Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Im hoping the rain jacket I left behind in the b&b after the cliffs of moher cycling challenge on saturday is currently in the post!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭✭dahat

yes, look good although a small part of the yellow section that overlaps with the black looked slightly scuffed on one shoe. i'd say this could get worn looking pretty quickly so will keep an eye on it. fit seems good anyway so thanks for that. will try them on a 70km-ish spin on saturday morning and see how they hold up for me.

they are lovely looking in person as you had said.

i also got these in grey, mainly for my commute but also for the odd MTB outing. have gone from 2 very plain pairs of shoes to 2 absolutely cracking looking pairs in the space of a week!

How have you found the shoes since?
    My replacement pair were sent out yesterday so hoping to have them early next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Matt Black Carnac helmet from PlanetX ......

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

greenspurs wrote: »
    Matt Black Carnac helmet from PlanetX ......

Let us know how you find it. They look like great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

AEST titanium QR's on the way from Hong Kong via Aliexpress. They'll probably be in the post for the next 4 or 5 weeks as postage was free.

• Advertisement

AEST titanium QR's on the way from Hong Kong via Aliexpress. They'll probably be in the post for the next 4 or 5 weeks as postage was free.

Why Titanium QR?

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

A Lezyne Control Drive C02 inflator, mine fell out of my saddlebag yesterday. I hope it has a nice life out in Wicklow somewhere.

dahat wrote: »
    Why Titanium QR?

For the 65g weight reduction...obviously ;-)

For the 65g weight reduction...obviously ;-)

Would you trust AliExpress Titanium?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Might take a few weeks to get the answer. :D

Its not all bad. As far as I know, there is a company on ali that makes OEM Ti frames for a well known brand. Lots of premium branded stuff is made in China. They copy and sell as generic product.

• Advertisement

Yes. Titanium is titanium and the sellers on Ali are getting their products from the exact same place Wiggle and CRC, Planet X etc etc are getting theirs from (I don't think it's a coincidence that they're identical design/weight)

Yes. Titanium is titanium and the sellers on Ali are getting their products from the exact same place Wiggle and CRC, Planet X etc etc are getting theirs from (I don't think it's a coincidence that they're identical design/weight)

Fair point.
    Must have a look for some for TCR..Marginal gains n all that.

100%. Most of the innovation by the companies named above is in marketing. The product development is done by others!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

How have you found the shoes since?
    My replacement pair were sent out yesterday so hoping to have them early next week.

only worn them twice but fairly happy with them. length wise they're perfect, probably slightly too wide for me (have very narrow feet) and i feel like i'm closing them to the max setting without getting them fully tight so planning to pick up a pair of insoles to hopefully bridge that gap.

hope your replacement pair work out better for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

A new head for my floor pump.

(Is it just me or are presta only heads almost non existent?)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Budawanny

Toe warmers from Galibier. Not had them before but the reviews and price are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

Sportful bodyfit mitts (for me) and Sportful bodyfit pro jersey for herself from bikeinn... Bikeinn not recommended as it was ordered 2 weeks ago and still no sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

OleRodrigo wrote: »
    Let us know how you find it. They look like great value.

took 2 weeks to recieve after they went out of stock, but its a great looking helmet. Light and comfortable too

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Joined the Galibier club... Mistral Lite and Energie Elite shorts.

9 Speed shifter for the on-going hardtail project/ saga!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭guym

Fabric Scoop Radius Pro saddle, is the search finally over for the perfect perch??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

A longer stem for experimental purposes.

(At least I think I am - from Canyon. Stems are not on their site, contact through site about a fortnight ago, wait several days for reply email, give details/requirements by reply email, wait several more days for reply including payment link, paid Tuesday no sign of dispatch - should have bought a Ritchey one, No mad rush on it but still..)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Pair of Fizik M1s from Canyon. Reduced to 100 eu - couldn't not.

Bought 3 pairs in contiguous sizes, will return the ones that don't fit. Hard to buy shoes online otherwise. Same postage regardless (8 euro). Oddly, it appears Canyon will pay for the return postage, though that seems rather odd. We'll see...if they make me pay, I won't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,291 ✭✭✭secman

Just about to order a new steed to accompany my 1992 Raparee steel frame with Dura ace, and my cannondale caad 9 with ultegra groupset. The new addition will be a Trek Emonda SL6 Pro with Ultegra groupset and the upgraded wheels , the Vision carbon wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

I'm waiting delivery of a 725 Mercian Pro, frame and forks - should be here any day now :D

This is a replacement for a similar frame that got destroyed by a careless driver. 10 long months without a road-bike are coming to an end!

Felt VR30 from Wiggle as there are no longer any Felt dealers in Ireland which is a shame as they make damn good bikes.

Felt VR30 from Wiggle as there are no longer any Felt dealers in Ireland which is a shame as they make damn good bikes.

Or assemble ? :D
    Enjoy your new bike. Did not know ther me were no longer any Felt dealers in Ireland.

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    Or assemble ? :D
    Enjoy your new bike. Did not know ther me were no longer any Felt dealers in Ireland.

Yeah but I don't think there are many bike brands that do everything from design to manufacture to assembly anymore. Felt do all their own design and R&D in-house but the manufacturing is done in Asia and assembly back in the USA.

Eurocycles used to be the main distributor for Felt in Ireland but they either lost it or gave it up about 3 yrs ago as a result no shops stock them now. There's a shop less than hour from me in Irvinestown in Fermanagh that are Felt agents but unfortunately they're not set up for the irish BTW scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

I ordered the Wahoo Elemnt bolt a few days ago.The Garmin 500 has served me well but it's time for a change and after hearing/reading not great reports about the Garmin 820 and it's many issues i went for the elemnt. Rock solid connectivity and super battery life were the deciding factors. Apparently the mapping on the Elemnt is good without being great but that is a feature i'm not too concerned about.
    Their big selling point seem to be the out front mount is aero, mainly aimed at the TT market, again not an issue for me but it does look neat. Bluetooth, ant+ and wi-fi capabilities should make it bulletproof for uploading rides and data transfers, and unlike the garmin its all set up from a super phone app, no scrolling through data fields for ages.
    Considering the overall package 240 yoyo's makes it seriously good value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

Potenza gruppo and Archetype wheels with DCR rear hub and SON delux dynamo, en route today.

• Advertisement

Crud MK3 mudguards
    Lifeline bottle cage
    2 x 28mm Continental tubes
    Lifeline storage/tool bottle

(all from Wiggle obviously)

Advertisement