Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Beasty wrote: »
    1046.jpg

Now in the back of the car rather than the post. Still have to size it against the 11yo and 12yo - whoever fits it will get it, and the other one will have to wait:pac:
    Beasty wrote: »
    Same size for both, so this is now on its way:

850.jpg

@ Beasty - would you consider adopting me?

begging.jpg

My father was a great believer in delayed gratification which only served to help me develop feelings of bitterness and rage at a young age......

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Swanky looking leather saddle from Planet-X - reduced from €140 to €30.

SASESIT_P1.jpg
    photo upload sites

Special feature is this amazingly useless piece of technology within - 'Hold your NFC-equipped smartphone up to the tail of the saddle and an app will verify that this is an original and show you details about the saddle and how to care for it.'

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭spoke2cun

2 pairs of shoe covers at €3 a pair. €19 a pair in LBS!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

i currently have nothing en route, time to start shopping ;)

all has changed, changed utterly.

water bottle
    summer jersey
    commuting shorts
    shoe covers

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

spoke2cun wrote: »
    2 pairs of shoe covers at €3 a pair. €19 a pair in LBS!

where

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

yes, do tell, where did you get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭saccades

Scwalbe The 1 - Tubeless 28c

Lezyne mid sized stuffed saddle bag (multi-tool & levers included) to replace the birzman F1 hardshell that's been brilliant but the clip thing got overstressed by me forcing it when adjusting the saddle. :picard:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭G1032

G1032 wrote: »
    Ordered a jersey and a pair of socks from Galibier today.
    €42 posted for the two.
    Ordered at 10 past 11 this morning and got the dispatch confirmation mail a few minutes ago

These arrived today. Superb quality jersey I have to say. I've a base layer, jersey, socks and shoe covers now from Galibier and the quality of all is superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭Macy0161

G1032 wrote: »
    These arrived today. Superb quality jersey I have to say. I've a base layer, jersey, socks and shoe covers now from Galibier and the quality of all is superb.
    I think the "G" in G1032 stands for Galibier at this stage! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭G1032

Macy0161 wrote: »
    I think the "G" in G1032 stands for Galibier at this stage! :)

Well ya can't be a boardsie these days without owning Galibier gear!! :) We should all be getting discounts!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

Pair of Pave 28s with icon Ultras from Superstarcomponents. Also a pair of GP 4000's and a 105 11/28 cassette.

godtabh wrote: »
    where

EBay. Light windproof. I got two years wear from previous ones. LBS 500% profit! Not from me LOL

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Went to two large cycle stores with cash in my pocket to buy first cycling shoes and pedals. Tried on a few size shoes in both without any sign of anyone to give help or advice.

Prices were pretty steep anyway, so, now I know my size, CRC are sending me shoes and pedals. :)

Dades wrote: »
    Went to two large cycle stores with cash in my pocket to buy first cycling shoes and pedals. Tried on a few size shoes in both without any sign of anyone to give help or advice.

Prices were pretty steep anyway, so, now I know my size, CRC are sending me shoes and pedals. :)

Nice one dades

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

2 pairs of sunglasses and a Northwave lightish gilet. Think i,ll be ordering a few short sleeve jerseys in the next while as I have a collection of long sleeves and only 2 short sleeves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

New bib shorts from Galibier. Ordered them yesterday afternoon (Sunday) and got a email last night confirming they'd been dispatched.

An email from the courier this morning said they would be delivered before midday today so I'm hoping that they are there when I get home.

That's impressively quick! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭The Cycling pianist

Brake caliper, brake pads, cables and two sets of handlebar tape, all for my latest project. Have a track bike sitting in the shed unused and unloved, so I'm turning it into a commuter

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭pedro_colnago

A set of pave 28s from superstar components (25% off)
    A cratoni C-Pace TT helmet for €61 (reduced from 150-200) from sport pursuit (they destroy my credit card balance regularly!)..... Damn bargains!!! but if the helmet helps me break my goal of a sub 25 minute 10 mile TT il be happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Got a bunch of stuff yesterday, including a Rivelo jersey from Sportpursuit. Really nice piece of kit, but I ordered a Small somehow. Doh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭omri

Abus Tec-Tical Pro V2 Bora Argon from merlin cycles at €90 with free delivery which hopefully was the cheapest you can find. Kask Protone lost the battle of looks with it but at just under half the price plus improved looks on the head I shouldn't complain.

20204_bora_argon_18_tec_tical_pro_2_team_cycling_helmet_2015.jpg

Ritchey seat post, thomson seat clamp and GCN cap - from merlin as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭pedro_colnago

PaulieC wrote: »
    Got a bunch of stuff yesterday, including a Rivelo jersey from Sportpursuit. Really nice piece of kit, but I ordered a Small somehow. Doh!

Use it as an excuse to get it in a bigger size and buy more stuff also!! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Use it as an excuse to get it in a bigger size and buy more stuff also!! ;-)

exactly what I did :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

neris wrote: »
    2 pairs of sunglasses and a Northwave lightish gilet.

Just got my delivery in the door. They must have been out of big padded envelopes or small boxes in CRC coz the box was nearly half the size of a bike wheel. Bit disappointed with the Gilet as the back is half mesh so not really shower/drizzle proof. Really should read the customer reviews 1st before buying

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭conkennedy

A pair of SIDI Kaos shoes sidi-kaos-road-cycling-shoes-66.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16 struggling1

Replacing parts on my mid-1990's Raleigh Peak, some of which are not made any more by Shimano ;-(
    Ebay for (used) SG-X 46T chainring
    and Rose for rear cassette

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Fireball XL5

From the States - a rear mech hanger for the Merlin Titanium Extralight I imported a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭omri

Broke the piggy bank today:
    Repair stand, helmet, tires + tubes, lock, stem, handlebars, bar tape, bottlecages, few tools, lubes and big bottle of muc-off.

some High-5 hydration tablets and a couple of spare tubes, nothing to exciting!

omri wrote: »
    Broke the piggy bank today:
    Repair stand, helmet, tires + tubes, lock, stem, handlebars, bar tape, bottlecages, few tools, lubes and big bottle of muc-off.
    holy jebus, you went crazy with the shopping altogether!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

KMC X11SL chain from Bike24, not available anywhere else in silver only gold which just looks plain wrong IMO.

Elite 750cl bottle, Assos arse cream, LifeLine self stick puncture repair pathes and Shimano yellow cleats from CRC.

Advertisement