Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Boscoirl wrote: »
    Purchased it Sat from Rose Bikes

Got a dispatch Mail on Monday, with a tracking code for DHL, update on Tuesday 8am from DHL saying its handed over to local courier (an post)

Aaannnddd..... All has gone dark:(

I guess it doesn't help to tell you that it was 229 euro on evancycles :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    New wheel bearings for my Campag Khasmins. Ordered from Ribble 31.03 and no sign of them yet (sent standard mail - only option)- email to customer care has gone unanswered.

Anyone previous experience of them with parts?

I ordered the same bearings for the same wheels plus some other components just yesterday from Ribble.

Dispatched email received last night and i got a SMS from DPD today saying they would be here tomorrow. I used the last of my free Parcel Wizard deliveries for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

jon1981 wrote: »
    I guess it doesn't help to tell you that it was 229 euro on evancycles :p

I will find you ! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

Nanoflex Pro bib shorts from Wiggle: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/castelli-exclusive-nanoflex-pro-bib-shorts/

Cycled Maynooth to Galway and back again at the weekend, and had to choose between maintaining a comfortable temperature (wind, rain and cold, and my better shorts were all much lighter) or a comfortable posterior, and the former won out. Given how much a gabba helped on the top half, these were hard to resist when they're cheaper than the nanoflex 2, and have the better pad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Alanbt

cython wrote: »
    Nanoflex Pro bib shorts from Wiggle: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/castelli-exclusive-nanoflex-pro-bib-shorts/

Cycled Maynooth to Galway and back again at the weekend, and had to choose between maintaining a comfortable temperature (wind, rain and cold, and my better shorts were all much lighter) or a comfortable posterior, and the former won out. Given how much a gabba helped on the top half, these were hard to resist when they're cheaper than the nanoflex 2, and have the better pad.

Ordered these yesterday too! Seemed too good to pass up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

I ordered the same bearings for the same wheels plus some other components just yesterday from Ribble.

Dispatched email received last night and i got a SMS from DPD today saying they would be here tomorrow. I used the last of my free Parcel Wizard deliveries for it.

First time ordering from ribble, but don't remember seeing a courier option. Would have happily paid the few quid for tracked delivery that arrives quicker - I do this as standard with Chainreaction, wiggle etc.

Anyway they came back to me to say after 10 days they're declared lost, which is tomorrow. They've also suggested I check my local sorting office, but I had them delivered to work. So never any issues with receipt of stuff - small office.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

the same helmet I bought two weeks ago - a size bigger (doh!)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

First time ordering from ribble, but don't remember seeing a courier option. Would have happily paid the few quid for tracked delivery that arrives quicker - I do this as standard with Chainreaction, wiggle etc.

Anyway they came back to me to say after 10 days they're declared lost, which is tomorrow. They've also suggested I check my local sorting office, but I had them delivered to work. So never any issues with receipt of stuff - small office.

I've bought wheels from Ribble in the past and had no issues, but have noticed lately that for larger packages the post office just drops in a 'we attempted to deliver' note without even trying to deliver. I'm surprised they'd send out anything worth more than a few quid untracked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

speedplay pedals & cleats...again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

As i was using DPD parcel Wizard i put my address as the UK(Northern Ireland virtual address) so maybe it gave me a different option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ptr_84

Mercatone uno cap. I'm such a fred

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

cython wrote: »

These arrived today, and while I thought I was gambling on size (XL, and I have XXL in the Endurance X2's which are snug), the reviews proved to be on the money about the X2's being snug, and these being less so, and they're right up there with the best fitting shorts I own based on a quick try on. Not to mention that the longer than average legs mean they actually come down to just above my knees, which at 6'3" tall seems to rarely be a given in cycling kit!

Garmin 520 - delivered already ... yay :)

Now waiting on that 75 euro delivered deal of 2 Conit gp4000s tyres + 2 tubes

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

31.6 carbon 'no name' seatpost with set back from Aliexpress! I had been using an inline seatpost and gradually as I got more agile/fitter had been moving it rearwards but now its at the limit of the rails and I need it further back so new seatpost required.

Kask Mojito helmet.... whilst I've had no problem throwing money at wheels, garmin...etc. I've ignored the safety side of things for too long so decided to bin my 6 yr old Bell entry level helmet which has seen better days!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭dahat

jon1981 wrote: »
    Kask Mojito helmet.... whilst I've had no problem throwing money at wheels, garmin...etc. I've ignored the safety side of things for too long so decided to bin my 6 yr old bell entry level helmet which has seen better days!

Cracking helmet, money well spent imo.

dahat wrote: »
    Cracking helmet, money well spent imo.

I hope it never does :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭dahat

superlav wrote: »
    Aluminium mounting plate to replace broken Garmin 810 mounting tabs from http://www.dogearsgps.com

Around €24 delivered, a lot cheaper than a new Garmin!!

Just ordered one of these myself. Assume it fixed your Garmin as it promised?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

An entire bike. Pulled the trigger on the old stock Guerciotti Khaybar on planet X. They price dropped by nearly 300 quid as I was browsing so I went for it. It's last gen, 20 speed, but it's got SRAM Red Shifters, Derailleurs, Rival Crank. Might need to upgrade the brakes, but otherwise think I got a good deal as I can keep my rarely used light wheelset and put them on here. Early Birthday present!

Guerciotti Khaybar

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

^^^^^^^^^^
    Lovely looking bike. All reference to it on Planet x seems to be gone now.
    How much did you get it for?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Eamonnator wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    Lovely looking bike. All reference to it on Planet x seems to be gone now.
    How much did you get it for?

I paid 800 for it in GBP, so with delivery about €1050. Had I paid in euro, an extra 100-200 I think. Having only ever used Shimano, part of me is not sure how good a deal I got but I nearly spent more for a lot less.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Limited edition Charge Spoon
    charge-spoon-ltd-edition-sdl-black-green.jpeg

Charge Knife
    charge_knife_blk.jpg
    Vittoria Corsa G+ tyres
    Vittoria-Corsa-25-Graphene-002.jpg
    Vittoria Open Pave CG tyres.
    s-l300.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Weepsie wrote: »
    I paid 800 for it in GBP, so with delivery about €1050. Had I paid in euro, an extra 100-200 I think. Having only ever used Shimano, part of me is not sure how good a deal I got but I nearly spent more for a lot less.

Great price. I'm a big fan of Sram.
    I had 10 speed Sram Red on a Planet X. Four years heavy use, never missed a beat.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,133 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

1046.jpg

Now in the back of the car rather than the post. Still have to size it against the 11yo and 12yo - whoever fits it will get it, and the other one will have to wait:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭G1032

Ordered a jersey and a pair of socks from Galibier today.
    €42 posted for the two.
    Ordered at 10 past 11 this morning and got the dispatch confirmation mail a few minutes ago.

Lanterne Rouge Jersey -

384871.jpg

Socks

384872.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭thekerrycyclist

A pair of Zondas, I hear good things!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

Park tools spoke wrench on the way, the crappy middle of the road one I have been using for the last year started wrecking nipples. Note to self: when buying tools choose quality over discount %.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

A pair of Zondas, I hear good things!

they are fantastic :D

i currently have nothing en route, time to start shopping ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

A pair of Rivelo shorts for the missis, and two GP4000s tyres, all from my usual pusher at SportPursuit 8-)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,133 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Beasty wrote: »
    Still have to size it against the 11yo and 12yo - whoever fits it will get it, and the other one will have to wait:pac:
    Same size for both, so this is now on its way:

850.jpg

Advertisement