Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

InTheAttic wrote: »
    They can't be €63 including postage as they are listed at £63 (excluding postage) on the site :(

Sheesh.......
    Special offer bundle on the day , order in stg rather than €, plus 10% discount and free postage .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Park Tool hammer and Cleaning brush set

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

new socks

r5socks03.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

They can't be €63 including postage as they are listed at £63 (excluding postage) on the site :(

Sigma do the same deal for two tyres and two tubes for €69

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭dancrowley

OleRodrigo wrote: »
    Are you running a short or med cage derailleur with the chorus cassette ?

Short. It will cope with the 50/34 I'll be chucking on up front and the 12-29.
    How do you find the vittoria corsa g+ tyres? What do you think of the puncture resistance? Have heard the continental GP4000s II are that bit better for puncture resistance so I went for them for racing but I absolutely love the look of the corsas!

I haven't tried them out, yet. Have been riding the Corsas (pre G+) for a while and, although they aren't as puncture resistant as the Contis, they're pretty solid. They're like a magic carpet and look fantastic.
    This pic was taken a couple of weeks back; new handlebars and seatpost go on today.

1zewpiq.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭InTheAttic

moonshadow wrote: »
    Sheesh.......
    Special offer bundle on the day , order in stg rather than €, plus 10% discount and free postage .

lol my bad! Thanks for the clarification. €63 including postage is a great price!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

cycliq fly6 - I was procrastinating for months!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

• Registered Users Posts: 16,747 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Got paid today so was expecting loads but it seems the Mrs has associated spending a B2W with spending actual real cash and limited me to an Antares, BCCA powder and a cold gear Under Armour.

Sad times in the cycling shed of Dahat....Is it March yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Thought I had ordered a pair of tyres and a cable cutter. A pair of cable cutters and a tyre arrived.

Doh! My fault after checking order! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭Trekker09

https://www.sportpursuit.com/catalog/product/view/id/875225

At €68 delivered seems like a good buy. Got some great reviews as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Jacket for the missus. Serious bargain price! And other stuff i'm not going into :D

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/endura-womens-photon-packable-jacket/rp-prod91337

• Registered Users Posts: 14,377 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Look KEO 2 Max Blade Road Pedals

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Castelli free-aero shorts
    Castelli Pirata bandana
    Elite Super Corsa 750ml bottle
    4 x SIS cola flavoured hydration tabs

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭All My Stars Aligned

Castelli Pirata bandana

I sincerely hope that you have a bald head and a goatee.

Altura ergofit overshoes, don't know whether they're good bad or indifferent but took a punt for €17 (cyclestore.co.uk)

PS not strictly in the post but bought a Eurosport player subscription, sick of rooting around for bad streams!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

Castelli Pirata bandana

Did you find a good deal on these? Great shorts and thinking of picking up another pair if I can find a good deal somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Crocked wrote: »
    Did you find a good deal on these? Great shorts and thinking of picking up another pair if I can find a good deal somewhere.

I got them on eBay for £47 posted to parcel motel. They're brand new with labels. Bargain price methinks!
    I sincerely hope that you have a bald head and a goatee.

Ha ha!! Its for under my helmet on days when it's too warm for a regular skull cap but too cool for no cap. I already cut the little tail thing off it as it just looks daft.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Topeak Joe Blow pump. Not in the post, just ordered to my LBS and will collect tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Replacement rear sections for SKS Raceblade Long mudguards. The quick-release clips on both sections had failed, one open, the other closed. Decided to check out their 5 year warranty as they were only two years old. Other than having to send on a couple of photos, the process was painless and the parts arrived this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Matt Bianco

Replacement rear sections for SKS Raceblade Long mudguards. The quick-release clips on both sections had failed, one open, the other closed. Decided to check out their 5 year warranty as they were only two years old. Other than having to send on a couple of photos, the process was painless and the parts arrived this morning.

I did likewise as front section below lower clip had fallen off from wind resistance on club spin without realising it. A clubmate recommended contacting them as they were under guarantee and they arrived a fortnight later after forwarding photo. Excellent customer service from SKS in fairness.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Hurrah for payday, a pair of Giro Elite shoes. My old shoes are getting closer to the grave every day as the sole came off them last week. Lasted 4 years almost to the day with no maintainence. Hope the new ones can compete mileage wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭loudymacloud

Park tool Pedal Wrench
    Lifeline Cassette Remover
    Chain Whip
    Chain Wear tool
    all from Wiggle, had a voucher.

Ordered a Northwave Black Short sleeve top from Sports Pursuit too.

Add the Workstand I got in lidl yesterday and Im well on my way to destroying my bike:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

Assos T.Mille S7 bib shorts from Wiggle @ 114 euro... madness for shorts but i've decided me arse is important! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭joey100

2 new freehubs to convert my 10 speed wheels to 11 speed from FLO. Coming from America, ordered a few other bits from the UK at same time, interesting to see what gets here first. The race is on......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Just took delivery of a pair of Shimano PD-M530 pedals, so that's Saturday busy with this and replacement of a previously delivered Ultegra bottom bracket.

Pedals have been on the bike since 2013, so approx. 20,000 plus km's on them. Bottom bracket I put on this time last year so approx 6,000 km on it - not showing signs of wear as such, but starting to squeak a bit. Might just throw in bit of oil on it and see those it prolong its life. Can't fault that.

Not strictly in post-Haribo Golden Bears......only a euro in Centra.

Stock up before they rename them 'Peter Sagan Recovery Gels' and charge a tenner a bag :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,747 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Payday and bonus day....I fear for my bank balance!
    New shoes: Northwave Phantom Carbon,fluro yellow with a set of cleats.
    New Stem, Fizik CYRANO R5, 110mm to match saddle
    Second set of club bib shorts from Verge.

I don't really need anything else......I really don't.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

dahat wrote: »

I don't really need anything else......I really don't.....

Agh go on, go on, you will, you will....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭seanin4711

planet x uk
    http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/SASMGRTR/selle-monte-grappa-singlespeed-saddle-with-rivets

KMC 10 speed chain

and chrome track bars from Ali

Advertisement