Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

godtabh wrote: »
    Shimano Ultegra 6770 DI2 Front Derailleur. Going to convert the winter bike into either a 10 speed or 11 speed di2. Just double checking the age of the front derailleur and see if its 11 speed compatible.

The front is grand for 10/11

It's the rear you need to change, provided you haven't updated the firmware.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

The front is grand for 10/11

It's the rear you need to change, provided you haven't updated the firmware.

I thought the latest firmware update meant that any 6770 components updated no longer work?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Rapha short sleeve training jersey, need something bright or the missus won't let it in the house.

Particularly like the guarantee with Rapha, might even persuade me to change gear from Castelli

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Gore Jersey - been looking at these on and off for an age before I pulled the trigger.
    51IG8f0-v2L._AC_US320_QL65_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ptr_84

New rear mech, cassette and chain for my mtb.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Captain Scarlet

Seesense Icon Plus lightset.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭omri

The Hornit - from thehornit.com after few close calls from last week where the drivers don't seem to notice a 2m long bicycle. Pity it doesn't shoot lasers..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Heart rate strap for my Garmin 500, the spending on bike related stuff is relentless...

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭spoke2cun

A black and red Merida jersey. To match my bike colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

New gear from Rapha, bought a kit bundle which lops 20% off the price and was then able to take another 20% off with a discount code for doing their survey! Nearly makes it affordable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shamrock2004

Fresh new cleats for the cycling shoes

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Jersey, lock, 2 pairs of gloves, 2 sets of tyres, 3 water bottles, 2 cycling caps, beanie, brake pads, saddle bag & overshoes.

All I needed were the f*^"ing brake pads ; but you've gotta justify that Planet-x delivery cost somehow :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

just arrived, some energy gels and powders.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Galibier Energie bib shorts, €86 but if the quality of a recently purchased Summer jersey and socks is a guide these should be perfect.

Not seen any locals wearing Galibier gear so its my go to brand from here. Really good quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

Bleed kit for the hydraulic brakes on my mtb.

Don't have a clue how to use this equipment...

What could possibly go wrong, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

NickWray wrote: »
    New gear from Rapha, bought a kit bundle which lops 20% off the price and was then able to take another 20% off with a discount code for doing their survey! Nearly makes it affordable.

Seen this post on tuesday evening, done the survey and ordered a pair of their new 'Core' bibshorts 100 euro inc discount with free shipping. They arrived this morning and I tried them out on a 70km spin. Very impressed with them, I have had a few Rapha shorts and these seem like a lighter version of the classic with the pad from the pro-team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭omri

check_six wrote: »
    Bleed kit for the hydraulic brakes on my mtb.

Don't have a clue how to use this equipment...

What could possibly go wrong, right?

Its not that difficult. Check youtube for "bleeding (your brakes brand) disc brakes".

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭AlreadyHome

Garmin 520...back on the bike 3-4 times a week and rewarding myself with some gadgetry to admire my (hopefully!) quickening pace :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭cjonesy1

Garmin 520...back on the bike 3-4 times a week and rewarding myself with some gadgetry to admire my (hopefully!) quickening pace :)

Do you mind me asking who you ordered it from?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭cjonesy1

Do you mind me asking who you ordered it from? And how much?

Halfords seems to be the cheapest I can find (€228)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭AlreadyHome

cjonesy1 wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking who you ordered it from? And how much?

Halfords seems to be the cheapest I can find (€228)

Went for the bundle (both mounts, HR monitor, cadence sensor and speed sensor) for €340 from CRC. Arrived next day free postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

May have to take advantage of the STG drop over the next fews days etc :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,369 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Campagnolo zonda wheels (seeing my 5 year old ksyrium sl needd some serious freewheel tlc again)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Another new set of wheels - Shimano RS81 C24's - decided the stock wheels really had to go 18 months on.

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Hayes disc-brake caliper alignment tool. Oh the excitement.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,497 ✭✭✭✭ted1

2 new chainrings, the ones on the bike have approx 25,000 km on them !!
    Thought it was about time , be interesting to do a side by side comparasion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Castelli bibs & Retro cap following a flurry of emails this morning from various sites all boasting 20% off Castelli until Sunday (went with CRC in the end).

I just couldn't help myself. Having them delivered to work though after being told in the last few days that there was a ban on 'f#cking bicycle packages' coming in the door.......!!

Incidentally, saved an additional €7 by ordering & paying in stg£ not Euros.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Di2 levers. This di2 build is getting there slowly but surely

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

I just couldn't help myself. Having them delivered to work though after being told in the last few days that there was a ban on 'f#cking bicycle packages' coming in the door.......!!

Home Economics or a new Health and Safety policy in the home? :D

Will they notice you blinged up head to toe in all this new gear ha ha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    Home Economics or a new Health and Safety policy in the home? :D

The warning definitely came under the heading of home economics!
    Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    Will they notice you blinged up head to toe in all this new gear ha ha!

If you are clever with your colour choices then the hope is it might go under the radar. Sure the cap goes under my helmet anyway.......!! ;)

Advertisement