Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Was that on special offer ?

It's €217 now

Sounds like he got 10% discount, AXA insurance and some other companies do an affiliate deal like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

a set of Race Blade Long 2 for the road bike with the intention of doing a bit of commuting. I was about to pull the trigger on a commuter complete with mudguards and carrier etc but realised that the commuting mightn't work out and wasting my money on the race blades is a lot less than on a new bike :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

a set of Race Blade Long 2 for the road bike with the intention of doing a bit of commuting. I was about to pull the trigger on a commuter complete with mudguards and carrier etc but realised that the commuting mightn't work out and wasting my money on the race blades is a lot less than on a new bike :D

Something in your story does not add up :p

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭dancrowley

campy-super-record-cup-set-ut.jpg?w=430&h=430&a=7
    Was advised to get SRAM GXP bottom bracket for the new build... needed these, instead, so inaugural ride on new bike postponed by a week... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Whyner

Was that on special offer ?

It's €217 now

This worked for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,434 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Managed to unseize the forks of the hardtail, which I suppose is a good thing (can't justify the cx bike spend now, so no new bike). So new cassette and chain winging it's way from chain reactions...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Another Chainring. One went around Halloween. Trouble shifting and I ignored it, looked down when I got home and the inner chainring was cracked and bent. Got a new one but never put it on, either riding fixed or going 1x11. Finally went to put it on the other day and it has disappeared off the face of the earth. New one on its way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

2 rotor discs
    1 new 10 speed chain
    and a 2nd hand pair of Fulcrum Racing 5 disc wheels

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Northwave Celsius 2 GTX winter boots.

Bring on the weather!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Northwave Celsius 2 GTX winter boots.

Bring on the weather!

Best faff reducing purchase you can make.

In very heavy rain, I'm mean downpour stuff, you need some effort at sealing top

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

Just ordered myself a Saracen Mantra Trail, time to get back out on the trails (or even a bike for that matter) after a long hiatus...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Ordered a couple of spare chains from Evans on Tuesday, arrived this afternoon which frees me up for a decent spin at the weekend. Well pleased with the delivery time. Went for cheaper SRAM chains this time as an experiment, as the more expensive chains don't seem to be lasting me particularly long in bad weather (and crud from my trips off road) and possibly aren't worth the extra money for a leisure cyclists such as myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

not genesis madison £0.99 water bottles with free delivery coz some of you bought like 100 of them :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Not 100% bike but I did order it for my bike. A set of metric Allen key sockets to fit my torque wrench

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

'New' version of the Galibier Tourmalet rain cape.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

A new chain, a chain checker, a polycarbon bottle cage (to match one I broke) and lots and lots of tubes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Nothing, FINALLY!

until the next time... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Pair of Castelli Gregg socks and Sorpasso bib knickers from Wiggle, grand total of £77 stg :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

This is like a thread of shame to me.

Dura Ace Di2 SM-BTR2 battery for the Diddly Eye2 and a Ultegra Diddly Eye2 FD that is 11 speed, so I can contemplate upgrading the 10s version I have.

"contemplate"

That's the key word.

I should probably have posted this in the "What bike related thing did you receive in the post and is currently gathering dust somewhere" thread, but I couldn't find it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

This is like a thread of shame to me.

Dura Ace Di2 SM-BTR2 battery for the Diddly Eye2 and a Ultegra Diddly Eye2 FD that is 11 speed, so I can contemplate upgrading the 10s version I have.

"contemplate"

That's the key word.

I should probably have posted this in the "What bike related thing did you receive in the post and is currently gathering dust somewhere" thread, but I couldn't find it.

You must have a load of Di2 FD?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Got paid after a rather lean January, so stocked up on spares for the bikes, all from chainreactioncycles.

The commuter is getting a makeover this weekend, so new bottom bracket (Ultegra), chain and cassette being fitted. Cassette is a SRAM 9-speed PG-970, reduced from €95 to €35, so can't argue with that. Probably should have picked up a couple, but I usually get a year from a commuting cassette.

Put a new middle ring on it over Christmas, so that should keep me going for a while. Got new Dura Ace brake pads as well as spare.

For the "good bike", I ordered some Clarks campag brake inserts - was pleasantly surprised by the shimano version I bought in a panic at halfords a few weeks ago.

My windstopper gloves are shot after 3 or 4 years of commuting, in fairness they've been a great buy. Couldn't resist the Gore Bike Wear ones on sale at the moment

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/gore-bike-wear-power-windstopper-gloves-aw16/rp-prod151417

€114.92 for the whole lot, can't argue with that. That should keep me going for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭poochiem

Garmin eTrex 30x...picking it up on the way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

Chain, Pads, Gear Cables, 32c Gatorskins,and handlebar tape. The winter is killing my commuter bike slowly but surely. I decided to try the thicker tyres as the canal cyclepath is covered in low friction crap and the road works in town are annoying too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Magura Vyron dropper post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

godtabh wrote: »
    You must have a load of Di2 FD?

They'll be worth their weight in gold in a few years time. Fact!

Picking them up online in various places for cheap, which helps. 'Twas 62e for the following https://www.bike24.com/p234979.html

I should really delete the shops/sellers from my bookmarks.

How could one resist?

these for 42.51!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

2 x Sram 1050 chains
    2 Pairs Vittoria Voyager Hyper 35 tyres and a load of 33-37 tubes
    B+M Cyo T 80 Lux Dynamo light plus rear brake light
    B+M Dynamo USB charger

and while technically not in the post, I should have 2 handbuilt wheels on Mavic A719 rims come Monday.

I'm supposed to be saving money :o

• Registered Users Posts: 16,747 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Tomorrow I shall visit the LBS and order Stages Power Meter, 52 36 Crankset for Ultegra, new back tyre and possibly new shoes if they are feeling kind and generous as I have a strict budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Just building up my equipment as I'm starting off.

Have a Joe Blow Sport II floor pump on the way from Wiggle, €31.83 delivered. Halfords wanted €43.

Had a Lidl floor pump which was crap so returned it for a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

Just received Tacx Ceramic and Teflon coated jockey wheels and SwissStop brakepads. No idea if the jockey wheels will make a difference but it will in my head :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Following on from recommendations here, just got my 16oz Rock & Roll extreme lube kit in the post.

Advertisement