Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    Agh go on, go on, you will, you will....:D

Ah go on, Magnesium ampoules and Caffeine gels from CRC.

Thinks that's it....

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭dancrowley

1. BikeBoxAlan; went for the "midnight blue" option

2. Buckit Belts watchstrap; went for the Vittoria Corsa tyre.

3. Replacement RoadID; myself and the missus relocated in January so have to update the RoadID.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Castelli Nanoflex arm and kneewarmers, ready for the evening spins!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭cython

Not in the post yet, but will be by tonight, a new 11 speed chain for the good bike after a chain break yesterday. Was inspecting the chain to see whether a quick link would suffice (only about 2000km on it), and found this which basically rules that out.

ccNYI7Fl.jpg

Still going to order an 11 speed split link as a get me home as was fortunate that this happened on a supported spin yesterday so had a broomwagon to get into.

Will be adding a 10 speed chain to the order too, as I'm pretty sure my commuter chain is very worn too. Probably some cleats, and a dummy hub/chain keeper too so as to clean chain and cassette thoroughly and separately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

Assos s7 bibs from the Assos outlet. 110 euro, cant go wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

OleRodrigo wrote: »
    Assos s7 bibs from the Assos outlet. 110 euro, cant go wrong.

not including delivery. got Mille S7's on wiggle for 114 euro last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ernielove

FSA carbon stem for the mountainbike

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ernielove

FSA carbon stem for the mountainbike

dahat wrote: »
    Payday and bonus day....I fear for my bank balance!
    New shoes: Northwave Phantom Carbon,fluro yellow with a set of cleats.
    New Stem, Fizik CYRANO R5, 110mm to match saddle
    Second set of club bib shorts from Verge.

I don't really need anything else......I really don't.....

Bought these from Wiggle but tracking has them as "non eu , presented to Customs" , hardly likely to be charged on these am I?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Bought these from Wiggle but tracking has them as "non eu , presented to Customs" , hardly likely to be charged on these am I?

Where are wiggle shipping from? If you are I'd send them back unless it's a random spot check

• Advertisement

godtabh wrote: »
    Where are wiggle shipping from? If you are I'd send them back unless it's a random spot check

UK id say, so it looks a spot check maybe. Interesting to see how it fares out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Whats happening

Ordered a set of Zonda's from raceview cycles yesterday, but reading some of the reviews they may not arrive.

Anyone use them before?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

A pair of Ultegra 6800 brake calipers to replace the tektro calipers currently on the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭Macy0161

New mini pump and multi tool from planet x after an early puncture and a missed group left me feeling like i was taking a chance down to one tube and one cannister.

Want to add a quick link to the saddle bag. Anyone know whether a sram power link will work with a kmc chain, given the price difference at 11 speed? Read mixed reports...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭cython

Macy0161 wrote: »
    New mini pump and multi tool from planet x after an early puncture and a missed group left me feeling like i was taking a chance down to one tube and one cannister.

Want to add a quick link to the saddle bag. Anyone know whether a sram power link will work with a kmc chain, given the price difference at 11 speed? Read mixed reports...

SRAM powerlock link should work fine with KMC chain as far as I know. At 10 speed they do have the drawback of (officially, at least), not being reusable, but for 11 speed I think the playing field is level and neither of them reusable, so probably no point in spending over the odds on one over the other. However Most places I've looked they're also pretty similarly priced for 11 speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

Payday and bonus day....I fear for my bank balance!
    New shoes: Northwave Phantom Carbon,fluro yellow with a set of cleats.
    New Stem, Fizik CYRANO R5, 110mm to match saddle
    Second set of club bib shorts from Verge.

I don't really need anything else......I really don't.....

i was looking at getting those exact shoes but was struggling to find many decent reviews of them, particularly wrt sizing. several other northwaves i've looked at seem to require sizing up.

did you go for your normal size? would you mind updating when they arrive as to how they fit? thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

Giro_H_CinderMIPS_MatteTitanium_34.jpg

Busted my helmet in Kilmessan so this will be with me tomorrow.

godtabh wrote: »

i got the same today for a pair of mtb shoes i've ordered from wiggle too.

i was looking at getting those exact shoes but was struggling to find many decent reviews of them, particularly wrt sizing. several other northwaves i've looked at seem to require sizing up.

did you go for your normal size? would you mind updating when they arrive as to how they fit? thanks :)

I'm currently wearing a Northwave 46 in the Jet Evo model so hopefully these are same fit.
    I'll have them in hand later and will let you know.

i got the same today for a pair of mtb shoes i've ordered from wiggle too.

Delivered today and no charges or the like.

• Advertisement

I'm currently wearing a Northwave 46 in the Jet Evo model so hopefully these are same fit.
    I'll have them in hand later and will let you know.

sound, thanks. are you also generally a 46 in everyday shoes?

sound, thanks. are you also generally a 46 in everyday shoes?

Yep, Addias UK12 for my trainers and i have flat feet if that's any sort of factor.

Just tried them on and they are same fit as previous Northwave so I would say they are true to size in my case.

They look bloody fantastic as well.

Just tried them on and they are same fit as previous Northwave so I would say they are true to size in my case.

They look bloody fantastic as well.

thanks a million for that - duly ordered :D

following the above, i am now waiting on;

northwave phantom carbon road shoes (fluro yellow) with cleats
    giro privateer off road shoes

both pairs of existing shoes have been clinging on to life for far too long!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

A Shimano chainring bolt tool, a pair of Sidi socks and 2 Topsport Vlaanderen bottles ( I note they've changed to just Sport Vlaanderen now which explains why I got a jersey cheap a few months ago and a reasonable 2.50 for a Tacx bottle)

Seven Worlds will Collide

following the above, i am now waiting on;

northwave phantom carbon road shoes (fluro yellow) with cleats
    giro privateer off road shoes

both pairs of existing shoes have been clinging on to life for far too long!

Went to wear the northwave this morning and after inserting a gel insole I out the shoe on and tightened up the Velcro strap before the ratchet which then duly snapped off, returning these for an exchange, devastated.

Went to wear the northwave this morning and after inserting a gel insole I out the shoe on and tightened up the Velcro strap before the ratchet which then duly snapped off, returning these for an exchange, devastated.

ffs :mad:

mine are due to arrive tomorrow, i hope not to have a similar story to tell.

ffs :mad:

mine are due to arrive tomorrow, i hope not to have a similar story to tell.

Maybe i wasn't supposed to be too forceful with the velcro strap on reflection but have requested a replacement pair on the returns form which looks like it will take a week-10 days to process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭dancrowley

dancrowley wrote: »
    1. BikeBoxAlan; went for the "midnight blue" option

2. Buckit Belts watchstrap; went for the Vittoria Corsa tyre.

3. Replacement RoadID; myself and the missus relocated in January so have to update the RoadID.

BikeBoxAlan arrived. Savage box. Will put it to the test on a trip next weekend.

Buckit Belts watchstrap arrived; probably the most comfortable strap I have, to be honest!

Advertisement