Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

398725.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭Plastik

That's a funny looking Cervelo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Bought meself a watch that works with power meters, cadence etc.

f4pvowevh8yukdrcfyxf.jpg

It's a multisport watch so I might have to go swimming!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Plastik wrote: »
    That's the new spare, spare, spare. The first spare is a Cervelo. The 2nd and 3rd are Dolans

Bit like the road bikes - spare #2 is a Ridley and spare #3 a Scott

Alas only have one spare TT bike and that's a Giant

lennymc wrote: »
    It's a multisport watch so I might have to go swimming!
    Add a bit of running and you'll be suited to that club in Balrothery - some of those guys seem to enjoy that sort of stuff

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Plastik wrote: »

It's the new DTC 1 model

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Bought meself a watch that works with power meters, cadence etc.

Nice ...Fennix HR?
    Will it work with any ANT+ PM / Cadence and Bluetooth sensors?

Have been considering something like this for a while.

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    Nice ...Fennix HR?
    Will it work with any ANT+ PM / Cadence and Bluetooth sensors?

Have been considering something like this for a while.

It works with ant+ only according to dcrainmaker
    http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2016/02/garmin-fenix3hr-review.html

All of my current sensors are ant+ so that wasnt a factor for me. I like the sensor pool concept - add everything to the device and it figures out what is transmitting when you start a training session.

I like the fact its wearable day to day, has the hrm built in as I go for ad-hoc runs at lunch and am currently using my phone. I also like the Vo2max and LT features (and I'm sure I will find more use for it). Had my vo2 max tested about 4 weeks ago, so will be interesting to see how accurate it is.

@Beasty, I'm only seeings your reply now. I'm just back from a run...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

It works with ant+ only according to dcrainmaker
    http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2016/02/garmin-fenix3hr-review.html

All of my current sensors are ant+ so that wasnt a factor for me. I like the sensor pool concept - add everything to the device and it figures out what is transmitting when you start a training session.

I like the fact its wearable day to day, has the hrm built in as I go for ad-hoc runs at lunch and am currently using my phone. I also like the Vo2max and LT features (and I'm sure I will find more use for it). Had my vo2 max tested about 4 weeks ago, so will be interesting to see how accurate it is.

@Beasty, I'm only seeings your reply now. I'm just back from a run...

Bargain or not......?
    also looking for one .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

@lennymc

Good review as always by DCR! Tempting. Must look in UK outlets with the Eur/£ rate as it is.

• Advertisement

£386 delivered to parcel motel. Expecting it during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Islabikes Cnoc 16 in green :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I have the 920xt which has the same feature. Only issue I've had is that it gets confused on my turbo with the cadence sensor, and the misuro b+ that's also giving cadence (as well as power). Not a biggy, I just have to remember to take off the cadence sensor for turbo sessions!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭joey100

Zipp service course stem and seatpost. Ribble are passing on the sterling savings so they worked out around 20 euro each cheaper than the usual sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Ant + dongle and 3m lead for my Tacx trainer so I can hook up to Trainerroad via laptop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Fluorescent tape in various colours for sticking big scary eyes onto my bike. People see eyes (it's why advertisers make logos like the Oxo and Odlum ones). People will definitely see big scary green eyes staring at them as they drive in the night.

Currently on the slow boat from china.
    A bright front light
    A rear light with freaking lasers
    2 x small lights for front and rear

All for less than €10 if customs doesn't take their piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

ronoc wrote: »
    Currently on the slow boat from china.
    A bright front light
    A rear light with freaking lasers
    2 x small lights for front and rear

All for less than €10 if customs doesn't take their piece.

AFAIK if you have receipts/documentation to show that the value of the consignment is under about €23 there is nothing for them to take :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,369 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

just order some SIDI Genius 5 Fit Carbon Road shoes £77.50 from wheelies.co.uk

used address pal as they wanted £14.99 shipping

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Come to daddy...

Less than half price, way less.

For no reason.

Ww237Yn.jpg

• Advertisement

Come to daddy...

For no reason.

Ww237Yn.jpg

Very nice.... Full Carbon? Really got the urge for a set of deep rims for next Spring/Summer.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Come to daddy...

For no reason.

Ww237Yn.jpg

Where did you get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Hope Vision R4+ LED front light.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭joey100

New wheels for the new build

https://www.merlincycles.com/fulcrum-racing-zero-nite-clincher-wheelset-continental-gp4000sii-tyres-90309.html

With few extra carbon brake pads, should have the bike built over the weekend now. Mudguards coming for the old good bike now to relegate it to winter bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

New 11 speed chain and brake disc pads.

Charge Spoon saddle, Chamois Cream and a few reserve gels for the winter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

A toasty Helly Hansen base layer and an Endura Thermolite scull cap, finding it hard to get this cold weather layering thing right!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

Seriously reduced light set courtesy of CRC. Already have the micro drive front and rear set (onto my second via a warranty replacement also through CRC due to water ingress in the rear - mudguard has helped the more recent one), and 24 quid for another rear, and a "bigger" version of the front was hard to argue with!

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

I've some Galibier toe covers on the way, gonna wear them under overshoes for super warm winter feet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Oooooo miss.......

SON%2028%203_zpsoexkdfgu.jpg

SON%2028_zpsgrf28jyd.jpg

SON%2028%202_zpsvcwfjrrg.jpg

Advertisement