Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Wiggle essential torque wrench.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

new lenes for my oakleys from revant optics

Are Revant authorised Oakley sellers or are they simply selling lens that fit Oakleys? They have good prices for lens compared to the real deal from Oakley. I'm looking for prizm lens for Jawbreakers and was just going to buy them from ebay (about €25) but don't know if theyre simply coloured plastic or they have proper UV resistance and are shatter proof etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Green SwissStop pads from CRC. Ordered last night before I went to bed and got an email at 07:24 this morning to say they'd been dispatched. Chose the free shipping option too!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭pedro_colnago

I have been threatening to get a mountain bike for a few years and today I went for a spin on my road bike and have been feeling really mentally fried after a long season on the road again this year and the idea of doing mileage over the winter was filling me with dread, so it got me thinking I really need to mix it up the training a bit over the oncoming winter, i was toying the idea of cyclocross but there is a good mountain bike trail local to me so I said Id hit the button on an mtb instead, picked up a cube acid 27.5 with xt and deore gruppo and hydraulic brakes for 809 euro on chain reaction, looking forward to trying mountainbiking for a change but I really need to get the scissors to the damn credit card..... Oh no not that guilty pleasure feeling again....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Anyone know the average delivery time for a wiggle stock item?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

My shiny new cannondale synapse disc! (refreshing the delivery status page all the time!)

it arrived this morning, not packaged very well and the seat stay on the drive side is marked & scratched from the front wheel banging against it.

Waiting on a response from Evans. Not happy right now. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

it arrived this morning, not packaged very well and the seat stay on the drive side is marked & scratched from the front wheel banging against it.

Waiting on a response from Evans. Not happy right now. :mad:

Evans Customer "Service" is quite possibly the worst I have dealt with. I'll need to send a few angry messages on Facebook tomorrow in the hope that they'll finally get around to refunding my return postage on a faulty item.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Topsport Vlaanderen short sleeve jersey (€22) and a couple of matching caps (2.80) from Vermarc outlet

(€10 delivery takes a bit of the shine off it though)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 14,369 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Are Revant authorised Oakley sellers or are they simply selling lens that fit Oakleys? They have good prices for lens compared to the real deal from Oakley. I'm looking for prizm lens for Jawbreakers and was just going to buy them from ebay (about €25) but don't know if theyre simply coloured plastic or they have proper UV resistance and are shatter proof etc etc

They are selling there own lenses NOT oakley genuine lenses. I got them because I can't get replacement oakley for any of my frames. Had some lenses already for my very old straights and they seen fine. The polarising works can't see the car radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

They are selling there own lenses NOT oakley genuine lenses. I got them because I can't get replacement oakley for any of my frames. Had some lenses already for my very old straights and they seen fine. The polarising works can't see the car radio.

I got some ventilated polarised lenses for my Oakleys a few weeks back and they seem very good, no issues with them so far. Price is good, delivery quick and reasonable, so I'm happy enough. I think they're almost better then the original lenses (which were not polarised)

• Advertisement

Prefer nonpolarised wet roads and sun as my eyes don't distinguish the tarmac from puddles in polarised lenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

Evans Customer "Service" is quite possibly the worst I have dealt with. I'll need to send a few angry messages on Facebook tomorrow in the hope that they'll finally get around to refunding my return postage on a faulty item.

I followed up with a call and 30 minutes later got an offer of a new bike, partial refund (around 10% of the purchase price), or voucher (which is of greater value than the refund). Can't complain about the service I received this time tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭pedro_colnago

A Fuji Sportif 1.1 with Shimano 105 and avid bb7 mech disc brakes for €750 on CRC, couldn't resist it. It will hopefully be a solid winter hack in the rain.
    Convinced myself I needed it after I took a small bit of a slide yesterday on a corner in the rain. Said to myself right I need a winter bike with disc brakes for this carry on. (Course ive managed up to now with rims but that kind of thinking is no fun!) I will upgrade the saddle, seat post, stem and wheels once the credit card cools down again.

Fuji Sportif arrived, all good, lovely bike, but they sent the wrong size, so back it goes.....

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭AlreadyHome

Getting prepped for winter. I tell myself every year I won't wait until I'm halfway into a 100km+ icy spin before I decide to pull out the card...

Castelli sorpasso bib tights
    Gripgrab balaclava
    Pearl Izumi elite softshell winter gloves
    Castelli mortirolo 3 windstopper jacket
    Planet X 365X pro carbon vernice shoes

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭The Cycling pianist

42t chainring and a square taper bb from CRC, to go with the recently bought cranks and chain. I'll also probably pick up some more tools tomorrow and then spend most of Monday in the shed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Set of Campag Zondas, got rear ended so that was end of life for my Fulcrum R5's (Couldn't cope with mismatched wheels so replacing both)

Rapid Rob 29er mtb Tyre
    2 X Schwalbe 29er tubes
    Shock pump
    XTR brake pads

All for my new Cube LTD Race 29er 😛

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Ultegra 46/36 crank set.
    Shimano XC70 shoes.
    Topeak pocket rocket pump.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Kevlar pads for the CX bike to replace the existing Shimano resin pads, and also some sintered ones to see how they compare.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭nialljf

pair of bont shoes on the way. got a good deal on merlin. mixed reviews on fit but i have high arches so hoepfully they will suit my feet well.
    also wondering do i need a pair of roubaix-lined bib shorts. seems like a sensible piece of kit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭joey100

Starting a new build so a bit of stuff ordered,

Etap shift kit
    Dura ace standard crank
    Ultegra chain
    Cable covers
    SRAM force brake calipers
    Fizik Antares saddle
    Elite stealth bottle cage
    Shimano pedals

Hopefully order the frame (still to be decided) and zipp bars and stem next month.

Diadora Trivex MTB shoes.
    Shimano M324 SPD's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Some Endura Movistar Bib Shorts and a matching Long sleeve Jersey ..and Cap for the coming cold days from the CANYON store .

Looks like I am about to go "Full Kit" as my bike is a Canyon Roadlite in Movistar replica mode:roll eyes:

Electric log splitter

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Guerciotti Keo Pedals. Mostly pointless purchase, but I've a Guerciotti and I happened on them in eBay. They're not as good as the pedals that are even on the bike I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭victor201

Garmin edge 1000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Giro Sutton helmet with MIPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,374 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Garmin Fenix 3 watch, Park Tool chain cleaner, Continental Grand Prix 4000 S II tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭joey100

Cannondale supersix evo, Tiagra model but stripping it and putting etap and a dura ace crank on it so will be selling on the Tiagra.

Zipp SL 70 aero road handlebar. 40cm.

Build is getting there, Stem, seat post and wheels still to come. Hopefully stem and seat post before Christmas but can't see the wheels happening until after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭SwissToni

Fulcrum racing 5's after I discovered a bad crack in the rim (@ the spoke hole anybody else ever had that?) of the otherwise perfect Mavic Ksyrium Elites on my winter bike.

Advertisement