Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭guym

Replacement Fizik Kurve Bull saddle from Bike24, will be interesting to see if the new one can survive without the base shell cracking :rolleyes::rolleyes: Most comfortable saddle i've ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Fake Oakley Jawbreaker till funds allow me get the real deal, best glasses i have worn on a bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

New Rose shorts n jersey to match my good bike, 2 tyres, a new chain for the commuter, Hi5 tabs and more tyre patches (Park tb-2).
    Spent a lot of time comparing different sites this morning as a lot have 20% off for the weekend, but couldn't decide which Castelli gear to get, and the Rose site works out cheaper for me as I have a Swiss shipping address

• Registered Users Posts: 23,497 ✭✭✭✭ted1

New Rose shorts n jersey to match my good bike, 2 tyres, a new chain for the commuter, Hi5 tabs and more tyre patches (Park tb-2).
    Spent a lot of time comparing different sites this morning as a lot have 20% off for the weekend, but couldn't decide which Castelli gear to get, and the Rose site works out cheaper for me as I have a Swiss shipping address

I find rose to be the cheapest a bit and they don't bother doing the Harvey Norman type sales that chain reaction do with their tyres etc

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Hager

Galibier Mistral jacket. Hope it lives up to its billing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Silk gloves to go inside my winter cycling gloves and stop the lining sticking to cold wet fingers and turning inside out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Silicone cover & screen protector for my Edge 520 from eBay.
    Hager wrote: »

Great jacket - you won't be needing it for a few months yet though! Don't think I've worn mine since March asI find it very warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭flatface

Hager wrote: »

Ha mine arrived today, fit is great I was worried the arms may be short but they are nice and long.

I've been wearing the foul gillet and find it great but my arms get cold and wet!

The jacket has some nice extra features like the zip pocket. Now if only the weather would turn foul...

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭flatface

Chuchote wrote: »
    Silk gloves to go inside my winter cycling gloves and stop the lining sticking to cold wet fingers and turning inside out.

Have you got a link for these? Wanted to try silk or merino liners. My fingers get really cold in winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭nilhg

flatface wrote: »
    Have you got a link for these? Wanted to try silk or merino liners. My fingers get really cold in winter.

Decathlon do them if you are anywhere close to one over the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

flatface wrote: »

Got them on Amazon - link will have gaps due to my newfound newbie status, but join it up.

https:// www. amazon. co.uk/gp/ product/B001RDJI1G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These were size small, but just search for the name (Jasmine Silk Pure Silk Gloves Thermal Liner Glove Inner Ski Bike Cycle Gloves - or just "silk cycling gloves") and you should find different sizes. They were £8.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

dahat wrote: »
    Fake Oakley Jawbreaker till funds allow me get the real deal, best glasses i have worn on a bike.

Be prepared to be disappointed so. The fakes are cheap and flimsy compared to the real deal.

Be prepared to be disappointed so. The fakes are cheap and flimsy compared to the real deal.

Agreed but they will do for 3/4 weeks till i can get a real pair. Cheapies will do fine for training spins, its my second pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

magnum-cycling-packs60bbb1.jpeg

This tome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

Broke my see.sense back light last week so ordered a shiny new Icon today.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,497 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Chainrings arrived today, see the wear after over 20,000.
    Forgot to order a chain so off to order one know. And will probably grab a tyre too, the front one is pretty worn.
    Picked up some new brake blocks today too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

ted1 wrote: »
    Chainrings arrived today, see the wear after over 20,000.
    Forgot to order a chain so off to order one know. And will probably grab a tyre too, the front one is pretty worn.
    Picked up some new brake blocks today too.

tut tut tut

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/548819/380490.jpg

Close to 40k on that crankset, arms will probably fail from foot rub before rings..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I've a Dura Ace chain and a pair of SH12 cleats on the way. Both my current chain and cleats are well worn.

It'll be interesting to see if I need to replace the cassette once the new chain is fitted - there's 10,000km on the cassette. Thankfully I've a new Ultegra cassette in my 'spare parts box' if needed.

Next purchase will be a pair of Michelin Pro4 tyres.

As the kms roll by the bike is becoming a monthly money pit!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭F.Grimes

Tacx neo trainer! Can't stand sitting at home waiting for a great day to anymore!

Ultegra cassette and a campy lock ring tool!

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

Shimano Carbon shoes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Elite 750cl bottle
    Continental 700/25 tyre
    Vittoria late tube
    Shimano yellow cleats
    Park tool self sticking puncture repair patches.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I've also a pair of Michelin Pro4 V2 Endurance tyres (with free tubes ;) ) on the way from CRC.

I think the timing is now right for a major service on the bike......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

It's been a busy month or so
    1) VIRB, Rivelo Bib Shorts and 2 x GP4 Seasons tyres from Sportspursuit thanks to the 20% extra off code!
    2) New lock from Amazon with the tenner free deal.
    3) New winter jacket from Wiggle
    4) New helmet, shoes, 2 bottles
    And that's just what I can remember! Next due in I think is the jacket

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭jamesd

2 Canyon canibal water bottle holders
    Canyon Garmin holder for stem
    And since I don't have a canyon for them already I had to order a Canyon endurace cf slx 8 di2 in red

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Tree Scape

Galibier Team Bibshorts
    Looking forward to seeing how they stack up, might then plump for some winter gear from them

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Koobcam

Celtic Knot 1000 in a few weeks, and I've realised that my raingear is complete sh*te, so I've bought a dhb rain jersey (basically like a gabba but half the price) and a Gore rain jacket-pretty expensive kit but apparently the business.

Tree Scape wrote: »
    Galibier Team Bibshorts
    Looking forward to seeing how they stack up, might then plump for some winter gear from them

You will love them, i plumped for the Energie ones, well worth the few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

The Mistral jacket bundle deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭AmboMan

1980's Liotto bike frame !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

A pair of Craft Tech bib shorts. in S

Serious bargain at that price. 200+ elsewhere. (Note the justification thing I am doing...)

Advertisement