind West

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭fat bloke

I'm gone a bit mad on the spending lately, so much so I've had to create an xl sheet to keep track of what I've ordered and when they're due for delivery.

A load of protein muck from one crowd.

A bargain Bora Hansgruhe S-works prevail 3 helmet and a new pair of Shimano RH7 shoes from bikediscount - some good bargains there at the minute.

Shorts and Jerseys from Le Col - taking a punt on sizing.

Some miscellanous stuff from Temu - a knock off Garmin strap, a quad lock style phone holder and a punt on an uber cheap pair of Poc -alike glasses.

A pair of Garmins Rallye power pedals (single sided) - direct from Garmin as part of a trade-in, trade up offer.

And finally a pair of Specs from Victory Chimp which got a mention in a web article on budget eyewear for the bike - Lots of companies now selling largely the same stuff but Victory Chimp claim to provide a prescription lens holder as part of the package. So - we'll see sure.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Gilna opticians in IFSC have had non-issue glazing those types of behind glasses inserts for me. Planet x had a range of them and I had cheap rockbros ones too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭G1032

Contacted Elite about a couple of weeks ago about a knocking sound coming from my turbo. It's 4 year old Elite Turbo Muin (direct drive but not a smart trainer)

Anyway, they wanted a video in which they could hear the sound. They don't know exactly what the cause is but most likely the 2 bearings and or bearing shaft that are worn (common enough issue it seems).

So they said they'd ship the 2 bearings, the bearing shaft, replacement oil, and the oil drum o-ring.

It was shipped from Italy yesterday morning and just got notification from DHL that it's been delivered! Impressive.

Post edited by G1032 on

New rear tyre. Put a hole in the one that's on the bike that's not quite holding a plug. Ended up replugging the same hole 4 times on Saturday

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Garmin 1040 Solar. A replacement for my existing one that developed issues during Beara last weekend.

Absolutely no dispute or discussion from them - they just said they would replace it. A lot of companies should take note of this kind of customer service!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭JMcL

Out of curiosity was the 1040 still in warranty? I've a 530 which started giving grief with the barometer just after the warranty period and I've been trying all the suggested fixes to no avail

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

It was still in warranty. I got it in November but although they probably saw that on their screen, they didn't ask me.

It's worth calling them (UK number but they can call you back) - the worst they can say is No!

Stainless steel bearings from Enduro for my bottom bracket

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭G1032

Not quite the same thing (value wise) but my Dual HRM started acting up a while ago. Same outcome as you. New one sent out, no questions asked (apart from proof of purchase).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭secman

Wahoo tickyr, I let the unit fall and it just wouldn't stay on. Had it 3.5 years. Ordered new one on Wed direct from Wahoo, arrived Sat late morning, just after my spin.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I found Garmin OK to deal with and have heard they are worth calling if not long out of warranty as they probably realise that it should last longer than the warranty.

Just got on to them now and apparently it's actually still in warranty, so I'll send it back to them and they'll send me a refurb replacement. Top customer service indeed - very few questions asked, just to see a single activity where the elevation was out and they came straight back with the offer.

They replaced a Garmin 1030 that was well out warranty on mine because some had a screen burn issue ( still fully functional though) . They replaced any affected units and had no time frame.

I only stumbled upon it.

Course I scratched my new screen but still

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭byrnem31

Got these spd cycling shoes for 14 quid last week. They have gone back up in price since. It's worth taking a chance for €14 plus it's a cheap father's day present. Anyone ever get cheap chinese shoes ? Any use please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,648 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

The cheap Chinese shoes usually have a massive amount of flex in the sole, and are really prone to hotspots. Can also be pretty shìte for breathability, as well as just poor quality stitching and materials etc

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭byrnem31

Cool thanks. I'll keep them for the turbo trainer. I have a pair of shimano shoes there for long spins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Maldotrextin 2.5kgs

Fructose 2kgs

€40 delivered which roughly works out about €1 per 90gms of carb per bottle.

120mm FSA non series stem for the Merida Reacto.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

A Beeline Navigation

Crutch (cheap) Pannier Shopping Bags

Thousand Kids Helmet with Sticker Pack - for the niece

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭Plastik

• Registered Users Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭Macy0161

If you mix yourself, whatever you want! I personally go 40g Malto/ 30g Fructose in a 500ml bottle, plus a scoop of electrolyte powder. Dash of squash for flavour. Fructose harder to get post brexit - no longer available with bulk/ myprotein, when I look at least. Last few orders have come from Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭wijam

Nutrition, nutrition, nutrition

• 150 bars across Clif Bar, Torq Bars & Flapjacks and High5 Bars
    • 48 Powerbar PowerGels Shots packets - box of raspberry and orange
    • PowerBar Isoactive Red Fruit Punch 1.3kg
    • PowerBar Protein Deluxe - Strawberry and Vanilla .5kg each

Getting everything in place for my Irish Coastal Charity Cycle that kicks off in two weeks, just need to box up weekly supplies and send them out to different hotels etc

Then two spare tyres and 4 spare tubes to add to the bill - this thing is costing me a bomb 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭dahat

60gms malto/ 30 gms fructose for me with half electrolyle tab in each bottle for 90gms cho.The body can only breakdown malto in 60gm doses so that's why fructose is added to increase CHO to 90gms.

Yes, the fructose comes from Spain & Malto wherever you can find it cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Not sure if already posted but I ordered a cassette from Merlin Cycles and parts are now shipped from Europe so took a week for delivery.

Also they now have a minimum spend of 150.00, another UK site removed from my go-to list :-(

Yeah, the €150 minimum is a pain. I'd have used them quite a bit before as they often have good reductions on stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Dr.Tom

Another pair of Assos GT bib shorts. Badly needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭devonp

set of Campag jockey wheels (for my aging Chorus group) from Condor

Advertisement