Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

OleRodrigo wrote: »
    Yeah, he said pretty much the same thing - wide rim and 32 h should offset any weakness on the hub body.

Do you notice any drag on the shimano? What light you using now ?

Drag when spin in hand or when light switch on and spinning by hand. On bike not really, maybe not ideal for hill repeats...

A few Watts for peace of mind is fine with me especially for audax where speed is steady and drag/weight is less important.

Have some 60 lux B+M light (not sure which one find their naming system confusing to say the least) which is fine. Had intended to get the 100 lux B+M or the Luxos B (The Luxos U has charger for USB with lots of faulty ones about) but never bothered. Have used on 3 night rides recently between 70km-100km and in countryside it's perfect, in suburbs/town the light pollution and effect on my eyes makes it a little dim.

The edelux 2 and Supernova ones seem to be the business; buyers are spoilt for choice really. yacf.co.uk is a good resource for usually pretty detailed reviews etc for all things audax. Weirdo central but well informed weirdos!

Archtype wheelset will look great on your stainless bike I would think

@PlanetX are you running a rear light? What connectors did you go with, it there decent ones about with decent sealing?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Chainring bolts, heard popping on the way into work last week and stupidly did not stop to check, then my chain dropped. I thought the wheel had slipped but when I went to tension it, I found my chainring was only attached at one point. Arrived yesterday to find out that they are slightly too long, so need to get some washers now as well.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

@ford,
    Topline Plus and IQ CYO Premium up front on Audax bike.
    Luxos U on Surly DT. Will probably slap a Topline Plus on that aswell.

IQ CYO Premium is a well rated front as per yacf reviews.
    That'll do me.

Connectors? Spades and shrink tube.

"Listen to Kim" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Not in the post as such but a new fork going on along with a full service.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,374 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I've been in the market for bib tights for a while... and in the post to me right now are Galibier's Mistral Bib Tights.

They were only launched on Monday night, so there are no reviews or anything available. But I got a nice discount code from them (£79 down to £56.80). And I have the Énergie Elite bib shorts from Galibier and I really like the fit/size etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

^^^

Although I'm a fully paid up member of The FairWeather Cyclists Club I ordered a pair of Specialized RBX bib tights (2015 model) from cyclestore.co.uk £48 stg

I don't have any tights, will be handy for early Spring!

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Trekker09

I've ordered Holdsworth long sleeve top from Planet X https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CLHLSJ/holdsworth-sports-wool-long-sleeve-jersey

Also padded up the order with essential stuff like Beanie hat etc

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

prod120976_IMGSET?wid=500&hei=505

winging its way but santy wont let me attach to the steed till xmas :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,757 ✭✭✭C3PO

2 x 23c Schwalbe Durano Plus for the SS commuter ... the bloody 25s, I got last week, fouled the rear brake calliper!!

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Road ID, reduced to $18. Seemed a decent price, so I pulled the trigger. On 48hr sale.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Does a coffee grinder count?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Chuchote wrote: »

Only if you bring a flask of coffee on your spin!

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

I've been in the market for bib tights for a while... and in the post to me right now are Galibier's Mistral Bib Tights.

They were only launched on Monday night, so there are no reviews or anything available. But I got a nice discount code from them (£79 down to £56.80). And I have the Énergie Elite bib shorts from Galibier and I really like the fit/size etc.

I could do with a pair of these .Is the code usable or was it a once off code.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

codie wrote: »

Twas a once off for 26 hrs. I left it marginally too late :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,374 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

codie wrote: »

As Weepsie said, the code was only valid for 26 hours and expired Monday night at 11pm.
    Weepsie wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Plus it was only sent to people who purchased off them in the past, and they asked that it not be "shared"

I was considering them but the site kept defaulting to Sterling at the checkout, which was 5% dearer using Visa/paypal than their on site Euro price (which is linked to an exchange rate and changes Daily, if not more, from what I can see. Which is a pretty honest way of doing business, if you could actually buy them in Euros!)

Oh... and I have some Reynolds Brakes pads and a rear QR on the way to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Chuchote wrote: »

Of course it does.
    Coffee is bike related!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Saw this on Groupon and just couldn't resist...

https://www.groupon.ie/deals/mens-bike-t-shirt

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Of course it does.
    Coffee is bike related!

Damn thing has no connection to use with a dynamo. #DesignFail

Trekker09 wrote: »
    I've ordered Holdsworth long sleeve top from Planet X https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CLHLSJ/holdsworth-sports-wool-long-sleeve-jersey

Also padded up the order with essential stuff like Beanie hat etc

FFS, rang Planet X today and it still hasn't been dispatched despite all items being in stock!!!! Deffo last time I'm going to deal with them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Seadin

Garmin vivoactive watch.
    Zipp sl sprint stem 100mm for racing bike.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Trekker09 wrote: »
    FFS, rang Planet X today and it still hasn't been dispatched despite all items being in stock!!!! Deffo last time I'm going to deal with them

Its only been a day, in what is arguably the busiest time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I ordered last week, and was in my parcel motel yesterday. Was happy enough with that, given there was a couple of days delay with parcel motel themselves. I don't think they claim a fast turnaround like some sites?

I ordered on Sunday, now Friday. I was told yesterday that it was going to be dispatched yesterday and that I'd get a confirmation email with a tracking number etc, nothing yet. I had contacted them on Friday prior to placing the order and they said that if the items were in stock (which they were), they would be dispatched within 2 working days.
    I've had this issue with them before but gave them the benefit of the doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Seadin wrote: »
    Garmin vivoactive watch.
    Zipp sl sprint stem 100mm for racing bike.
    Garmin Vivoactive on its way to me too. Saw it on the CSS advent sale, knew a colleague had one so waited until yesterday to try it on to be sure it would fit and pulled the trigger. Opted for express delivery so I'd have it for the weekend. It's currently in a van.

Happy out. Colleague wasn't impressed I was getting it for sub €200. She paid almost €300!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Garmin Virb Ultra 30. Dont know why but got at a decent price.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Got a 300 euro chain reaction gift voucher in my inbox this morning. Now to try figure out what I need

neris wrote: »
    Got a 300 euro chain reaction gift voucher in my inbox this morning. Now to try figure out what I need

The debutante knows what you need, but Chain Reaction knows what you want

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭secman

Decided to take the plunge and ordered myself to get a garmin 520 from Santa. Did the CSS transaction on the phone when having a teabreak in the Square yesterday. As I was driving down Belgard road and waiting at lights at Airton Rd junction, I received the email saying Santa's gift was ready for collection, it's all wrapped and I can't wait to open it. Other half is delighted for me.:)

Happy Christmas to all you boardies, oh and don't forget to pull the trigger on the Santa Strike Force..... a great cause....check it out..... Beasty is a legend....

Advertisement