Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Some Cycle Superstore Advent Bargains!

TYC00084.jpg

csd99.jpg

11310.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,497 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Bi annual make over time , so lots of bits and pieces in the post.

Ultegra cassette and chain 12t-30
    Outer cables and inner cables.
    Durano plus tyres 25c *2
    Michelin lithium tyre ( great cheap tyre , keep on skate back wheel)
    Half dozen tubes and a patch kit.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Shimano DH 3N80 Dynamo Hub
    Tiagra 12-28 casette
    And a rear cateye light as it's the only type that'll fit in the pannier bracket.

All for just under 100 as I have my Rose voucher and they're doing free postage.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Weepsie wrote: »

All for just under 100 as I have my Rose voucher and they're doing free postage.

Noticed that yesterday, over a certain amount and they seem to get rid of the postage. Not sure if there is a hard and fast number or just certain sized items have it built in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

CramCycle wrote: »
    Noticed that yesterday, over a certain amount and they seem to get rid of the postage. Not sure if there is a hard and fast number or just certain sized items have it built in.

They have an offer until COB today to do free EU shipping over €100, and they run similar ones from time to time, but usually there are shipping costs associated.

EDIT: I have a Kask Mojito winging its way to me for 94 quid by virtue of same offer and a 15 euro voucher they sent me in early December.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,369 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

new front forks for the mtb, steerer tube cutter, new road bike headset (sick of brown goop coming out of it - not much left after taking it apart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Shimano DH 3N80 Dynamo Hub
    Tiagra 12-28 casette
    And a rear cateye light as it's the only type that'll fit in the pannier bracket.

What light did you go with?

Just ordered an IQ-X from rose on a whim before Xmas to replace a 60 lux b&m which was fine to!

I've used a rear b&m (seculite I think) which will fit on seat stay. I don't bother with it any more, too much cabling for my liking.

What rim and who'll build it for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Pair of Conti 4 seasons
    Top peak Saddle bag
    Electrolytes

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Hu Deman

Shimano 105 Crankset 5800
    Shimano 105 12-28 cassette
    Prologo Kappa saddle
    Elite Bottle holders
    Shimano pdr 550s
    That should do to start.

ford2600 wrote: »
    What light did you go with?

Just ordered an IQ-X from rose on a whim before Xmas to replace a 60 lux b&m which was fine to!

I've used a rear b&m (seculite I think) which will fit on seat stay. I don't bother with it any more, too much cabling for my liking.

What rim and who'll build it for you?

Havnt chosen a light yet. Open to recommendations. Mavic A719 is the choice and it'll be built in Humphries hopeully

• Advertisement

cython wrote: »
    They have an offer until COB today to do free EU shipping over €100, and they run similar ones from time to time, but usually there are shipping costs associated.

EDIT: I have a Kask Mojito winging its way to me for 94 quid by virtue of same offer and a 15 euro voucher they sent me in early December.

I have a Protone on the way due to.this and the 10euro off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Havnt chosen a light yet. Open to recommendations. Mavic A719 is the choice and it'll be built in Humphries hopeully

You'll have to try hard to break that wheel!

I'll try and do a beam shot comparison between the two, although tricky with dynamo lamps

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

SMP Dynamic saddle, Giro Synthetic helmet and Shimano R321 shoes. Expensive day for the credit card

ford2600 wrote: »
    You'll have to try hard to break that wheel!

I'll try and do a beam shot comparison between the two, although tricky with dynamo lamps

It will be replacing a CXP33 which is fairly bomb proof too, but can keep them for the longer days if need be. Hunting down a rear 32H hub to get matching wheels now.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ryder

Edge 25 HRM bundle and kinetic road machine smart.....lots of good intentions

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Set of disc askiums on the way, think there is concrete in the ones that came on the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭dancrowley

One of these:

Belgie_Disc_IG_shifterbikes_01.png?v=1450399236

My Canyon Ultimate CF SLX frame succumbed to some damage just before Christmas, which may/may not be able to repaired... to the rescue, my wonderful missus! She hooked me up with the Curve Belgie Ti Disc frame and 45mm Curve G4 wheels. The rest of the components I can salvage from the damaged frame: Campagnolo Record groupset with power2max Type S power meter, Specialized Power saddle and aluminium Ritchey stem and bars.
    I can't wait to get my paws on it. I love the industrial look of it and the external cable routing.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Diggabot

Giro Synthe... literally just landed on my desk :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

Titanium seatpost with a clamp suitable for carbon rails - pretty hard to find as it turns out. Most have clamps for 7mm round rails - which are generally steel and ti - whereas carbon based tend to be oval at 7mm X 9mm. They also require a broader clamp area to minimize the chance of creating a pressure and friction point.

Had to get it from Taiwan and it may require a bit of filing to make sure the contact area is smooth.

s-l1600.jpg

OleRodrigo wrote: »
    Titanium seatpost with a clamp suitable for carbon rails - pretty hard to find as it turns out. Most have clamps for 7mm round rails - which are generally steel and ti - whereas carbon based tend to be oval at 7mm X 9mm. They also require a broader clamp area to minimize the chance of creating a pressure and friction point.

Had to get it from Taiwan and it may require a bit of filing to make sure the contact area is smooth.

I was thinking about a Ti seatpost to complete the look, but decided to stay with the carbon seatpost from the Canyon. I've not even ridden a Ti bike and am chucking all my proverbial eggs in the basket! Off-topic, slightly, but how do you find the "ride quality"?

• Advertisement

dancrowley wrote: »
    I was thinking about a Ti seatpost to complete the look, but decided to stay with the carbon seatpost from the Canyon. I've not even ridden a Ti bike and am chucking all my proverbial eggs in the basket! Off-topic, slightly, but how do you find the "ride quality"?

It's actually for stainless frame so not sure, but I'm expecting it to be great. Have another stainless bike and I love the feel of it.

Not sure how much the seatpost will contribute to the overall experience however the look suits the frame material. All the other steel/ alu posts are too shiny.

Is that a Thomson masterpiece on yours? They are the business!

OleRodrigo wrote: »
    It's actually for stainless frame so not sure, but I'm expecting it to be great. Have another stainless bike and I love the feel of it.

Not sure how much the seatpost will contribute to the overall experience however the look suits the frame material. All the other steel/ alu posts are too shiny.

Is that a Thomson masterpiece on yours? They are the business!

I hope it works out to be comfy for you!

This photo with the Thomson seatpost is just a "stock" photo from the website; I'll be chucking my carbon Canyon seatpost in the Curve Ti frame.

dancrowley wrote: »
    I hope it works out to be comfy for you!

This photo with the Thomson seatpost is just a "stock" photo from the website; I'll be chucking my carbon Canyon seatpost in the Curve Ti frame.

Sweet. Well wear, its a lovely looking bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭G1032

SKS Raceblade Pro XL Mudguards

Front mudguard broke when I was out yesterday.
    New ones ordered. €52 from Cycle SuperStore.

Could have got them for a couple of euro cheaper on CRC but they get enough from me.

My CI license

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Whyner

Picked up a Garmin 520 Edge at lunch for 195 in Halfords. 222 on Wiggle

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

got 2 rolls of bar tape, pair of bib shorts, new saddle, a cap and sensors for my Garmin from chain reaction this week and now just ordered a new front derailleur and some brake cables from wiggle as they are the only ones who have the derailleur

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭rodneyTrotter.

Whyner wrote: »
    Picked up a Garmin 520 Edge at lunch for 195 in Halfords. 222 on Wiggle

Was that on special offer ?

It's €217 now

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Rokta

Cleaning kit... the roads are filthy, I only clocked 40km this week but the bike looks like somebody buried it in a field and then took it for a spin...

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I've deleted a number of posts. Anyone discussing tax fraud can expect further action if they do so again

Any questions PM me - do not respond to this warning in thread

Advertisement