Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

A pair of Ultegra 6800 brake calipers to replace the tektro calipers currently on the bike.

Unless you have 5800/6800/9000 levers then they may not be effective as they're supposed to be.

Anyway back on topic I have a Felt VR30 on the way from Wiggle through the BTW scheme. Sold my Ridley Compact after 5 yrs of fault free use. I hope the Felt gives S good a service!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Ryath

dancrowley wrote: »

Buckit Belts watchstrap arrived; probably the most comfortable strap I have, to be honest!

Pic of watch it's on needed here!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055508118&page=295

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

thekooman wrote: »
    not including delivery. got Mille S7's on wiggle for 114 euro last week.

Exactly right. They charged for delivery after the transaction. Only noticed when it arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Unless you have 5800/6800/9000 levers then they may not be effective as they're supposed to be.

Anyway back on topic I have a Felt VR30 on the way from Wiggle through the BTW scheme. Sold my Ridley Compact after 5 yrs of fault free use. I hope the Felt gives S good a service!

Shimano tech doc suggests I'm hot to trot with the Sora 2x9 shifter and will be better than what I'm currently running

Well wear on your new machine, looks sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

dahat wrote: »
    Bought these from Wiggle but tracking has them as "non eu , presented to Customs" , hardly likely to be charged on these am I?

It would be a mistake / illegal for them to treat these as import into the EU while the UK is a member of the EU. Unless Wiggle / CRC have already Brexited EU in full. :D
    In all likelihood it was a mistake or they are already setting systems up for Brexit export regs (trialing internal systems )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    It would be a mistake / illegal for them to treat these as import into the EU while the UK is a member of the EU. Unless Wiggle / CRC have already Brexited EU in full. :D
    In all likelihood it was a mistake or they are already setting systems up for Brexit export regs (trialing internal systems )

seems to be a new thing for wiggle deliveries. i had one last week and one this week with the same message on the tracking site. neither incurred charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭Thud

Kaisr Sose wrote: »

On a related note, Evans won't ship food (gels, nutrition etc) to Ireland, was that always the case or a recent thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

Thud wrote: »
    On a related note, Evans won't ship food (gels, nutrition etc) to Ireland, was that always the case or a recent thing?

Think that's been longstanding, as the OH was looking at Torq stuff on there as it was well priced a long time ago, but as I recall she couldn't get it shipped here.

Do discount supplements carry the gels? I buy my protein and stuff from them. I don't use the gels but for anybody that does the price is great and they deliver for free next day if the order is over 50quid

• Registered Users Posts: 14,377 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Giro cinder mips. 105 5800 brake calipers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Moonfruit

Tririg Omega x brake calipers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭Thud

cython wrote: »
    Think that's been longstanding, as the OH was looking at Torq stuff on there as it was well priced a long time ago, but as I recall she couldn't get it shipped here.

Was ordering some other stuff so used Parcel Motel and there was no problem shipping them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Thud wrote: »

Food may require a separate licence/permi to export. Not 100% on that though. It may also be a geographic restriction placed in them by the manuf/distributor. (Some bikes can't be shipped overseas) or their shipping agents not handling food /liquids

drift stealth 2 camera
    new garmin mounts for camera under edge out front
    socks
    high5 powder - certainly no issue getting this from wiggle, have had several boxes and tubs delivered previously
    toe covers
    commuting jersey for mrs spuckler

that's after 2 new pairs of shoes arrived in the last week!

i think there's going to need to be a clearout once the new stuff lands...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,747 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Shoes arrive yet?

dahat wrote: »
    Shoes arrive yet?

yes, look good although a small part of the yellow section that overlaps with the black looked slightly scuffed on one shoe. i'd say this could get worn looking pretty quickly so will keep an eye on it. fit seems good anyway so thanks for that. will try them on a 70km-ish spin on saturday morning and see how they hold up for me.

they are lovely looking in person as you had said.

i also got these in grey, mainly for my commute but also for the odd MTB outing. have gone from 2 very plain pairs of shoes to 2 absolutely cracking looking pairs in the space of a week!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

A lot of castelli gear.

Castelli Cafe have decent enough discounts of their own gear

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Event clips and 2 glue on garmin edge mount repair kits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

A replacement/refurbed Edge 520 from Garmin after my one developed a dose of the crazies.

yes, look good although a small part of the yellow section that overlaps with the black looked slightly scuffed on one shoe. i'd say this could get worn looking pretty quickly so will keep an eye on it. fit seems good anyway so thanks for that. will try them on a 70km-ish spin on saturday morning and see how they hold up for me.

they are lovely looking in person as you had said.

i also got these in grey, mainly for my commute but also for the odd MTB outing. have gone from 2 very plain pairs of shoes to 2 absolutely cracking looking pairs in the space of a week!

Just be careful with the velcro straps!!!!

• Advertisement

High 5 4: 1 with some Assos Chamois cream en route for me, CRC as the High 5 was way cheaper there than Wiggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

A replacement for the-ground-opened-and-swallowed chain whip yokie
    2 more bottles (which is ridiculous really as I have more than enough) and a small tub of Powerbar energy drink with, err...am, a free bottle....

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Not quite bike parts or clothing, but looking forward to watching it nonetheless: a DVD/BluRay combo set of "Won't back down", the Steve Peat documentary. Basically a history of downhill mountain biking.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Takca

A bike.
    Went for a hybrid 3 months ago and should have gone for a road bike.
    N == 2

• Registered Users Posts: 9,671 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

A new Cannondale Bad Boy 3 lefty for my short urban commute and various errands, a new Merida 20 matt for my 5 year old that cycles to school with me. Very excited.

(not really in the post, but making their way to the LBS)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,671 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Did I say something wrong and kill the thread? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Well Ill be getting some new bike parts now, seat post rail clamps marked as 16NM max, set the torque wrench to 15NM and prang snap the bolt, nearly along with my finger, parts everywhere. Cant find the bits. Will have another look tomorrow when Im not so annoyed.

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Did I say something wrong and kill the thread? :o

This thread perks up towards the end of the month usually :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Well Ill be getting some new bike parts now, seat post rail clamps marked as 16NM max, set the torque wrench to 15NM and prang snap the bolt, nearly along with my finger, parts everywhere. Cant find the bits. Will have another look tomorrow when Im not so annoyed.

16Nm is very very very tight, carbon seatposts don't require anything more than 5Nm-6Nm and should hold tight at that (with carbon paste) alloy posts need similar, I'm not surprised it snapped at 15Nm!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

16Nm is very very very tight, carbon seatposts don't require anything more than 5Nm-6Nm and should hold tight at that (with carbon paste) alloy posts need similar, I'm not surprised it snapped at 15Nm!

It was not the seatpost clamp but rather the saddle clamp, had it at 9Nm on Wednesday and felt it was tilting up and down.

I know Max marking is the upper limit and shouldn't be hit which is why I set it to 15.

http://bike-manual.com/brands/lemond/om/track/torque_spec.htm gives the recommend settings as

saddle clamp bolts - Bontrager seatpost with bolt across the seatpost head - 120-130 lb•in (13.6-14.7 Nm)

Confused now as to what it should be

EDIT: Treks website also states Seat fixing bolt: 100-150 lb•in (11.3-17.0 Nm).

Advertisement